MC Taxi Injuries

Nyezhov

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Sorry,,,,meanwhile back on topic..????

Give yourself a warning!

Have you ever looked at one of those MC dudes' feet?

????????????????????????????????????

I always avoid motorbike taxi, back in the 90's the tuktuk where the safest soi transportation, never had an accident. Now i drive MC and car myself, don't trust thai's who seem to be drunk or on medication around the clock.

6 hours ago, VYCM said:

Mate, get real. It's minium 40 baht for around the corner. 

It's far cheaper to take a metered taxi. 

I never pay more than 10 Baht (ok always 10 baht) to the BTS from my Condo and they have to take 2 corners and then they have to U turn to get back to their Bike taxi stand.

6 hours ago, Eaglekott said:

I never pay more than 10 Baht (ok always 10 baht) to the BTS from my Condo and they have to take 2 corners and then they have to U turn to get back to their Bike taxi stand.

Im amazed, the thief's (motorbike taxi's ) wouldn't even start their bike up for 10 baht here in pattaya. 

4 hours ago, VYCM said:

Im amazed, the thief's (motorbike taxi's ) wouldn't even start their bike up for 10 baht here in pattaya. 

Silly comparison. You also wouldn't get a Pattaya taxi to start for under 100 Baht whereas in Bangkok 50 Baht gives you a 3 kilometre ride.

Minimum charge for a m/c taxi in Pattaya is 30, although they almost always insist on 40 if there is a farang involved.

38 minutes ago, wump said:

Silly comparison. You also wouldn't get a Pattaya taxi to start for under 100 Baht whereas in Bangkok 50 Baht gives you a 3 kilometre ride.

Minimum charge for a m/c taxi in Pattaya is 30, although they almost always insist on 40 if there is a farang involved.

Actually, it is a very silly comparison because Bangkok living expenses are so much higher than that in Pattaya, this is why I am amazed at why Pattaya Motorcycle taxis can charge so much or why Bangkok Motorcycle taxis charge so much less.

Really? How far can you go for 10 or 15 ? The "meter" drop seems to be 40 or 50 for me.

I got hit by a motorcycle taxi. The irony is that he took me to the hospital and picked me up and took me back to my hotel. I think it was safer on it than in front of it! : )

On 9/24/2018 at 10:37 PM, Eaglekott said:

Im convinced your here to annoy others. 

No motorbike taxi is going to take you 600 metres for 10 baht. 

On 9/24/2018 at 10:41 AM, Nyezhov said:

risking my life in taking a 10 to 15 baht ride here and there (mostly the 600 meters to the BTS to keep my sweat level down)

I'm convinced your a time waster also, no motorbike taxi is going to take you 600 metres for 10 baht. 

19 hours ago, VYCM said:

Take the motor bike from FYNN Aree Condo to BTS, it's 10 Baht. 700 meters. 

Take Motor bike taxi from RBSC Polo Club to BTS, its 20 baht. 1.2 KM. 

So no I do not annoy others. I'm telling the truth. You are free to give it a try.

By the way, its in Bangkok, I don't know about Pattaya.

On 9/25/2018 at 2:35 AM, shy coconut said:

Probably a silly question, but are these guys officially licensed and if you were to have

an accident whilst riding would travel insurance cover any liabilities?

The times I've used them I have not worn a helmet so guess that would void

any policy.

I bought a MC rider on my policy.

On 9/26/2018 at 8:13 PM, VYCM said:

Well they did this morning. Do you want me to video the transaction?

I got charged 15 baht the other day for the 600 meters between Talat Phlu Train station and the corner of Ratachapruek and Ratchadapisek Roads, but it wasnt my regular dudes.

Archived