"So sorry about that" says "drunk" British woman after claiming she was raped on Koh Phangan

webfact

From the original SamuiTimes article:

"She remembers having a drink in the Leo Bar and then feeling very tired. She then passed out and later woke up on the beach with no shorts or underwear with a man next to her who was smiling, he then left the scene."

But since the man was smiling, and this is the "Land of Smiles", I guess some figure that the smiling man has to be Thai.

http://www.samuitimes.com/koh-tao-rape-victim-escapes-island-and-reports-attack-to-police-in-the-uk/

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

But she obviously carried through with it by being interviewed by the police and medically examined, that's probably classed as effectively making a complaint in this kind of case.

I hardly think so. It is cooperating with an investigation into  whether or not a crime occurred.

She did not at any time file charges.

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:
2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

But she obviously carried through with it by being interviewed by the police and medically examined, that's probably classed as effectively making a complaint in this kind of case.

I hardly think so. It is cooperating with an investigation into  whether or not a crime occurred.

There is a new article today on the other paper.

I hate to say that, but the poster you quoted could be right.

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

"I hardly think so".

So be it, but that doesn't change the fact that if she hadn't made a rape complaint she would not have been interviewed by the police and tested!  Why else would she be "co-operating with an investigation into whether a crime occurred" in which she was the alleged victim if she wasn't making a complaint?

"She did not at any time file charges".

Of course she didn't,  I didn't say that she did "file charges", it's the police who file charges.

She clearly did make a complaint about being raped as evidenced by the fact that she as being interviewed by the police, submitted to a medical rape test and drug test and it all turned out to be untrue.  If she had not made a complaint she would not have had to submit to interview or apologise.

9 hours ago, JLCrab said:

From the original SamuiTimes article:

"She remembers having a drink in the Leo Bar and then feeling very tired. She then passed out and later woke up on the beach with no shorts or underwear with a man next to her who was smiling, he then left the scene."

But since the man was smiling, and this is the "Land of Smiles", I guess some figure that the smiling man has to be Thai.

http://www.samuitimes.com/koh-tao-rape-victim-escapes-island-and-reports-attack-to-police-in-the-uk/

add the fact the samui times printed photo of the thai barman 'smiling' 

Off topic, response to same, bickering/insult and responses removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

42 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

That goes for any false allegations, but lets try and stay on topic shall we

"So sorry about that" says "drunk" British woman after claiming she was raped on Koh Phangan"

I thought the topic WAS about false rape allegations?

3 minutes ago, sambum said:

"So sorry about that" says "drunk" British woman after claiming she was raped on Koh Phangan"

I thought the topic WAS about false rape allegations?

Yes you are correct my man and I "TOTALLY" agree with you

Koh Phangan is in Thailand not the USA

You have been left stating the obvious and in limbo because you quoted a Post that was part of a series of "OFF TOPIC" posts, which had been removed while you were in the process of quoting one of those Posts

Just one of those anomalies really consider yourself unlucky my man

Have a nice day

21 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Yes you are correct my man and I "TOTALLY" agree with you

Koh Phangan is in Thailand not the USA

You have been left stating the obvious and in limbo because you quoted a Post that was part of a series of "OFF TOPIC" posts, which had been removed while you were in the process of quoting one of those Posts

Just one of those anomalies really consider yourself unlucky my man

Have a nice day

Ah, left "in limbo" - better than being left "in the doo doo" I suppose! ????  So I don't feel unlucky at all old chap, but thanks for the explanation, and no doubt our paths will cross soon!

Bi 4 now! 

3 hours ago, sambum said:

Ah, left "in limbo" - better than being left "in the doo doo" I suppose! ????  So I don't feel unlucky at all old chap, but thanks for the explanation, and no doubt our paths will cross soon!

Bi 4 now! 

Please don't hesitate to contact yours truly any time in the future you find yourself struggling

Your obedient servant

As for being unlucky that was all it was my man, Chas beat you by 2 minutes

At least you got the silver

Happy days XXXXXXXXX

4 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Please don't hesitate to contact yours truly any time in the future you find yourself struggling

Your obedient servant

As for being unlucky that was all it was my man, Chas beat you by 2 minutes

At least you got the silver

Happy days XXXXXXXXX

Oh, I don't think I'll be struggling! "My man Chas" implies that you are the one who needs the assistance!

And I didn't realise it was a race - I'm more of a plodder I'm afraid - tortoise and the hare and all that! 

Still, my point stands, which I think you agree with anyway, but to recap, and to get back on topic - false claims of rape are horrendous, whether it's on a campus in the good old US of A, or on a beach in Thailand, and the perpetrators deserve the harshest of penalties, and "sorry ain't good enough"! 

Toodle pip!

Posts removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Archived