"So sorry about that" says "drunk" British woman after claiming she was raped on Koh Phangan

webfact

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

oh comeon. is it just me or is it really possible to be that drunk that you really dont remember? I dont drink anymore but would drink more than anyone i now once upon a time, done all drugs and even rohypnol thats been used as a date rate drug and although i couldnt remember much the next day some things did come back in time. I have just never known it possible to be that drunk and i used to drink like a fish until id pass out..

It’s quite possible. I have entire evenings that have disappeared forever, from late afternoon to the next morning, not a single recollection. It’s called a blackout, and it’s a common indicator for alcoholism. Different people respond to alcohol in different ways; perhaps you’re lucky!

35 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

oh comeon. is it just me or is it really possible to be that drunk that you really dont remember? I dont drink anymore but would drink more than anyone i now once upon a time, done all drugs and even rohypnol thats been used as a date rate drug and although i couldnt remember much the next day some things did come back in time. I have just never known it possible to be that drunk and i used to drink like a fish until id pass out..

It's referred to as "blackout drinking", and it's quite common.  It's actually one of the indicators that someone may be an alcoholic.

But like a lot of things surrounding alcohol and alcoholism, because it doesn't affect everyone the same way, some people don't believe it.  I do, because it happened to me quite often before I took the oath.  I didn't believe a lot of the stories I heard (about me) the next day, but got enough corroboration from enough people that I did, in fact, do those stupid things that I couldn't remember.

Edit:  Thank God they didn't have smartphone cameras back then...

8 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Are you serious ?

(Head in hands...) It's the usual rhetoric we hear when a Thai is caught doing something. They apologise to their own country or for affecting tourism.  Personally I hope she gets punished for this. You can't put such a strong fictitious claim out there and expect no repercussion. Just like with that Musk guy. You can't call someone a paedo and get away with it if it is unfounded.

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

To wander off without consequence seems to be amazingly lucky.

I'm sure the initial claim would have had the TV Bar Stool Crime Scene Investigators (BS-CSI)  in a fit of righteous indignation.

Probably a fair share of the Me-2 "victims" are attention seeking farang losers.

32 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

oh comeon. is it just me or is it really possible to be that drunk that you really dont remember? I dont drink anymore but would drink more than anyone i now once upon a time, done all drugs and even rohypnol thats been used as a date rate drug... I have just never known it possible to be that drunk and i used to drink like a fish until id pass out..

...and never woke up with a bad taste in your mouth and bunghole like the Blackwall Tunnel?

Maybe you just weren't that hot looking when all passed out and pantie-less?.

Seriously though, everyone's physiology is different. Some get legless before they pass out, others puke and pass out quickly , some pass out, puke and suffocate while a few like get into a zombie-like state where they are still parambulating but the lights are off already.

38 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

...and although i couldnt remember much the next day some things did come back in time. ...

That doesn't work when you're up against a hot-ticket, SCOTUS nominee either.

2 minutes ago, alien365 said:

(Head in hands...) It's the usual rhetoric we hear when a Thai is caught doing something. They apologise to their own country or for affecting tourism.  Personally I hope she gets punished for this. You can't put such a strong fictitious claim out there and expect no repercussion. Just like with that Musk guy. You can't call someone a paedo and get away with it if it is unfounded.

In fact she didn't accuse anyone , you can't compare it to the Musk thing.

For what we know, she could have had her drink spiked, and being totally blacked out.

She admitted that she was wrong, end of the story.

Not defending rapists in any way whatsoever - it is a horrible crime and proven  perpetrators should be given the maximum punishment available under the law.

However, these false claims of rape are also very harmful, and she should be charged with wasting police time and punished accordingly. This is a crime that appears to be on the increase, and can lead to innocent parties loss of livelihoods, and reputations being ruined. This should not be treated lightly - a "sorry I was drunk" isn't good enough in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

In fact she didn't accuse anyone , you can't compare it to the Musk thing.

For what we know, she could have had her drink spiked, and being totally blacked out.

She admitted that she was wrong, end of the story.

Saying she suspected it could have been the British guy who was at the pool is as good as an accusation.

3 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Let’s see all the humble apologies and retractions of abusive and incorrect statements  toward the RTP. Oh wait....... 555

Perhaps British women should be banned from the islands. They seem to "catch" rape when they're drunk.

Hmm, so how does this work, A women who can't remember anything and likely was not assaulted gets the full cooperation from the cops, who apparently go about their business in a methodical manner.

A woman who reports she was assaulted on Koh Tao gets stonewalled in every way.

Different methods to show there was no rape.

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Did she claim she was raped or did she just go to the police suspecting she might have been raped? The article isn’t clear. 

who said she was raped in her room ? nobody has interviewed the british guy who she was talking to and see what he says happened she might have been drugged and  raped near the swimming pool , then the rapist left her there and after she woke up and went back to her room alone , and left her knickers on the bed and fell asleep , but apart from that there is no evidence , she apparantly has got pissed up at the pool while talking to a british guy and gone to her room alone 

2 hours ago, DeeMak9 said:

FYI, if GHB is used there is absolutely no chance theres a trace of it left after a few hours.

There would still be forensic evidence of rape though. And from the article it sounds like she had no actual recollection of rape either.   Plus  there is apparently CCTV footage showing no one else entered the room with her or after her.  Seems clear no rape (nor consensual sex) occurred.

Unusual that it was so promptly and thoroughly investigated and I have not heard before of British Embassy officials travelling down to be present at meetings with police. I wonder if the hoopla about the Koh Tao case has prodded them into action? (And, to be cynical, the fact that the possible suspect was a farang may have helped from RTP persepctive?).

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Joanna said: "I woke up naked. My panties were on the foot of the bed and other underwear was on the bed too.

This story doesn't add up, wouldn't be any kind of deflection on the other "rape allegation" would it.

I don't buy this story at all, I reckon it has been manifested, where is Joanne, why don't we see her face, why isn't her second name mentioned.

Me thinks this is all about the other rape allegation trying to discredit a certain young English girl who made some similar allegations.

It seems the problem are also sometimes the family - trying to do something good.

It's not the first case that a person on holiday in Thailand told her parents some made up story for whatever reason.

And then the parents take everything serious and contact the police and the media. And then all hell breaks lose.

One prominent example was the American Olympia swimmer not long ago who hold someone in his family in a phone call that he was robbed. And then lots of unforeseen things happened.

I remember the wonderful time when we made a holiday and send a post card home and then will still arrived back home before the post card arrived. And we didn't even have to explain all the stupid things we did in our holiday...

Archived