"So sorry about that" says "drunk" British woman after claiming she was raped on Koh Phangan

webfact

1 hour ago, Galactus said:

why doing a drug test for a might be rape victim???

just to say like, 'hey, this girl was doing drugs etc etc'

what a nonsense! 

It’s testing for drugs like Rohypnol in case someone had slipped something into her drink. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

This story is positive PR to distract from the Ko Tao alleged rape which Joke went to London to investigate.

Most rapes go unreported. Stop victim shaming and "confused" girl shaming.

So this UK lady is in cahoots with the police? The plot thickens! 

That is the problem with young western women. They do not want to take responsibility for any of their actions and always point fingers or look for someone to blame .

She got so drunk that she does not remember anything so first thing she does is scream rape.

Here is a thought darling , do not get wasted to a point that you do not recall anything, even more so do not get wasted to that point in s foreign country.

If this was back in UK and she did have a guy, poor bugger would have been charged with rape even though silly cow was drunk and consented at the time 

44 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

This story is positive PR to distract from the Ko Tao alleged rape which Joke went to London to investigate.

joke didn't go to london and this girl clearly wasn't raped or even had sex so i think a certain amount of shame is justified.

If i reported to the police that i think i may have been raped because i woke up in my own bed naked with my own clothes next to my bed and don't remember getting there i'd be filing reports on a monthly basis.

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

joke didn't go to london and this girl clearly wasn't raped or even had sex so i think a certain amount of shame is justified.

If i reported to the police that i think i may have been raped because i woke up in my own bed naked with my own clothes next to my bed and don't remember getting there i'd be filing reports on a monthly basis.

I would only if I had a condom sticking out of my backside????

2 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

oh comeon. is it just me or is it really possible to be that drunk that you really dont remember?

Yes it is and it's more common than you might think.

It's known as a blackout.

It can last for hours and you're fully conscious while it's ongoing but your brain makes and stores no new memories for the period of time that it happens. Most people are unaware that they've had a blackout when they have one as they don't last too long.

It's how some people can't quite remember going home the night before but they wake up in their bed as normal.

Blackouts happen when the blood alcohol level increases rapidly in a short space of time, some people can get them from very low amounts of alcohol, others need a lot more before it happens. If you stop or decrease drinking while having a blackout it will end, if you continue drinking it can continue for hours or potentially days.

It's a very interesting thing that happens, if you know what to watch out for you can sometimes tell when someone is having a blackout, the most common sign that I've noticed is when they ask the same question or tell the same story over and over again or buy multiple drinks when they just bought one but haven't finished or even started drinking it yet.

3 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

If I was her father instead of relief I'd be feeling shame for raising such a dumb ass.

i think she was probably hungover and confused the next day and confided in her father and it was him who contacted the embassy probably a bit paranoid due to the koh tao case and the girl went along with reporting the case.

they investigated and it was found that nothing seems to have happened to her.

wouldn't string her up but her mentioning the brit guy at the pool who seemingly did absolutely nothing wrong doesn't sit well with me.

2 hours ago, Galactus said:

why doing a drug test for a might be rape victim???

just to say like, 'hey, this girl was doing drugs etc etc'

what a nonsense! 

The drug test was given NOT to see if she was high but to see if she had been given something to knock her out /put  her to sleep.

26 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

i think she was probably hungover and confused the next day and confided in her father and it was him who contacted the embassy probably a bit paranoid due to the koh tao case and the girl went along with reporting the case.

they investigated and it was found that nothing seems to have happened to her.

wouldn't string her up but her mentioning the brit guy at the pool who seemingly did absolutely nothing wrong doesn't sit well with me.

like I say, a real dumb ass - should be blacklisted for 10 yrs, maybe by the that time she'll have grown up.

2 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

In fact she didn't accuse anyone , you can't compare it to the Musk thing.

For what we know, she could have had her drink spiked, and being totally blacked out.

She admitted that she was wrong, end of the story.

My bad. Having read through the posts I didn't realise that this is a different lady to the one who was having big Joke make a visit to the UK.  If she changed her story, I'd expect a prosecution.

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Extremely fortunate! Plenty of people have been charged for making false allegations about many things, lesser than this. To wander off without consequence seems to be amazingly lucky.

I thoroughly agree, the stupid 'me too'  idiot  should have paid a hefty fine and all the costs pertaining to the case.

1 hour ago, SuperTed said:

so in your opinion only stories which reflect negatively on the RTP are true and everything else is fabricated ? Given the damage wrong accusations do they should be shamed as much as the people who have committed such horrible deeds.

The BIB seem to have done their job?  Test done showed no signs of drugs so not date rape? not sure alcohol? No sign of rape and video show no entry except her.
So what is the explanation as to why she had all her clothes off and laid out near the bed or floor?[emoji848]
Presumanly she took off her clothes hersekf and laid them out in piles.

People decide to do strange things in that state.

Eons ago in my younger days, after a night of way too much tequila I returned home, chainlocked the door, and (this part is inference as I really don't recall it) apparently decided what I really needed at this point was mixed vegetables ( not something I would normally eat by itself). Put some frozen mixed veggies on the stove in a bit of water to boil then promptly forgot all about that and went to bed, closing my bedroom door.

Nect thing I knew --- and it took some while to pierce my addled brain -- there was some loud banging from outside the bedroom that just wouldn't stop. Befuddled I got up, realized I was naked, found some clothes and went out of the bedroom to find the rest of the apartment full of smoke and firemen bashing down my front door. Only then did I vaguely realize something had burned on the stove.

It happens.

I have no trouble imagining a drunk woman laying out her clothes for some reason, forgetting she did so then going to bed nude and remembering none of it next morning.

I'm a little less clear why she would think a rapist would have neatly organized her clothing. But maybe she never normally sleeps nude so finding herself so made her think someone else got her there. Likely has also heard scare stories about rapes and spiked drinks in Thailand.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Does seem a bit far fetched as other posters have pointed out, girl cries rape police immediately swing into action, girl taken to hospital finds no evidence of rape. cctv cameras checked out all working nothing amiss, girl apologises and admits she is in the wrong,  in other words everything  is in order  and police doing  their job, cameras working, hospital does a thorough job, all seems a bit like the honest taxi drivers syndrome, this all seemed to materialise after the other Brit girl cries rape on KT that the joke said there was no proof of rape!

Archived