Green book transfer

It's easiest if you and the buyer can go to the DLT together.

There is an government (official) form which both seller and buyer have to sign.

Best witnessed at the DLT.

Is the buyer a foreigner or a Thai person?

Foreigner needs proof of address (different options).

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 2 months later...

One thing to remember is to always retain a copy of the bill of sale. If you sell a vehicle and the new owner never transfers the blue/green book then all fees and tickets will automatically revert to you. If you have a signed bill of sale then you are off the hook.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Cheers all

Sold it to a fellow Brit and his thai wife who did the paperwork at the DLT cost around 200baht

But when I posted the facebook advert I got a few Thai people offering to buy, saying they will do the transfer themselves just need copies of my passport and claims of transfer costs between 1000 and 2500 baht that they wanted to knock off the price.

One was trying to say something like the transfer was only for a year - maybe it was a mix up with road tax.

On 12/4/2018 at 12:34 PM, Nick ZepTepi said:

Sold it to a fellow Brit and his thai wife who did the paperwork at the DLT cost around 200baht

So you didn't need to supply a "certificate of residence"  ?? 

can you please tell us what province  you live in and what province the new owner live in ?

So you didn't need to supply a "certificate of residence"  ?? 
can you please tell us what province  you live in and what province the new owner live in ?
Both in Chiang mai, no proof of residence only passports original with copies of entrance current stamp & visa. Both had to show up to the dlt so our id was confirmed.

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

Both in Chiang mai, no proof of residence

Ok thanks for that...  will add it to my notes.

so far for Chaingmai the no's have it

residence certificate required from seller

Chonburi/Pattaya  yes
Nakhornratchasima/Korat  yes @ rdrokit
Buriram DLT    @Thai Chi =yes
Chiang Mai ?   @ramrod711 yes   @idman  = no  @anto = no   @Nick ZepTepi  = no
Surin @idman = no
BKK ?

Edited by johng

• 9 months later...

Sold a PCX 150 to a Thai family, got a set of forms from LTO before the sale and had everything to hand before the buyer arrived. Thai bill of sale completed and copies of Thai I’d card and Blue house book given (luckily the Thai wife worked in the LOT and everything was legit). I bought a BN600 from a guy in Korat, went with him to the LTO and did the transfer there cost me 300฿. Had copy of my passport main page, visa retirement extension page, yellow book and Pink Thai ID card. No problem and green book transferred into my name. I live in Khon Kaen province and was told I had 15 days to transfer into that province. We went there a few days later and transferred the bike, after the customary inspection was given a new number plate, tax and insurance slip for less than 200฿. No real drama’s.

80C473B5-E7EE-41A8-AE90-2159B16AE1B4.jpeg

• 9 months later...

I realise this is an old thread, but have a similar query.  if my bike is registered in BKK, does the transfer need to take place there if I am selling it, or can it be done in Prachuap Khiri Khan since I live here now?

Not sure about BKK office but a buyer need a certificate of resident or proof of resident, then they may say you are not resident in that province to transfer to your name. But I think some people have done it, see two posts above...

I transferred mine to new province first , to Phuket,  then to my name, two steps. But you need all forms signed by seller,  plus a valid letter of power of attorney from him, then it's all easy. Shops selling bikes know exactly what you need, they gave me all the correct paperwork as I bought from a shop, and there was no problem...

Edited by Agusts

20 hours ago, Agusts said:

Not sure about BKK office but a buyer need a certificate of resident or proof of resident, then they may say you are not resident in that province to transfer to your name. But I think some people have done it, see two posts above...

I transferred mine to new province first , to Phuket,  then to my name, two steps. But you need all forms signed by seller,  plus a valid letter of power of attorney from him, then it's all easy. Shops selling bikes know exactly what you need, they gave me all the correct paperwork as I bought from a shop, and there was no problem...

I'm thinking of selling, not buying.  Meant to transfer to my province, but would have had to get a new reg number and I liked my old one ????

4 hours ago, saorsa said:

I'm thinking of selling, not buying.  Meant to transfer to my province, but would have had to get a new reg number and I liked my old one ????

Yes, I noticed after I posted that you are selling. Then it's not your headache really,  the buyer has to deal with it, you just need to sign all the forms...

If buyer is Thai or a shop then they know what to do and probably sort it out easily. If farang,  then let him find out according to his location and situation... , I think with a letter of power of attorney from you he can do anything - it's just power of attorney for and regarding this particular bike, not anything else...????

11 minutes ago, Agusts said:

you are selling. Then it's not your headache really,  the buyer has to deal with it,

Yes let the new buyer deal with it..no point/need getting it transferred to a new province etc  and then sell it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...