Missing Brit expat and Thai wife: Media says digging will resume today as fears deepen

webfact

Missing Brit expat and Thai wife: Media says digging will resume today as fears deepen

Mirror.jpg

Alan Hogg, 64, and his wife Nott, 61, are seen with their brand new pick-up truck which was taken //(Image: Viral Press) Mirror

Fears are deepening that the Phrae couple missing since last Wednesday have been murdered. 

Thai media reported that police will resume a search of their property this morning amid fears they are buried there.

Unconfirmed reports suggest that the brother of Nott Suddaen, 61, hired three men to murder her and Alan Hogg, 64. 

Mr Hogg, originally from Scotland who had lived in Australia, was reportedly shot by a duck coop. 

His wife was then hammered to death in a garage, the reports said. 

Bloodstains were earlier found in that area that someone had tried to clear up. 

Police had already used a backhoe to dig an area without success. 

Three men reportedly in custody are to show police this morning where to start digging.

Nott's brother Warut Ratanasatjakit has reportedly fled bail after he paid someone 3,000 to sell the couple's white Ford pick-up that has been found. The latter information was reported by TV Channel 3.

He allegedly paid 50,000 for the couple to be murdered after long term disputes.

Media around the word are calling the missing couple millionaires. 

UK media The Telegraph  reported that the couple's 31 year old Daughter Robyn had arrived in Thailand. 

1a2377df88909ca32110fc41f6d90e691ce413086dab9f6e325dcbc205726cc0.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath said that she was in the company of a German family friend acting as interpreter when taken to her parent's property by police. 

The Daily Mirror in the UK reported that Mr Hogg was originally from Scotland. 

Those said to be in custody over the incident have yet to be named by police. 

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-25

So he's been shot and the wife was hammered to death.i said earlier that it would be a gruesome killing.savages is the only word I can say.killed for 50,000b for christs sake.they kept themselves to themselves and it was a family feud which probably means the brother was demanding money as they seem to be very rich in Thailand.i live in the jungle and have many properties and sit here wondering if this thing could happen to me.i very much doubt it but I bet these two victims thought that too.

5 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Thank God i have a lovely Thai family , never ever had a moments problems ,in fact they have always been the ones who have "given" rather than taken .

Yeah that's they way people describe a dog before it attacks the family baby! Poor bloke probably thought the family actually like him as well.

Just now, happy chappie said:

Funny but the timings not right.maybe after the bodies have been found.poor bugger was probably tending to his ducks and didn't even know it was coming.the horror of his wife being hammered to death is sickening.what a beautiful life the couple seemed to have and all taken away for nothing but some greedy brother/family and 3 savages by the reports coming in.

No time like the present. This happens every day in Thailand. It just happens to involve a farang this time.

Ask @MrJerome

This would be a job for a cadaver dog,BUT does Thailand have such dogs,

if not they should have,more effective than stumbling around digging holes

everywhere.

They have drug sniffing dogs at Chiang mai Airport,and one day it was

going crazy over a passengers bag,the handler opened the bag ,expecting

to find couple Kgs of drugs,only to find 2 Kgs sausages !,the dog was very

hungry,as it was reported the upkeep for the dogs was 12 THB a day for food.

Out on bail, and the "mastermind" has done a runner,prime suspect,was there

not an option to keep him in custody for 7 days,until investigations were made.

regards  worgeordie

what kind of sick **** pays to have his own sister bludgeoned to death.

feel bad for their daughter and hope they catch that rat real quick.

they pretty much knew he was at least involved in what would probably be murder and let him out on bail!

rtp do a good job sometimes but always seem to manage to screw something up.

4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

what kind of sick **** pays to have his own sister bludgeoned to death.

feel bad for their daughter and hope they catch that rat real quick.

they pretty much knew he was at least involved in what would probably be murder and let him out on bail!

rtp do a good job sometimes but always seem to manage to screw something up.

I would not jump to conclusions yet, it seems likely that the brother is the mastermind behind the murders, and it seems likely that the Police will catch him.

Or at least i hope so.

So the master mind was in custody, got bail, jumped bail

It was clear he was inside the property and stole the car after the "disappearance" - so suspicion he knew at least that they were not there

If that's not reason enough to keep him in custody until the case was resolved- I don't know

I would expect legal action to be taken against these police

Cops may not have to look for him very hard.

Its likely the punk will hand himself in  at the local cop shop after consulting a monk and staying at the temple a few days.

He'll confess , cops keep the bail money (farangs money no doubt).

Sentence reduced  maybe a small chance no jail time due to provocation and self defence.

Dead farangs tell no tale.

The arrangements may very well have already concluded.

15 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

So the master mind was in custody, got bail, jumped bail

It was clear he was inside the property and stole the car after the "disappearance" - so suspicion he knew at least that they were not there

If that's not reason enough to keep him in custody until the case was resolved- I don't know

I would expect legal action to be taken against these police

What if they were using him as a bait to catch the perps ?

Just speculating of course.

24 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

What if they were using him as a bait to catch the perps ?

Just speculating of course.

These animals will be caught as they've probably no money,no friends and nowhere to hide.they will probably be found under their mummy's beds or behind their mummy's pinafores where they think it's safe.

1 minute ago, happy chappie said:

These animals will be caught as they've probably no money,no friends and nowhere to hide.they will probably be found under their mummy's beds or behind their mummy's pinafores where they think it's safe.

Well, as far as i know, the 3 perps are already in custody, the brother, who is supposed to be the mastermind, not yet.

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

This would be a job for a cadaver dog,BUT does Thailand have such dogs,

if not they should have,more effective than stumbling around digging holes

everywhere.

They have drug sniffing dogs at Chiang mai Airport,and one day it was

going crazy over a passengers bag,the handler opened the bag ,expecting

to find couple Kgs of drugs,only to find 2 Kgs sausages !,the dog was very

hungry,as it was reported the upkeep for the dogs was 12 THB a day for food.

Out on bail, and the "mastermind" has done a runner,prime suspect,was there

not an option to keep him in custody for 7 days,until investigations were made.

regards  worgeordie

The Swiss government donated some drug sniffer dogs a few years back, twelve from memory. 

They were not really well looked after and they all died within a couple of years.

3 hours ago, happy chappie said:

It may not be the whole family.just the brother.most families have at least one misfit scrounging offspring.think they deserve something for nothing through greed and jealousy.

its often more than one thats for sure

6 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Yeah that's they way people describe a dog before it attacks the family baby! Poor bloke probably thought the family actually like him as well.

Probably but one can only speak as they find, conjecture and doubt will kill your relationship, so go with what you have in your own mind and heart. Me 10 yrs, nice family no one asking for anything not even for the old English joke cup of sugar. I cannot be the only one on this forum who doesn't worry about a knife in the back. but the analogy of the dog biting the baby does correctly point out there are animals out there

3 minutes ago, Aupee said:

Probably but one can only speak as they find, conjecture and doubt will kill your relationship, so go with what you have in your own mind and heart. Me 10 yrs, nice family no one asking for anything not even for the old English joke cup of sugar. I cannot be the only one on this forum who doesn't worry about a knife in the back. but the analogy of the dog biting the baby does correctly point out there are animals out there

Orton Road  was once known as Thai 3 and before that as jackie 54. He hates dogs and regards Thai people with contempt except for certain morlam singers. Last year he posted he was leaving Thailand but it seems he is still here.

7 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

His wife must have thought her brother loved her too but he paid someone peanuts to batter her to death. 

Best to restrict one's choice of Thai wives to orphans who have no known surviving family members.  I dated one once who had only an estranged mother living in the US, who had abandoned her in Thailand at a young age, and an elderly grandmother.  I loved the family set up but the girl herself proved too much for me. 

8 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Very sad for the young daughter, to have lost her parents in such a cruel way, but it seems that the Police has already solved the case.

Now it should be a matter of hours before they find the bodies.

So sad for the couple and of course their daughter.

When we as foreigners come here we  do not just get involved with our Thai wife but we also get involved with all members of the family and sometimes the whole village too.

This is very disturbing and very sad.

All we seem to get lately is bad news and sickening news.

9 hours ago, happy chappie said:

So he's been shot and the wife was hammered to death.i said earlier that it would be a gruesome killing.savages is the only word I can say.killed for 50,000b for christs sake.they kept themselves to themselves and it was a family feud which probably means the brother was demanding money as they seem to be very rich in Thailand.i live in the jungle and have many properties and sit here wondering if this thing could happen to me.i very much doubt it but I bet these two victims thought that too.

do not denude yourself, you like me own nothing in this country, we are just living well , and happilly !

Archived