Blacklisted Serbian changed passport and came back to break into Rayong ATM

webfact

Blacklisted Serbian changed passport and came back to break into Rayong ATM

3PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police in Surat Thani have arrested three Serbians on suspicion of using cutting equipment to steal from a Krung Thai ATM machine in Rayong. 

One of the three is believed to have changed his name after being blacklisted from Thailand in 2016.

Police in Rayong alerted their counterparts in the south that they had received a GPS signal from a Fortuner that was involved in the ATM robbery in their area. 

Kanchanadit area cops went to a resort behind a PTT gas station and at Room 4 found the Fortuner. 

In the back was cutting equipment, gas tanks, oxygen tanks and various tools.

Arrested were Laf Nikolic, 51, his wife Milika Lutic, 42, and Ninas Skokics, 65 (all names transliterated from Thai language).

Police said that all three entered Thailand from Poi Pet, Cambodia in early September, reported Daily News.

They said that Laf is in fact a man previously known by the name of Milan who was blacklisted in 2016.

He had since changed his passport and come back to Thailand, a fact that was not spotted at the Thai border. 

The three are now being questioned by police over the ATM crime. 

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-25

4 hours ago, webfact said:

they had received a GPS signal from a Fortuner that was involved in the ATM robbery in their area. 

Is this some sort of low-jacking system.  I didn't think that standard GPS systems gave out a homing signal.

2 hours ago, jspill said:

Nice to get confirmation that changing one's passport / name works to avoid the blacklist. 

Basically it doesn't work. So Albert or Victor or John always checking in.

Most criminals change their names, or get fake passports, or steal passports from others and come. 

If Thailand is banning overstay or Nigerians and their cousin countries, why are they still coming back with different passport and changed names?

Probably finger print can work, or a tattoo on their foreheads can work.

4 hours ago, car720 said:

Is this some sort of low-jacking system.  I didn't think that standard GPS systems gave out a homing signal.

They don't, but expensive rented cars might have a GPS tracker in case of theft !?

RE - In the back was cutting equipment, gas tanks, oxygen tanks and various tools.

We may assume that this is not std nor optional equipment for the fortuner - neither a part of a common vacation luggage....:coffee1:

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So blacklisting works a treat !!!!

6 hours ago, jspill said:

Nice to get confirmation that changing one's passport / name works to avoid the blacklist. 

It'd be easier in my opinion to keep the same passport and walk/swim across the border from a neighbouring country.

On 9/25/2018 at 5:36 PM, off road pat said:

They don't, but expensive rented cars might have a GPS tracker in case of theft !?

gps systems “ping” the satellites regularly to keep track of their location your phone does this also and authorities can trace you through this signal. You can turn it off on your phone but then google maps or any other navigation you use is useless.

4 hours ago, 5633572526 said:

gps systems “ping” the satellites regularly to keep track of their location your phone does this also and authorities can trace you through this signal. You can turn it off on your phone but then google maps or any other navigation you use is useless.

Exactly, it's always turned off on my phone, and I switch it on only when needed !!!

On the other hand, the authorities can track you just if you're phone is on !!!!, and sometimes just when the battery is in and the phone is switched off !!!

2 hours ago, off road pat said:

Exactly, it's always turned off on my phone, and I switch it on only when needed !!!

On the other hand, the authorities can track you just if you're phone is on !!!!, and sometimes just when the battery is in and the phone is switched off !!!

It is only tracking the phone not the owner.

On 9/25/2018 at 2:57 PM, bristolgeoff said:

I thought they have face recognition at the border.it seems only at swampy then..one thing is they are hot on atm fraud here.

This is not Fraud, it is Robbery. And they all should do time, and at the Minimum of Government expense.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:41 PM, ttrd said:

RE - In the back was cutting equipment, gas tanks, oxygen tanks and various tools.

We may assume that this is not std nor optional equipment for the fortuner - neither a part of a common vacation luggage....:coffee1:

If they're really unlucky, they may be questioned whether they were planning to use such work equipment to work without a work permit, and that in a job reserved for Thais.

Archived