Bodies of missing British expat and Thai wife found buried in garden, three men arrested

Jonathan Fairfield

Bodies of missing British expat and Thai wife found buried in garden, three men arrested

Mirror.jpg.9bc5c685498bd2553149e945daf39

The bodies of a missing British man and his Thai wife have been found buried in the garden of their home in northern Thailand.

Alan Hogg, 64, from Scotland, and his Thai wife Nott Suddaen, 61, were reported missing from their home in the Phrae province on Thursday.

Bloodstains were earlier found in that the property that someone had tried to clear up.

On Tuesday morning, police confirmed they had found the bodies of the missing couple.

Officers focussed on an area of the garden which they first searched on Saturday.

Using excavation equipment, they were able to dig deeper than had been previously possible and discovered the bodies.

pptv.jpg

Image: PPTV

The discovery came after police arrested three men who confessed to the murder and told officers where the bodies were buried.

Police say Nott’s brother, Warut Satchakit, was involved in a fued with the couple and paid the three men 50,000 baht have them killed.

Warut was initially arrested over the theft of Nott’s white Ford Ranger but was later released on bail. He has since disappeared.

Mr Hogg, an engineer who had spent some time working in Australia, moved to Phrae several years ago with his wife.

The couple had built a large home which included a swimming pool and cattle ranch.

This is a developing news story. More information as we get it.

Source: Bright TV / PPTV 

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-25

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a sad thing to happen to a loving couple.

Money creates so many problems here, how cheap is life here? 50.000 baht to commit murder.

Hope the bar stewards rot in jail, police need to get their ar++s in gear and find the b.i.l.

R.I.P. Alan and Nott.

6 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Police say Nott’s brother, Warut Satchakit, was involved in a fued with the couple and paid the three men 50,000 baht have them killed.

Warut was initially arrested over the theft of Nott’s white Ford Ranger but was later released on bail. He has since disappeared.

As long as these standards procedures are going on, no wonder innocent people gotta die.....

Just horrendous all round. It is good that the killers for hire are in and won't get bail. But once that dirtbag of a brother in law is hauled in I hope bail won't ever be an option.

It would be interesting to discover what kind of motive was behind this. Surely more than just money when one's own kin are getting killed

7 minutes ago, The manic said:

He was bailed for car theft. Normal im most countries in the world.

Bailed for the car theft, of his "missing" sister and brother in law, that he was known to have squabbles with, and a personal history of violence.  Not normal.

35 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

There you have it, this bail crap gives everyone the opportunity to left foot it, had they held him for say a couple of more days, well, say no more, wouldn't say he paid anything substantial to the cops to left foot it, how could I, but someone should look into the reasons bail was granted.

RIP to the couple, didn't even get to enjoy their retirement years after all that work, jealousy is always lurking from family members, just take a good look around, you can hear the silence.

7 minutes ago, The manic said:

He was bailed for car theft. Normal im most countries in the world.

He was the Prime suspect in the disappearance of the couple,

and should at least been held in a cell for 7 days while further

inquiries were been made, as soon as I seen he had been given

bail,I and I suspect many others (except the police) knew he was

going to do a runner.

regards Worgeordie

20 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Money creates so many problems here, how cheap is life here? 50.000 baht to commit murder.

Hope the bar stewards rot in jail, police need to get their ar++s in gear and find the b.i.l.

R.I.P. Alan and Nott.

Amen.  This is not the end they dreamed of.  Go with God.

26 minutes ago, colinneil said:

R.I.P. Alan and Nott.

Double murder no less.

8 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

He was the Prime suspect in the disappearance of the couple,

and should at least been held in a cell for 7 days while further

inquiries were been made, as soon as I seen he had been given

bail,I and I suspect many others (except the police) knew he was

going to do a runner.

regards Worgeordie

Agreed.

To add fuel to the fire.

The family was 5 siblings.

The youngest sibling disappeared about 10 years ago. The body was never found.

The brother was the chief suspect but not enough evidence to charge him.

18 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

There you have it, this bail crap gives everyone the opportunity to left foot it

So next time you're arrested for something you have nothing to do with, we'll keep you on remand in prison for a year before your trial, shall we?

Police find bodies of Briton, Thai wife buried on their Phrae land

By The Nation

The bodies of a Briton and his Thai wife were found buried about 2 metres deep on their property in Phrae Muang district on Tuesday after they went missing on September 19.

The bodies of Alan Hogg, 64, and Nott Sudaen, 61, were found buried beside a creek on their land in Moo 6 in Tambon Chor Hae.

The authorities had earlier dug to a lesser depth on the same spot two days after the couple's friend told police she could not contact them.

Police and rescue workers dug the same spot again and found their bodies lying in water seeping from the creek.

The second dig took place after police traced the couple’s pickup truck and found a Lao livestock vendor who lives in Thailand had bought it. The Lao man said he bought the pickup from three men on September 21.

Police traced and arrested the three buyers, who police say confessed to murdering the couple on the orders of Nott’s brother, Warut Wattanasajjakit, who lived next door to the couple.

The three alleged killers said they shot dead the Briton in front of his duck pen and killed the wife with a hammer in front of the garage. They used a mini bulldozer belonging to the couple to bury them by the creek.

The bodies were sent for post-mortem at Phrae Hospital.

Police arrested Warut and charged him with masterminding the double murders.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30355179

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-25

3 minutes ago, ndfdjnd said:

So next time you're arrested for something you have nothing to do with, we'll keep you on remand in prison for a year before your trial, shall we?

A couple go missing.

A close relative steals their car.

2 + 2 = 4

Archived