Road Accident On Thepprasit Road....motorcyclist Seriously Injured

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: February 10th 2007

Road Accident on Thepprasit

On the 10th of February at 12.15am Dongtan Police were called to the scene of a road accident in front of the Karn Keha Condo on Thepprasit Road.

Police and Rescue Squad rushed to the scene and discovered a smashed motorbike on the road which had ran head on into a black Toyota Yaris. Around 5 meters away from both vehicles, Police found an injured Thai man who was given first aid at the scene by the ever-present Volunteer Rescue Squad and then taken to Pattaya Memorial Hospital in a serious condition.

The driver of the car, Miss Sattabongkot Krueayot, aged 34, was taken to the Police Station where she explained to the Police that she was exiting the condo car park and did not see the motorbike coming towards her and only realized this was the case when she heard the sound of impact. She then stopped and assisted the injured man and Police were called.

The security guard of the condo assisted the police and explained that the woman did not see the motorbike and the rider did not reduce his speed and so a collision was inevitable. She has been charged with reckless driving and is waiting court dates.

SOURCE: Pattaya People: February 10th 2007

Road Accident on Thepprasit

On the 10th of February at 12.15am Dongtan Police were called to the scene of a road accident in front of the Karn Keha Condo on Thepprasit Road.

Police and Rescue Squad rushed to the scene and discovered a smashed motorbike on the road which had ran head on into a black Toyota Yaris. Around 5 meters away from both vehicles, Police found an injured Thai man who was given first aid at the scene by the ever-present Volunteer Rescue Squad and then taken to Pattaya Memorial Hospital in a serious condition.

The driver of the car, Miss Sattabongkot Krueayot, aged 34, was taken to the Police Station where she explained to the Police that she was exiting the condo car park and did not see the motorbike coming towards her and only realized this was the case when she heard the sound of impact. She then turned off her cell phone call, stopped and assisted the injured man and Police were called.

The security guard of the condo assisted the police and explained that the woman did not see the motorbike and the rider did not reduce his speed and so a collision was inevitable. She has been charged with reckless driving and is waiting court dates.

Text in bold added by me, purely imaginary.

IMHO most motorcycle vs. auto accidents are a result of the auto driver not seeing the motorcycle, as in this case. However, since the automobile driver pulled out into a through road into the path of the motorcycle, she was clearly in error. Thus in recent years and in many countries, the requirement that the motorcycle have its headlight on.

Motorcycles are dangerous, more because of visibility issues than reckless mortorcycle drivers, although we have all seen many of them.

The motorcycles rapid acceleration capacity also causes the closing distance to narrow much more rapidly than most auto drivers are accustomed to, even when the motorcycle is seen.

Doing or wearing anything to increase your visibility while motorcycle riding just makes sense.

IMHO most motorcycle vs. auto accidents are a result of the auto driver not seeing the motorcycle, as in this case. However, since the automobile driver pulled out into a through road into the path of the motorcycle, she was clearly in error. Thus in recent years and in many countries, the requirement that the motorcycle have its headlight on.

Motorcycles are dangerous, more because of visibility issues than reckless mortorcycle drivers, although we have all seen many of them.

The motorcycles rapid acceleration capacity also causes the closing distance to narrow much more rapidly than most auto drivers are accustomed to, even when the motorcycle is seen.

Doing or wearing anything to increase your visibility while motorcycle riding just makes sense.

At 1215 AM I would hope that he had his headlight on. :o

It is law in Thailand for motorcycles to have their lights on at all times. When this law was introduced about 4 years ago , compliance lasted about 2 weeks.

In my motorcyle days i allways left the lights on as a matter of habit and was allways amused when stopped at traffic lights at the number of thais that would point at the lights and shout fie fie.

It is law in Thailand for motorcycles to have their lights on at all times. When this law was introduced about 4 years ago , compliance lasted about 2 weeks.

In my motorcyle days i allways left the lights on as a matter of habit and was allways amused when stopped at traffic lights at the number of thais that would point at the lights and shout fie fie.

Nice one, Cobber. I've had precisely the same experience. I reverse the process and shout, "Fai, fai." at people who are driving at night without lights. Strangely though, I've never had a success in which the 'offender' has then subsequently turned on his lights. I assume they're buggered.

Back to this accident, how did this manage to be a head-on crash. One of the vehicles had to be on the wrong side of the road.

Nice one, Cobber. I've had precisely the same experience. I reverse the process and shout, "Fai, fai." at people who are driving at night without lights. Strangely though, I've never had a success in which the 'offender' has then subsequently turned on his lights. I assume they're buggered.

Back to this accident, how did this manage to be a head-on crash. One of the vehicles had to be on the wrong side of the road.

Ran head on into the side of the car....as against sliding into it side on....

:D:o:D

BTW....the accident was at night....If his lights were off...then he would have been charged as well.

Edited by gburns57au

Just maybe ---he too was on his phone eh. The number of times I have seen idiots riding motorcycles using one hand and chatting away on the phone whilst even turning corners in Thailand is unbelievable.

Seconded. It drives me nuts. Ploughing through the menus whilst going at 60 kph.Absolute insanity.

Index (Thai manufacturer of supposed quality motorcycle helmets) has just brought out a helmet specifically designed to facilitate the use of mobile phones whilst wearing it. They could claim that the rider should park the motorbike before using their phone but we know what they have in mind.