Man ‘confesses’ to killing sister and her millionaire Brit husband

Jonathan Fairfield

7 hours ago, bander said:

Worst case Scenario: The wife's family will inherit the land, property, cattle's, duck's and everything on the farm, and use the money to get the killer Warut Wattanasajjakit and his hit-men out of jail.

I sincerely hope they do not inherit the Ducks!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I surmise that Thai TV soaps have a part to play in the cancerous murder trend within Thailand. I can't always tell what's going on as I catch part of a popular series being watched by my family but many of them seem to be so hate-filled and so violently fatal.

21 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

I surmise that Thai TV soaps have a part to play in the cancerous murder trend within Thailand. I can't always tell what's going on as I catch part of a popular series being watched by my family but many of them seem to be so hate-filled and so violently fatal.

I keep telling mine.

It's not real..

All these hiso's and guns everywhere. 

It's like Rambo meets Thailand. 

2 hours ago, africasiaeuro said:

Seen many such cases before, last one a terminally ill Dane controlled by a demimondane in Chiangrai.

It won't change in a hundred years, Farungs are the ultimate fools. Hard truth hard to swallow.

What's a farung?? 

7 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

What's a farung?? 

Beats me how many forms the originally French word for French ("français") has got after being mispronounced in Thai.. falang, farang, felang, ferang, ferung, farung, to name a few. It sure lives a life of its own.

14 minutes ago, smtsetup said:

Beats me how many forms the originally French word for French ("français") has got after being mispronounced in Thai.. falang, farang, felang, ferang, ferung, farung, to name a few. It sure lives a life of its own.

I'm always weary of men who talk about hard swallowing anyway.... ???? 

13 hours ago, lanista said:

Speaking generally about foreigners living in houses in Thailand.

You have to do your homework on where youre going to live, the province and the district.

Every  province has its robber gangs who roam around looking for new targets.

A white man moving into an area that is isolated is a prime target.

You need to have Thai friends who can help you make the right decision.

Thai wives may or may not be good intentioned but they  more often than not will want to live near friends and relatives.  Show off the rich old farang in many cases which creates jealousy.

Its not true that these murders are new to Thailand.  It is true that Thailand is now firmly on the media grid as well as social media.

I remember years ago hearing stories of old western men being imprisoned and starved in isaan villages as the relatives milked his atm or bank account proper.

One farang used to go for a long walk every morning . A relative of his wife came up behind him and smashed him over the head with a piece of wood. Killed him because he was jealous the farang had  a nice house and overseas trips with the missus.

Its been going on for years.

What has changed is that there are a lot more farangs living in Thailand, specially in rural areas, than there were 20 or 30 years ago.  So there are now more of them to get murdered.  But murders of farangs did occur and in the early 80s when I first set foot in the Kingdom there were quite a few reports of farang tourists being murdered in resort areas that were not well policed.  I remember a report of a farang couple being murdered in a beach bungalow in Phuket by CPM (Communist Party of Malaya) insurgents or bandits who were active in the South of Thailand then and had wandered over to Phuket to commit robbery and mayhem.  They hosed down the couple with their automatic weapons and escaped with their valuables.  In Phuket then there were no large hotels on the coast, only in Phuket town.   There were only bungalow resorts that were quite isolated and staying in them or riding a motor bike near them could be quite dangerous at times.  Samui was similar.   

7 hours ago, jerome1976 said:

kill someone because of... what ever it is, loose face or an other thing...

it is just not a Buddhist way of thinking, so it can absolutely not been accepted as a cultural reality, but a mind disorder. if someone here make you loose face because of strong speaking, just run far from her/him... that is the real culture there, fighter for stupid words are just criminals and stupid there.

So this Thai murder doesn't understand his own culture, he is liek a bad educated dog (or no education dog).

And why he doesn't understand nothing ? Because he is an idiot. There is some...

Thailand is very nice and good country, people are also most of the time very nice and clean.

But for a foreigner, it is almost difficult (or most of the time impossible) to just tell when something is wrong or bad; like poor lazy/amator constructions (not because of cheap... people there prefer to buy nice big pick up), low electricity level construction who are dangerous, trash plastic or what ever down the floor or what ever is definitely bad. If you just follow and speak what the King said (and who is nice), just because you are farang it can quickly become an injury... that is racism. If you just add that you just love the King and tell exactly same than him... people just stop to speak, that make them have thinking more, because it is true. By the time they can change a little bit the concept of "farang".

Many farang (out of trash tourists areas) help a lot families and economy... for free. Most of farang have a high level knowledge for technology. Most of them are very good and respect everybody.

We should be able to learn, what ever human is... we can learn something only if we have humility.

That contradiction between good Buddhist culture, respect of people and big ego (so big that you can see that there is not humility at all) is dramatic. It should not be a problem to have a low level knowledge...  it is a real problem for anyone is not able to see this reality and grow by look and listen ot foreigns appreciations (who are not personal attacks/offense) and positive practices.

Not accept nothing about foreigner (except money...) is definitely a kind of racism comportment and it is a prove of stupidity.

Well... like in other countries, there is some stupid people also... there is some every where around the world.

Some of them can become criminals and kill there own family (husband of your sister is someone of your own family... never forget that...).

A killer is like a dog, a stupid people is like a defaulted human. We can not do nothing for people who are sick or to bad.

RIP, i hope for your next life to be better for all that you done good for everybody.

Hope that good people will explain other bad ones why racism thinking is so bad and what is Buddhist spirit meaning in real life.

Thanks for clearing everything up......

7 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"Lovely country but needs a population transplant." If you take away the road behaviour, and a general lack of common sense, the majority of Thai people are very helpful, decent and highly non confrontational. Would you like them to be like a lot of the UK people and go about drunk and looking for fights?

So the road behaviour is only something that magically appears when a Thai person enters a road?

Have sometimes been tempted to build a nice house on a big spread upcountry where we own land and the missus would love it. But at the end of the day it is safest to stay in Bangkok where our modest house is dwarfed by the palaces erected by Sino Thai businessmen, politicians and army and police generals in our neighborhood. I am the one feeling envious but I am not going to the owns with a spanner in a bid to redistribute their wealth more equitably.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:27 AM, poohy said:

63 and cant handle being scolded utter madness !

didn't want any money, thats good cause he cant spend over the next 20 years in prison

oh while we are here now about this brother

now how much did the rest of the family know?

Just when you think you are safe in LOS, a stupid face saving crime takes you out.

Utter brain dead crime.'

Probably sold the pick up to pay for his gambling debt, may have been knocked back by sister to pay his debt.

One dear friend of ours brother stole the Deed to his dyeing mothers farm and sold half of it through a crooked lawyer to pay his card gambling debt.

When confronted by his sister he nearly beat her to death.

I think there is a possibility here that this nutter had a few financial problems and his sister was sick of him.

12 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

The question has always been, do TV soaps encourage this behavior, are they responsible in some degree for bad behavior and crimes we witness on the news ....... OR

Are they only a reflection of things that go on in society. Nothing more than a mirror that reflects a number of these bad trends in Thai society.

Will talk more about this later. The downloads from last weeks games are almost finished. First things first. 

9 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

The question has always been, do TV soaps encourage this behavior, are they responsible in some degree for bad behavior and crimes we witness on the news ....... OR

Are they only a reflection of things that go on in society. Nothing more than a mirror that reflects a number of these bad trends in Thai society.

Will talk more about this later. The downloads from last weeks games are almost finished. First things first. 

And the answer is .... both a reflection and an encouragement IMO. Murders don't happen in every home every night of the week. Concentrated reflection on the worst aspects of Thai society like this encourages people to think it's normal and warped minds maybe think it's acceptable

23 hours ago, lanista said:

Speaking generally about foreigners living in houses in Thailand.

You have to do your homework on where youre going to live, the province and the district.

Every  province has its robber gangs who roam around looking for new targets.

A white man moving into an area that is isolated is a prime target.

You need to have Thai friends who can help you make the right decision.

Thai wives may or may not be good intentioned but they  more often than not will want to live near friends and relatives.  Show off the rich old farang in many cases which creates jealousy.

Its not true that these murders are new to Thailand.  It is true that Thailand is now firmly on the media grid as well as social media.

I remember years ago hearing stories of old western men being imprisoned and starved in isaan villages as the relatives milked his atm or bank account proper.

One farang used to go for a long walk every morning . A relative of his wife came up behind him and smashed him over the head with a piece of wood. Killed him because he was jealous the farang had  a nice house and overseas trips with the missus.

Its been going on for years.

Every  province has its robber gangs

Source? ... or it's bull!

If true then they seem to be remarkably unsuccessful!

23 hours ago, overherebc said:

Don't quite see the idea of 'adapting to the mentality' here.

You really need to explain that more. Can you give examples of the 'good parts' of  the mentality.

What is "good" in western eyes, doesn't need to be "good" in Thai eyes. We came to live here, whatever you might think is better or good, forget about it. Or are we invading another country and forcing the locals to live like we think it's fit? There are a lot of things I realize can be improved (waste management e.g.) but some things are deeply rooted in Thai society and mentality, such as loosing face. Since we westerners cannot loose face, because we have none to begin with, it is as difficult for us to understand that principle as it is to know when to use the different intonations in Thai language (which is why some Farang want Thai to speak more English, because they are so generous to leave money in the country)...

In my opinion the more westerners are coming to Thailand, the more they think they have a say in the country, while at the same moment that some of them condemn the refugees in their own country to get more rights.

Theyre saying on Thai Tv the farang and his wife were constantly arguing with the family monkeys..

Obviously he was sick of giving them money and told them to  F3#k off!

Now hes dead.

I wonder who ends up getting the 100 rai of land that the Thais didnt tip in-- not  even one baht.

Farangs are fools for buying large blocks of land. You cant legally own it.

The title deed must be in a thai citizens name or company.

Why do farangs always want to buy land and houses for Thais ?

You would never see Indians doing it.  They donate millions via tv broadcast  to HRH and gain recognition and influence.

Farangs spend all their money on poor village Noi and Lek.

None of your business lanista how another wishes to spend his money!

I suspect he was fully aware of the pros and cons of what he was doing (people who make a million generally are far from naive in the way that people like to portray their fellow falang on here). You might well think differently if you were in his shoes.

RIP to both of them.

1 hour ago, lanista said:

Theyre saying on Thai Tv the farang and his wife were constantly arguing with the family monkeys..

Obviously he was sick of giving them money and told them to  F3#k off!

Now hes dead.

I wonder who ends up getting the 100 rai of land that the Thais didnt tip in-- not  even one baht.

Farangs are fools for buying large blocks of land. You cant legally own it.

The title deed must be in a thai citizens name or company.

Why do farangs always want to buy land and houses for Thais ?

You would never see Indians doing it.  They donate millions via tv broadcast  to HRH and gain recognition and influence.

Farangs spend all their money on poor village Noi and Lek.

Maybe they are more generous than you, don’t miss the money, or get personal satisfaction of giving to those less fortunate. Could be one of many reasons personal to them. 

A fool is a person who judges others they know nothing about. 

Archived