New website is hard to read

gk10002000

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have used similar websites using the same software. User gets the option to choose format style.

When I first saw this format, I though that I'd clicked some button to change the format. Searched the site for a button. Not found. Would be simplicity itself for the admin to provide such a button.

One step forward - five steps back.  Not only hard to read font - top banner advertisement covers notifications/mail if screen is enlarged enough to actually read anything.  The direct links to forum areas is almost invisible on some pages and at best tiny font not even bold.  

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Indeed, and the software can also log how many members are using each Theme.

Sorry yes "theme" was the word that I was looking for.

So are we likely to get a Theme option in the future?

4 minutes ago, transam said:

I instantly grabbed the lawnmower...????

Does the new theme have grass?

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

So are we likely to get a Theme option in the future?

From the amount of notice which "The Management" have taken of members and mods suggestions in the past, I predict ...

I would like to thank GK10002000 for starting this thread. When I first saw the "dramatic" change, the thought occurred to me to comment to TVF. But chicken sh*t that I would get a holiday for criticizing the site, I held back.

So again, thank you OP. It looks like it will be a high-volume thread with about a 98% disproval rating re the changes.

Hope this is clear. I am having a hard time proof reading my message. Too much squinting required.

1 minute ago, neeray said:

I would like to thank GK10002000 for starting this thread. When I first saw the "dramatic" change, the thought occurred to me to comment to TVF. But chicken sh*t that I would get a holiday for criticizing the site, I held back.

So again, thank you OP. It looks like it will be a high-volume thread with about a 98% disproval rating re the changes.

Hope this is clear. I am having a hard time proof reading my message. Too much squinting required.

+1

let's have a poll:smile:

51 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

To be blunt, this "upgrade" sucks. Sucks badly.

Why are you "fixing" something that wasn't broken?

Agree a million %. I thought I'd gone on the wrong forum when I first came on.

The question I have to ask is WHY? The old format worked since I've been on here and that's a very long time. Sooooo, why "fix" something if it's not broken? Is TVF trying to appeal to a different demographic? Is the forum losing posters? If the latter, it's not the format, but I'm not allowed to comment on the, IMO, real reason, and playing around with the format isn't going to fix the problem. I know a lot of familiar posters have gone recently, but that's down to the reason I'm not allowed to discuss. 

Given I too have significantly reduced my time on TVF, it doesn't make much difference to me personally, but I have to wonder why it was decided to change something that worked, for something new and very different.

20 minutes ago, transam said:

I reckon it was a 21 year old bloke listening to Rap through his headphones, smoking something, plus has young 20/20 vision...????

Maybe it was one of those gogo DJs that plays horrible noise hardly anyone likes, because he knows best, and anyway, he likes it, so if the customers don't like it, they can get lost.

On saturday my computer went t++s up, been fixed 3 times, so i decided time to buy new.

Got my new computer opened TV, what has gone wrong, its almost impossible to read, i am thinking this new computer is sh++e, then i see everybody is complaining about the change, ohh not my com, just a whizz kid buggering things up.

The previous colour scheme was easy on the (my) eyes when there was  more colour variety 

Can the monobluechromatic banner be reduced in relative a bit?   - So a to make this all use more useble on a small phone screen? 

Please... 

But at least something went right! - as at least everyone easily found the correct 'support' category, to respond in 

Because I cannot discern on small phone screen... has this Topic been PINNED as yet?  

Just now, mauGR1 said:

..And the green inserts on a purple background remind me of baby's vomit.

I'm afraid i'm having a headache very soon.

The colours are a minor issue to me. The text format is a major issue. Bring back the old text format and I'll forgive the rest.

I am not afraid of change, but totally agree with many previous posts in that the text / font seems smaller and is grey in color, not black.  This makes it harder to read, and I have no problems with my eye sight.

As for the new color scheme, I would have thought the old color scheme had became TV's signature color scheme, like a brand's color. 

If you are going to change the color scheme, why not something relevant to the name, Thaivisa, maybe something like Thailand's national flag's colors?  Maybe the banner could have red, white and blue stripes.

The banner has The Nation on it, but the The Nation is in dark blue on their website, not purple.

I see there is a little image of what I think is a durian on the banner.  Durians are green in color, not purple.

For the above reasons, I have no idea why purple has been chosen. 

Just now, clokwise said:

Considering the largely elderly demographic of TV, a pale purple lightweight font is gonna cause a lot of problems for most of us. Apart from that that, it's also a ridiculous choice for ANY website.

Just now, clokwise said:

Considering the largely elderly demographic of TV, a pale purple lightweight font is gonna cause a lot of problems for most of us. Apart from that that, it's also a ridiculous choice for ANY website.

But ...........................TIT  ????

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

The new format could be excused if the functioning had improved. Sadly, it hangs on a blank screen after I post as much as it did before the change. I spend a lot of time refreshing and not seeing much at all.

I found that the problem improved when I used an alternative browser to Explorer. Still not great though.

Archived