Treasure trove of counterfeit booty unearthed on Samui beach

webfact

Treasure trove of counterfeit booty unearthed on Samui beach

By The Nation

640_j8fbahe9acc55bgg7bh95.jpg

Nation TV

Over 10,000 counterfeit branded goods have been seized in just two hours during a raid by authorities on the tourist island of Koh Samui in Surat Thani.

Samui district chief Kittipop Roddon led a team of Interior Ministry officials on a search of outlets at Chaweng Beach from 4pm to 6pm on Tuesday. Representatives of the brands were on hand to observe the growing haul of copyright-violating items.

The huge pile of fake goods were seized from just 13 shops, said Ronnarong Tipsiri, director of the Investigation and Suppression Division of the Provincial Administration Department.

Among the booty were shoes, handbags watches and sunglasses carrying fake Nike, Adidas, Rolex, Louis Vuitton and Gucci logos.

The owners of the shops were arrested and will be chargeed of copyright violation.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30355233

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-26

4 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Raise your hand if like me you were hoping by counterfeit booty this story was about women from nearby countries posing as Thais while sunbathing and scamming unsuspecting tourists,,okay maybe only me.

Raise your hand if your only unxerstanding of American black culture is Hip Hop ebonics.

its a joke. i dont even leave home anymore to buy fake stuff. I get it delivered from Lazada, shoppee, kaidee, etc... Its great! Some of it i can get from china with no taxes, cheaper delivery than domestic in thai. Its great! The only crime is here is that to buy gen stuff from anywhere else i get robbed by taxes and delivery costs. Im so happy the government only cares about pushing cheap crap fake useless stuff from china that allows me to fill the rest of my days fixing, replacing and recycling all the useless crap i can afford...

15 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

It is a bloody farce. The government, police, army et all have known for years that Thailand is the 'hub' of counterfeit goods. In fact it is probably their main 'hub' and why a lot of tourists come to Thailand..... Not connected vendors obviously!!

Not connected or having to pay a special tax in front of brand name company observers.

A pantomime, when the observers leave the show will go on.

Archived