Where to buy a real helmet?

tomaway

You could also try Lazada? Of course, you will not be able to try on for the size, but some big motorbike's shop do sell on Lazada sometimes with a price reduction for end of series or one size only... It's only a timid suggestion  ...because I have done it myself :smile:

Thx all for your replies.

I bought my last helmet in Southern big bike but last time i visited them, they were not anymore selling Shark helmet...

Lazada is a good website but i just can't buy an helmet for 15/20k without trying it.

Travelling to BKK next week I will shop there, it seems to be the place to go.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

I too have an Arai helmet that I should replace. I have a friend coming out from UK shortly and we are the same size. Would it be cheaper there than here given what I understand of Thai import taxes?

If your friend carries the helmet as hand luggage, removing all the packaging, sales labels removed and if asked why he has it when he arrives in Thailand "My own personal helmet for use while in Thailand" 

This procedure has worked for myself in the past. . . . . 

I always buy in UK and bring helmet over in my case (last three over the years like that in helmet bag then in case) Never had an issue and yes if asked I ride bikes and it is my helmet.

Also in Patong on Sai Nam Yen Rd - Prasut Big Bike have decent proppa helmets and I have seen Shark/ Arai/ HJC etc in there for sure, so worth a look

Archived