BANGKOK 21 February 2019 12:48
webfact

Swedish man and Thai wife go to Chaiyaphum police after half a million missing from bank account

Swedish man and Thai wife go to Chaiyaphum police after half a million missing from bank account

1PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A Swedish man and his Thai wife have got fed up with being fobbed off by their bank after 480,000 baht went missing from their account. 

So yesterday they went to Muang Chaiyaphum police to make a complaint. 

Nonthaphat Sennontat, 47, and her husband, who was not named in the Daily News story, have been working in Sweden for six or seven years. 

While there they noticed that their account had been emptied - all that was left was 680 baht. 

The bank told them over the phone that they would have to come back to Thailand to sort it out. 

Once here they were told to go to the police as well as place authority for handling the case in the hands of their daughter. 

Two visits to the bank - not named as is customary in defamation crazy Thailand - failed to yield the return of the money. 

The wife complained that this trip was costing 120,000 baht. All they want is the return of the money that is rightfully theirs. 

The couple visit relatives each year who live in Ban Khawao district of the north eastern Thai city. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-27
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thian said:

But but but....the Thai government wants me to put 800.000 on a Thai account or i have to leave the country every 3 months with my wife.....

If you have 65,000, in income every month (if you not married then it is 40,000) you do not need to have 800,000 in the bank, if you get less than 65,000 you need to have the rest up to 800,000 or 400,000 in your bank for 3 months before the Visa is made.

Edited by hellstens
  • Like 1

A daughter was mentioned in the article, could they check her finger prints on the bank books etc etc.....

Well, one can hardly believe that this is an "inside job" but i think few weeks ago i read about a similar story.

• Like 1