Swedish man and Thai wife go to Chaiyaphum police after half a million missing from bank account

webfact

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly, and what do her looks have to do with the bank ripping the couple off?
Spot on, Vacuum.
Its probably not the bank ripping them off, some fraud on the account, card could have been skimmed or maybe someone got their login and password somehow. Its unlikely they'll get their money back. Even in the farangland they probably won't refund the money. Depends on what happened

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Absolute garbage.  Unless, of course, you've got something specific to share that backs up your ridiculous assertion?  'Course you haven't.

Of course you're correct, as always, we can always count on your BS meter to fire up, even when you're asleep! (wood duck!)

4 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

Exactly, and what do her looks have to do with the bank ripping the couple off?

Spot on, Vacuum.

The bank ripping them off??

And you know this how???

Odds are, it is more likely they have been starched by a family member than any employee/s of the bank.

5 minutes ago, Straight8 said:

The bank ripping them off??

And you know this how???

Odds are, it is more likely they have been starched by a family member than any employee/s of the bank.

You are right, I don't know it. It's implied in the title of the thread that the couple believes this.

9 hours ago, weaver93 said:

I'm surprised that 680 baht is still there.......

Quite normal to make it look less suspicious by leaving some in the account not unlike the Brazilian street robbers who always let you keep a few bucks for the bus back home...

5 hours ago, hellstens said:

If you have 65,000, in income every month (if you not married then it is 40,000) you do not need to have 800,000 in the bank, if you get less than 65,000 you need to have the rest up to 800,000 or 400,000 in your bank for 3 months before the Visa is made.

I would imagine every expat understands the rules..... but thanks just the same

2 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Quite normal to make it look less suspicious by leaving some in the account not unlike the Brazilian street robbers who always let you keep a few bucks for the bus back home...

An honorable bunch they are indeed.

I thought after taking all your money and any thing of value, they would go for a kidney, surely its got some re-sell value, even on the streets of Brazil.

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Absolute garbage.  Unless, of course, you've got something specific to share that backs up your ridiculous assertion?  'Course you haven't.

How dare he suggest that fraud and corruption takes place in your beloved Thailand?

It’s not the first report I’ve read of people’s Thai bank account being dipped. The Government themselves have made public their desire to clamp down on corruption. An admission from the top that the problem is rife.

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

this case for a start and I know of several others. I no longer leave any money in Thailand. I just withdraw from a foreign ATM card when I am in the LOS.

4 hours ago, hobobo said:

More like inbreeding, I'd say. Looks are not everything, and you can't keep them forever. Remember Dorian Gray?

Some should just look in a mirror before complaining about the look of somebody else...

24 minutes ago, jerome1976 said:

there is only event story "news" there, like various facts... so in fact, there is no real news. No economy news, no politic news, no cultural news.

It is like a kind of bin bag.

Sometime there is something informative for foreigners about visa.

it is so sad.

What? Say that again in English.

27 minutes ago, jerome1976 said:

there is only event story "news" there, like various facts... so in fact, there is no real news. No economy news, no politic news, no cultural news.

It is like a kind of bin bag.

Sometime there is something informative for foreigners about visa.

it is so sad.

1 minute ago, duanebigsby said:

What? Say that again in English.

Is it a copy/paste job from Google Translate??

3 hours ago, DAmpansiri said:

If I were them, open and keep several bank accounts, ฿100k or less each account.

Register to have E-Banking and viewing all accounts online at least once a month to make sure that same amount on your passbooks.

I check every day, with internet banking it's so each and quick, 10 seconds or less, to check balances / transactions. 

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I check every day, with internet banking it's so each and quick, 10 seconds or less, to check balances / transactions. 

crikey... if i had such little trust in my bank i'd change to one i trusted... or if i had such little trust in my wife i'd change to one i trusted! ????

2 hours ago, Straight8 said:

An honorable bunch they are indeed.

I thought after taking all your money and any thing of value, they would go for a kidney, surely its got some re-sell value, even on the streets of Brazil.

The money and other valuables require just a few hands and some pockets - a kidney require a certain amount of continuously blood supply in addition to temperature control and not least an sterile environment which is hardly achievable out on the streets....

29 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So what are you expecting to achieve with frequent account control beside to be announced a bit earlier that the money are all gone...??...:smile:

10 hours ago, Thian said:

But but but....the Thai government wants me to put 800.000 on a Thai account or i have to leave the country every 3 months with my wife.....

Go to Vietnam. There is no such need when you pick proper Visa.

Archived