Swedish man and Thai wife go to Chaiyaphum police after half a million missing from bank account

webfact

15 hours ago, 5633572526 said:

When I converted my visa to retirement I used an agent because 1. I did not want to leave the country and deal with immigration and 2. I didn’t have 800,000 in a Thai bank. The agent asked for my passport and bank book ( the account had just been opened with 300 baht). Magically as I was checking via on line means, 800,000 baht in 2 400,000 baht deposits appeared one day and were withdrawn the next from my bank account. My confidence in the security of Thai banking is forever shaken however I still use the same bank as I am very happy with their service but I never keep more money in Thailand than I need for each month.

Yes, the problems here, money missing out of Bank accounts, … are almost always with the Relations I think, not the bank staff. Like the Relations reckon they have an excuse / the right, to take your money,... and quite honestly I think that the Bank staff do not.

I worked off shore in the Oil business for Years, I did use the HSBC in Singapore, … but well they just started to make continuous mistakes, and cause me a LOT of trouble ! … And then tried to charge me about 1,000 B (In SGD) a month, to keep my account open, … like "Foreign Customer Charge" … allegedly to discourage Money laundering, ... Like any excuse, right ! … like double conversions for transfers, Via SGD's ... increasing the charged to ? well WAY over 4% ... Like I thought that HSBC was a Chinese bank ! … But no such luck ! It is British !!! ....

So I closed all of my accounts and cut up my cards with them also, ... and transferred all my Business to BBL, like Thai Banking had come of age I thought ! ... I told them what I was doing of course, and got a few good hot line Phone numbers out of it, them being pretty impressed they were taking HSBC's and Singapore’s Business ! … And it has been the BEST THING THAT I HAVE EVER DONE In My banking !!! ... No trouble at all with BBL.

And I never had any trouble with the other Thai banks either, well Old Thai farmers said I was a foreigner, so would get less Interest, but No Problamo Monnn ... On my bike, around the corner and to BBL, and run in to someone there that I knew, … and I was a local resident, with the same interest as Thais. ... It is just how you play it, … and well yes, I have NEVER HAD any problems with, or Money lost from ANY of my Thai bank accounts.

Not to mention the stability of having you money in an Emerging market with a lot of Potential, and not losing a large percentage of it d/t Brexit or when the US Dollar will probably eventually go down.

… And I also still use OUB in Singapore, a Singaporean bank, and well, a bit of Chinese Sing style Drama, like thay think that they can speak English, but well, they cannot pronounce Numbers correctly !!! I can tell you that !  … (And Thais that speak English CAN .., Just In My experience) ,,, but a good bank, who will get it done in the end, and who charge a Lot LOT less than the other Overseas Foreigners Banks !!!

… Like my Stock broker there in Singapore, had to help me get the account, … I do not know about in Thailand, but with the latest Tax / and anti-Money laundering rules, just totally clogging up the system, even if you are totally honest, my Broker said I would never get my accounts back in Singapore, if I ever let them go ! … So I did not. …

So my advice to you gentlemen, is to smarten up, … and if you can get a Thai bank better BBL or one of the big ones, account, … and credit cards !!! … Well DO IT, … before the Globalization and taxation / anti Money laundering (Asxxxxxx) close the possibility of it down, … ....  if you ask me !!!

Mark mark

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE:

Developments in case of Swedish man and Thai wife who had their bank account cleaned out

3pm.jpg

Sanook reported that there were developments in the case of a Swedish man and his Thai wife from Chaiyaphum who had their Thai bank account cleaned out while they were in Sweden. 

Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1060456-developments-in-case-of-swedish-man-and-thai-wife-who-had-their-bank-account-cleaned-out/

On 9/27/2018 at 2:34 PM, off road pat said:

Pfft,..I thought this post was about missing money in a Bank account and all of a sudden it's about the looks of the lady,...you guys are sick frustrated people... 

don't fall asleep....... each post takes on more twists and turns than a hitchcock thriller.   and remember to duck when the barbs come your way

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 8:15 AM, ezzra said:

Words to the wise, look at the relatives whom they trusted with keeping an eye on properties bill payments and 'safe keeping of documents' Nuff' said..

You where totally right ????  

Daughter (probably the wife was in it) was behind the theft.

Archived