Large crowds gather to film as "foreigner" threatens to jump in downtown Bangkok

webfact

Large crowds gather to film as "foreigner" threatens to jump in downtown Bangkok

3PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thai media reported that a mystery foreign man was threatening to jump from the tenth floor of a building under construction behind Big C in Ratchadamri Road yesterday. 

Sanook reported that large crowds had gathered and a video showed people filming. 

The media said traffic was being affected during the drama that began around 3pm and was continuing at 4.30pm. 

3PM1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

An airbag had been laid down on the ground by firemen in case he jumped as the authorities tried to talk him round. 

Both Sanook and Daily News left readers hanging without saying what eventually happened. 

Both news sources said they suspected that the man was a foreigner. 

More about this as we hear of it. 

Sources: SanookDaily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-27

Reminds me of an old joke

Guy goes in to a Bangkok bar at 10 pm

Sits with a bar girl watching the 10 o'clock news showing a guy on the 40th floor ledge of the Baiyoke tower threatening to jump.

Guy says  "he's going to Jump"

Bar girl says "Naa he wont jump".

Guy says "bet you 1000 baht he jumps".

Bar girl says "OK it’s a bet"

2 minutes later the guy does a swan dive from the 40th floor.

Bar girl hands over 1000 baht

Guy says " Nah I cant take your money I already saw that on the 6 o'clock news.

Bar girl says  " Well so did I but I never thought he would do it again "

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Hahahaha yeah an airbag should do the trick from 10 storeys .. Why not try a bouncy castle instead , send him back into orbit .. 

You actually reach maximum velocity after 10 meters. 

5, 10 or 20 storage will make no difference. 

By airbag they mean a rescue airbag they are huge and made so air will pressed out on impact, so it's two meters of airbag slowing down on impact. 

50 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

By airbag they mean a rescue airbag they are huge and made so air will pressed out on impact, so it's two meters of airbag slowing down on impact. 

I thought it was ten seconds not ten meters?

1 hour ago, Esso49 said:

Well , after almost 24 hours can some one please tell me the all important question    - did he jump or not ? If not then mods please close this thread and we will wait to next time perhaps

maybe yes - maybe not

3 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Yes, but what if you miss...?

4 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Well , after almost 24 hours can some one please tell me the all important question    - did he jump or not ? If not then mods please close this thread and we will wait to next time perhaps

In the end they found out it was a Thai woman not a westerner and she didn't jump. If it's the same case my missus was talking about yesterday that is

8 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Back to Physics 101 for you poorsucker.

19 hours ago, soistalker said:

Thais lack empathy as a people. If they could speak English, I'm sure they would be encouraging him to jump. Filming his pain. Sick.

This is an occurrence that has happened in many western nations, crowds baying and people filming. To suggest this is a Thai behavior or that Thai people in general do care about others is pure B.S. and racist as hell. 

Archived