Mental Health/drugs Problem With Thai Wife

simon43

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon,

Have just read the thread....yikes! would be a bit of an understatement...........

FWIW I think you have done the best you could in circumstances where there simply is not and will not be any "happy" ending. Some things are just not fixable.........no matter how much we want them to be........

My guess is that Yabaa or xtcy triggered something in her brain. My Missus (who knows "a bit" about drug (mis)use - and not from a text book!) has told me about a number of people she knew / knows who after only very limited Yabaa use had a switch flipped in their brains. (Of course she also told me about a few who after serious and long term use simply do not exist in their own heads anymore.......but doesn't sound like your wife fitted that category).

As Gerd said, there was an amazing recovery! This did not happen overnight, but over the course of several weeks, and whilst she was on certain prescribed medications. She is like a changed woman :o I suspect also that the fact that I left her helped to concentrate her mind on how her actions were self-destructing.

The short of it all is that we are living together (and happy!) again in Phuket. Since some 4 weeks ago, she has not shown any signs whatsoever of her previous illness. (I am realistic enough to accept that we may still have problems in the future...)

Simon

Wow, to put it mildly :o

Glad things are working out for you at last. would not wish what you were trying to deal with on anyone.............

You may want to keep a note of the medication that seems to have made her "normal" again......their may be a sideline business supplying certain TV members :D:D

As Gerd said, there was an amazing recovery! This did not happen overnight, but over the course of several weeks, and whilst she was on certain prescribed medications. She is like a changed woman :D I suspect also that the fact that I left her helped to concentrate her mind on how her actions were self-destructing.

The short of it all is that we are living together (and happy!) again in Phuket. Since some 4 weeks ago, she has not shown any signs whatsoever of her previous illness. (I am realistic enough to accept that we may still have problems in the future...)

Simon

:o Wow! That's amazing and good news, Simon!

Wish you & wife well.

LaoPo

LaoPo - I am VERY happy with her recovery. The last thing that I wanted to do (with our baby son, joint business interests etc), was to divorce her etc etc

Although I'm not a Buddhist, I do believe in kharma, and that if you try to be a good person, then good luck will come your way in the future.

Simon

LaoPo - I am VERY happy with her recovery. The last thing that I wanted to do (with our baby son, joint business interests etc), was to divorce her etc etc

Although I'm not a Buddhist, I do believe in kharma, and that if you try to be a good person, then good luck will come your way in the future.

Simon

You're so right here....YOU proved that you are an exceptional good human being; your wife is blessed to have married such a man. Most men would have left the wife in such extreme difficult circumstances.

You did not.

Good luck, be and stay happy and.................KEEP SMILING! :o

LaoPo

Good news Simon - hope it works out for you and your lil one. Any rate - keep her away from those supposed mates and keep her out of the financial side of your life if possible.

A very good point Britmaveric, when I was working in the UK, I lost count of the number of patients comining in for assesment and admission that relapsed often due to outside influences. Certain lifestyles are not condusive to good Mental Health and some people are just more susceptable to relapse and also to the effects of drugs and alcohol. What is important is and what Simon has shown is to be a very balanced and supportive partner.

I wish the both of you the best of luck and hopefully in the future if she does relapse you will spot the signs early and get her treated quickly, that way you may avoid some of the more difficult behaviours that you encountered.

I think that one of the reasons that you had so many problems was the lack of a cohesive and robust plan of care from the initial point of contact. Thankfully, it now appears that you have found the correct diagnosis and treatment.

Simon,

Happy to hear the good news.

Do be prepared tho that there may be relapses, especially if she is not on regular maintainance medication. It is a chronic condition and avoiding relapse requires careful adherence to treatment (and avoidance of illicit drugs, alcohokl and undesirable friends...)

Good luck to you both

What I certainly am aware of now is that my wife cannot handle 'stress' at all well, especially when it concerns business and financial matters. (That is why she caused me so many financial problems when she was ill). So it"s important that I ensure such stress is kept to a minimum. In our current circumstances, (no bank loans, all previous lenders repaid and a profitable and growing hotel business), I'm hopeful of a better future together.

Cheers

Simon

seriously.....pay attention at yourself now!!

there might be a reason for this "miracle", watch your assets, watch your back from her, watch your back from her family and watch your back from her friends ladyboys (but you already know that the rule with LB is never to turn your back to them.......sorry after 2 hours readin 17 pages, a bit of humour on LB).

• 2 years later...
As Gerd said, there was an amazing recovery! This did not happen overnight, but over the course of several weeks, and whilst she was on certain prescribed medications. She is like a changed woman :) I suspect also that the fact that I left her helped to concentrate her mind on how her actions were self-destructing.

Simon

Sorry if I'm dragging up an old thread, or a painful memory...

But!

There would be many people greatly helped if they knew that there was a long term recovery that was aided, or triggered, by a certain medication. So in following up;

What was the medication?

Are you fine and if so, how have you done it?

Is your wife doing well, and if so, how has she done it?

I learned a lot reading this thread. And love to see that many very good people do exist here.

Sorry if I'm dragging up an old thread, or a painful memory...

But!

There would be many people greatly helped if they knew that there was a long term recovery that was aided, or triggered, by a certain medication. So in following up;

What was the medication?

Are you fine and if so, how have you done it?

Is your wife doing well, and if so, how has she done it?

I learned a lot reading this thread. And love to see that many very good people do exist here.

To my understanding in the end this particular case did not end well due to the patient not complying with long term need for medication.

There are many different medications used to treat mental illness and choice of medication depends upon the particular patient and type of condition as these vary considerably from case to case. Problems such as bi-polar disorder (the particular problem in this thread), depression and schizophrenia can be substantially helped by medication but the big problem is that the patient has to take the medication on a long term basis, often for life, and they often refuse to do so. There is unfortunately no easy solution to that dilemma.