Car and bike parking charges from today in Khao San and Nana

webfact

Car and bike parking charges from today in Khao San and Nana

4PM.jpg

Thai Rath reported that vehicles of all kinds would henceforth be charged for parking on 66 roads in Bangkok.

This includes motorcycles. 

The 66 roads mentioned in the government gazette include tourist areas such as Khao San Road and Nana in upper Sukhmvit.

Bangkok governor Asawain Khwanmuang wants to see more regulations and order when it comes to parking in the capital.

Other roads mentioned included: Mahajak, Charoenkrung, Songwat, Pahurat, Pradiphat, Rong Muang, Nakorn Chaisri, Tha Din Daeng, San Sin and in the Wong Wian area. 

Motorbikes will be charged 5 baht for the first hour and ten baht each for subsequent hours. Part of an hour is considered as a whole hour.

The charges for other vehicles are as follows: 

Cars 10 for the first hour 20 thereafter, 6 wheelers 20/30, 8 wheelers 30/40, 10 wheelers 40,60 and more than 10 wheels 50/80.

No charges will be levied between 4 am and 8am in the Ratchdamri area. 

Thai Rath gave no indication in their report as to how the charges would be collected. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-27

And where pray tell, will said cars and bikes will park and how said fees will be collected and what cat will be appointed to guard the milk of cash changing hands? parking warden or parking meters, and the number of personal that will be required for execute these impractical ideas, me think this new laws will stay in the gazette where it's belong...

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

And where pray tell, will said cars and bikes will park and how said fees will be collected and what cat will be appointed to guard the milk of cash changing hands? parking warden or parking meters, and the number of personal that will be required for execute these impractical ideas, me think this new laws will stay in the gazette where it's belong...

And I'm curious how many enterprising locals will buy a 50 baht safety vest and shake people down for parking on "their" stretch of road.

Motorists beware: BMA starts collecting parking fees on 66 roads

By The Nation

bb7ee23e7ae651b612358266fffeae36.jpeg

File photo: Phra Arthit Road

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) started collecting parking fees on 66 roads throughout the capital on Thursday.

A BMA order, signed by BMA governor Aswin Kwanmuang, was published in the Royal Gazette on Wednesday, announcing the parking fee rates.

4c667b34875f532978fec234785ed5a4.jpeg

File photo: Chakrabongse Rd.

The roads where parking fees will be collected include Phra Arthit Road, Mahajak Road, Charoen Krung Road, Songwad Road, Phahurat Road, Maitreechitr Road, 22 July Roundabout Road, Pradiphat Road, Khao San Road, Rong Muang Road, Nakhon Chaisri Road, Tha Dindaeng Road, Sarasin Road and Soi Nana.

The announcement states that a motorcycle will have to pay Bt5 for the first hour of parking , a sedan car Bt10, a six-wheel vehicle Bt20, a eight-wheel vehicle Bt30, a 10-wheel vehicle Bt40 and a vehicle with more than 10 wheels Bt50.

For additional hours, the rates will increase to Bt10, Bt30, Bt40, Bt60, and Bt80 respectively. Extra parking times will be rounded up to an hour.

But fee collection will be waived on the Ratchadamri Road from 4am to 8am each day, the announcement added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30355303

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-27

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Is there such a thing as a pay parking meter anywhere in Thailand?

I can't recall that I've ever seen one here.

1760836122_2018-09-2716_13_36.jpg.0e142197a14e515d5a2c43755d90850f.jpg

They can't even get their CCTV cameras to work most of the time, especially when anyone actually needs the footage. I'm afraid mechanical parking meters would be a step too far for Thailand 4.0!

Who will monitor the parking?  Will there be one watchdog for each vehicle to determine if the vehicle has been there for 1, 2, 3 or more hours?  Will the vehicle that is double parked have to pay as well as the one adjacent to the curb (kerb)?  Will this apply to the taxis that sit on the roadside for hours (Sukhumvit soi 4)?  So many questions - no answers.  

Archived