Big Joke warns about "paak waan" foreigners as Thai woman conned out of 6 million baht

webfact

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Well I don't know how that worked  .. I've been flattering woman 'ere for yrs but always end up sending them dosh not the other way around .. ????

yes, it appears you don't know. And, you've been flattering those from whom getting six hundred baht would be difficult.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, smotherb said:

yes, it appears you don't know. And, you've been flattering those from whom getting six hundred baht would be difficult.

600 bt .! When was the last time you were in Splattaya .. I'm a bit further up the scale to 1500 ( + tip ) for " love you long time " overnighter .. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The deputy commissioner of the Thai Tourist Police has warned his compatriots about foreigners who flatter females and con them out of money in romance scams. 

Phew, good luck for Thai men who 'flatter females and con them out of money in romance scams'. Thai police won't care about them, and they can just continue with what they are doing... ????

8 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yea, the comment about her being arrested was tongue in cheek. 

I stupidly lent someone money and I didn’t get it back. This is life. You live and learn. 

As long as you learned. However, it seems far too many never learn. I was visiting friend the other night and a good looking 40ish Thai lady stopped by. She was there for a while, used his PC, had a beer and left; pleasant enough. She used to be his girlfriend. He told me stories of their relationship and how he could never trust her with money.  The next day, he called me to say he was missing a little over four thousand baht out of his computer desk.

8 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

600 bt .! When was the last time you were in Splattaya .. I'm a bit further up the scale to 1500 ( + tip ) for " love you long time " overnighter .. 

You seem to have missed the point. remember you said, " Well I don't know how that worked" Note I said, " . . . from whom getting . . ." I was referring to getting six hundred baht from her.

21 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

I think it only works in one direction...…..all farang are rich and can afford to lose......Khon Thai are what matters in this country!......Lesson here, NEVER lend anything to a local no matter how sweet their mouth is!

I'd extend that to foreigners too. Maybe as many tales of woe from lending money to desperate farangs. 

5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Not long after I first arrived I lent a 'paak waan' 5,000 baht. She seemed like the sweetest girl in the world. After she failed to return my messages or phone calls the day the money was due, I knew I wasn't getting the money back. 

I wish Big Joke had been around back then. She'd have been arrested, and I'd have had my money back in days ????

You got off wih the cheaper version of this lesson. Money lent is money spent. 

6 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Tomorrow's news 200,000 farang petition big joke about being scammed in Thailand by some sweet mouth bar girls.i can't imagine how much money and property has been scammed out of farang over the years but without it Thailand would be a very poor country.

whew!...whats your name,Ralf?...your perspective of economic activity in Thailand is the size of a toilet bowl.

No, the backroads of Issan would be a whole lot dustier if it were not for the generous support of the "bar-stool" Bob.

3 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

It is not easy to scam a Thai woman that easily, mostly foreigner who loose money to Thai ladies in general, but there could be another reason behind this case.

Probably it the matter is hidden and given wrong reason to police.

i class farang as european american aussie def not any asian indian or african those people have a totally diff mindset

46 minutes ago, BEngBKK said:

6 Mill.. Small money compared to what Thai woman con. farrang for every year

Maybe it is time for Big Joke to look into Thai woman gold diggers

i thought they were, ie. how come you have big house when you only have little rice field

where money come from ?

Archived