Apple Watch Series 4 from EU

DUS

Hi,

I never had an Apple Watch before but started looking into buying the new Series 4. 

Since it will probably take another 6 months or so before it´s officially sold here in TH, I thought about having a friend of mine buying one for me in either the UK or Germany. My question to the pros here on this forum is: I am looking into buying the cellular version. If I went to AIS with my watch from UK/GER, would there be any issue getting the eSIM activated with them (because the Series 4 isn´t yet even avail in TH)? Anything else I should consider before buying the Series 4 in Europe (other than the warranty issue)?

Thank you!

DUS

17 hours ago, merijn said:

Activation should not be a problems and i did it myself a few time in the past with Iphones bought from the UK.

But i don't think that AIS got Esim's available yet, Only TrueMOve has them at the moment.

AIS already has E-sims available.I have enabled it on my Apple Watch series 3.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

I never wear watches, but this one has me intrigued. What I have heard, is that they may not activate the heart monitoring software in the region, only USA and parts of Europe.

It would be nice, otherwise, to have it.

Regarding the heart monitoring software only working in USA and parts of Europe, then I have read on som tech websites you only have to go into settings and change region to USA on your apple watch and iPhone,

then it should work.I intend to buy the iWatch 4 and will try it out.

Apple have just updated their website with regards to their iWatch4

Apple Watch
Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Loop

40mm
Band fits 130–190mm wrists.
From ฿14,400

44mm
Band fits 145–220mm wrists.
From ฿15,400

GPS
฿15,400.00

GPS + Cellular
฿18,900.00

Supported carriers Truemove H AIS DTAC

฿18,900.00
Includes VAT of approx. ฿1,236.00.*
Monthly credit card installments as low as ฿1,890.00 0% for 10 months, Citibank, SCB & KBank

On 9/29/2018 at 8:35 AM, sjoegge said:

AIS already has E-sims available.I have enabled it on my Apple Watch series 3.

I thought the sim was built in and you activated it through one's iPhone.

Have I misunderstood?

9 minutes ago, jayboy said:

I thought the sim was built in and you activated it through one's iPhone.

Have I misunderstood?

Esim is just a piece of software which has the number and account information stored on the phone/watch.

The information which is normally on the sim card is now stored in the phone/watch itself.

37 minutes ago, merijn said:

Esim is just a piece of software which has the number and account information stored on the phone/watch.

The information which is normally on the sim card is now stored in the phone/watch itself.

Thanks.That makes activation of the watch very simple.

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2018 at 5:10 PM, narkeddiver said:

My Apple Watch arrived from DTAC yesterday 

I was able to activate the e-sim myself - once the watch is paired in the Apple Watch app there is a mobile data option

Can you tell me if the Dtac E-sim then has the same number as your Dtac iPhone sim? May sound a daft question but Im sure when the Series 3's came out there was talk of them having different telephone numbers to your iPhone sim which isnt very good if thats the case.

On 12/6/2018 at 2:32 PM, Yewbzee said:

Can you tell me if the Dtac E-sim then has the same number as your Dtac iPhone sim? May sound a daft question but Im sure when the Series 3's came out there was talk of them having different telephone numbers to your iPhone sim which isnt very good if thats the case.

Technically there is a second number for tracking usage, but as a phone it rings on and from your iPhone line.

Archived