Why was the post count removed?

sukhumvitneon

in the past I have noticed after upgrades the post counts disappeared and then came back after a few weeks.

also the dates of topics on the right hand side column have disappeared. hopefully that will get fixed.

now if they will just go back to the old font.

I certainly hope that it is a temporary glitch and not a permanent change. The post count, together with the rep number are useful and revealing when assessing the quality of the poster.

A poster with 3,000 posts and a 200 rep isn't twice the calibre as the one with 20 posts and a 100 rep, for example. If only the rep number is shown, one would never know.

3 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

I certainly hope that it is a temporary glitch and not a permanent change. The post count, together with the rep number are useful and revealing when assessing the quality of the poster.

A poster with 3,000 posts and a 200 rep isn't twice the calibre as the one with 20 posts and a 100 rep, for example. If only the rep number is shown, one would never know.

What makes up the rep count, does it include confused or sad counts ? You could have a poster who nobody understands gets a high rep count because everyone clicks confused.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

What makes up the rep count, does it include confused or sad counts ? You could have a poster who nobody understands gets a high rep count because everyone clicks confused.

I was tempted to give you a confused count ????

Actually you are right about that.

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

If somebody clicks confused, or sad it is not added to the rep count

Just now, colinneil said:

If somebody clicks confused, or sad it is not added to the rep count

Thats what I was asking. if so, it could skew the rep count. Then again you could get a high rep count by saying trump is a genius/idiot and people that think the same will press like.

19 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

High rep to posts means prolific poster, rather than quality poster on Thaivisa

2 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

High rep to posts means prolific poster, rather than quality poster on Thaivisa

I think you are right, otherwise poster of the year would be a simple exercise, ie: the highest rep for the year. As it stands now, a thank you can mean "thank you for agreeing with my misinformation", like can mean "I like your thai bash post", confused and sad can mean " I disagree but there is no disagree button".

38 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I don't know whether this is new or I have overlooked it so far:

reactions.jpg

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

I don't know whether this is new or I have overlooked it so far:

reactions.jpg

Thats interesting, like you, not sure if new either. Post (content) count appears to still be there

I cant believe I have only ever done one confused, lol

44 minutes ago, Antonymous said:
47 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Thats what I was asking. if so, it could skew the rep count. Then again you could get a high rep count by saying trump is a genius/idiot and people that think the same will press like.

I think that Trump is a genius/idiot

Doesn't work nearly as well as an Obama bash...  Which is not a bad thing, BTW.

Having a good rep count on this forum is hardly laudable. It is full of Thai haters, Thai bashers,  reactionaries, illiberal anti freedom nutters, anti drug propagandists, joyless judgementalists, pro junta apologists and in general the intellectually impaired

2 minutes ago, The manic said:

Having a good rep count on this forum is hardly laudable. It is full of Thai haters, Thai bashers,  reactionaries, illiberal anti freedom nutters, anti drug propagandists, joyless judgementalists, pro junta apologists and in general the intellectually impaired

Having a bad day dear?:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

7 minutes ago, The manic said:

So you mean a good cross section of the general population, where one and all can express their views.

Don't forget that includes yourself !!!

3 hours ago, Antonymous said:

They're BAAAAAACK

yes both counts and dates.

i got the horrible unreadable font replaced by telling firefox to make arial the default font and override TV website selection.

I was have serious eye pain trying to read that poor choice of font.

not sure what to do with all the purple.

On 9/27/2018 at 2:25 PM, NCC1701A said:

now if they will just go back to the old font

Yes bold like this so I can start reading again without staring into my monitor !

On 10/1/2018 at 1:04 PM, balo said:

Yes bold like this so I can start reading again without staring into my monitor !

this may be old news but i use Firefox and you can select the default font. i use Arial. very readable. so now the whole website is fixed and readable again.

Archived