Non-Immigrant ‘O’ Visa (multiple entry) from the UK

I think I missed something somewhere..

I thought the the Royal Thai embassy would only issue single entry Non-Imm ‘O’ retirement visas..... it appears that I was wrong.

Does anyone have recent experience of getting one - and can you apply by post, or does it have to be in person.

You won't get a single or multiple entry non-immigrant 'O' visa based on retirement from the UK unless you are in receipt of state pension. You can easily get a SE/ME non 'O' if married to a Thai.

You will only get a ME non 'O-A' based on being over 50 in the UK.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You won't get a single or multiple entry non-immigrant 'O' visa based on retirement from the UK unless you are in receipt of state pension. You can easily get a SE/ME non 'O' if married to a Thai.

Thanks... I didn’t think my friend had reached state retirement age....I will check.

21 hours ago, elviajero said:

My bad...

My friend was not as young as I thought ........ he did evidence receipt of state pension..

I am early 60’s and my extension renewal date is not where I want it to be. I am quite happy to go back to having a Non-Imm ‘O’ ME Visa and will likely go that route when I am 66 years old.

I may look at the ‘O-A’ in the meantime.