Non O Guardian Visa At Thai Embassy In London

Hi,

I am a 53 year old British citizen who is currently on a Non B (originally issued at the Thai consulate in Penang) and work permit as I work for a company in Bangkok. My employment will end in one month. I then plan to return to the UK for a two week visit before returning to Thailand long term.

I would like to go in person to the Thai embassy/consulate in London to apply for a Non-O Guardian visa based on my looking after my Thai daughter who I've looked after myself for the last 11 years. Never been married, her Thai mother lives overseas and re-married.

I have a court judgment from the Thai family court making me the legal father (not sole guardian).

I also have her Thai birth certificate.

I have searched the website for the Thai Embassy in London and also the Immigration website in Thailand but cannot find a list of the documentation and requirements to obtain this visa in the UK.

Any information as to what documents are required greatly appreciated.

John.

They will issue a single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of Thai (there no guardian visa). They might issue a multiple entry non-o since you have legitimized your parent hood.

It is shown on the London embassy website. Scroll down to non-o visas here. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html

• For accompanying a Thai child : A copy of Thai birth certificate, a copy of the Thai child's passport/Thai ID, a copy of marriage certificate to a Thai spouse or divorce paper/child custody paper (in case of divorce), and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 annually.)

Proof of the legitimization of your parenthood would be used instead of the marriage certificate and divorce documents.

Ignore the bank statement part since they don't ask for it.