Tops Market Coming to Hua Hin

NCC1701A

It can now be confirmed with the arrival of a sign announcing the new Tops Market on Soi 88 next to Power buy.

They have a lot of competition for MY business with two Villa Market locations and a Gourmet Market.

If they are smart they will be open 24 hours like some locations in Bangkok but I don't see this happening.

Too bad as Hua Hin is really in need of at least one 24 hour market that has real food, not just junk like 7/11.

Still under construction but the interior looks to be in the final stages.

And now back to watching the grass grow here in Hua Hin. :cheesy:

Tops Market has a good selection unfortunately in Udon Thani it’s inside the Mall which is a pain in the ass for parking.

Don’t know if there’s another entrance that’s more convenient? 

Instead of lugging grocery. Abs through the Mall

This is big news for HH. Wonder if they will have an opening party? Oohhh.

More traffic on Phetkasem and Soi 88 is not welcome, so a big thumbs down from me. A few more people will have to die at that intersection before the City government recognizes the need for a traffic light, and then takes two years to install it.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I just poked my noise into the East side window and saw a large area devoted to a long sushi bar style area for prepared food.

and many items are on the shelves already. very trendy interior lighting.

the exterior signage is up now and it looks like the entrance will be in the rear (west side).  

also my grass grew three inches this week and I saw a toad hop across the road.:cheesy:

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I just poked my noise into the East side window and saw a large area devoted to a long sushi bar style area for prepared food.

and many items are on the shelves already. very trendy interior lighting.

the exterior signage is up now and it looks like the entrance will be in the rear (west side).  

also my grass grew three inches this week and I saw a toad hop across the road.:cheesy:

Details @ 11...

Absolute scenes in Hua Hin this morning. It's fair to say we haven't seen excitement likes this since the second Villa Market opened.

Decent selection of stuff, it also has a restaurant in there, salad bar, decent selection of meets and other stuff. Prices didn't seem too bad. Service was slow but maybe because it was the first day.

Either I completely missed it but seems like Tops doesn't sell alcohol?? ????????????????

IMG_3223.JPGIMG_3225.JPGIMG_3226.jpgIMG_3227.jpgIMG_3228.jpgIMG_3229.jpgIMG_3230.jpg

I've not been there myself yet, but the initial reviews that are coming out are not that promising.

Limited parking.

Western food - more than Tesco but less than Villa or Bluport.

Biggish store but cramped.

Price of beef through the ceiling!  Comment "Is that per kilo or per cow!"

No great hurry to visit.

Ah! post 17 what is electricity and wiffi ????
I always light up with the tallow torch
  and I send my messages by tam-tam or on a hollow trunk.
Well, I got excited at TOPS. I was like a toddler, I put my hands everywhere. I had stars in my eyes, but no alcohol.
It's not bad, and the prices are the same as those of TESCO, sometimes with 2 baht less or 2 baht more.
On the other hand, for cheese, there is not much. You have to go to VILLA MARKET.
Must go to see,
this can be a good alternative for those who live close by and are on foot.
At Market Village, there is a wine cellar, not far from TESCO.
Good night

2 hours ago, HHTel said:

I've not been there myself yet, but the initial reviews that are coming out are not that promising.

Limited parking.

Western food - more than Tesco but less than Villa or Bluport.

Biggish store but cramped.

Price of beef through the ceiling!  Comment "Is that per kilo or per cow!"

No great hurry to visit.

Please don't rain on the parade..        ????

4 hours ago, Griffo63 said:

Amazing what excites Hua Hin residents. Wait until electricity and WiFi get there too. 555

I'm 40km outside of Hua Hin heading south half way up a mountain and Ive got Fibre broadband.

I popped in on Sunday evening and it was a bit of a zoo. There were a few foreign faces but generally locals seemed to be enthusiastically loading up the truck ( or the cart as the case may be). The isles were a bit narrow for Thai style shopping where one person pushes the cart and 8 members of the extended family surround it but overall a positive addition for the town.

I popped in yesterday and did a little bit of shopping.

There's nothing there that you can't get in Gourmet Market.

It's a very small shop compared to the TOPS I went to in Bangkok when I lived there.

I won't be going back.

• 4 months later...

BTW, this Tops has delivery service. My wife popped in today to verify but she didn't ask what is their delivery service area. We used Tops delivery in BKK and it worked great... the 1st time.  The 2nd time, they didn't have all the requested items and we had paid in advance.  3 weeks later, we're still awaiting our refund of the difference. They say it's coming.

My recommendation if you use the delivery service is that you can pay with cash or credit card upon arrival.  Do not pay online or you'll have trouble getting refund for non-delivered items. 

• 5 weeks later...

lets see, what can i do today? :coffee1:  oh yeah, what about that old Tops Market topic I started awhile back. :cheesy:

one thing that is happening is I am using Tops more now than Gourmet Market or Tesco Lotus Market Village because super easy to park and just walk in. Also the club sandwich is small but passable for 79 baht. Plus AC and you can recharge your phone at the food counter. :clap2:

On 4/1/2019 at 2:56 PM, NCC1701A said:

lets see, what can i do today? :coffee1:  oh yeah, what about that old Tops Market topic I started awhile back. :cheesy:

one thing that is happening is I am using Tops more now than Gourmet Market or Tesco Lotus Market Village because super easy to park and just walk in. Also the club sandwich is small but passable for 79 baht. Plus AC and you can recharge your phone at the food counter. :clap2:

They also sell beer. Truly an expat paradise. What about eye candy ?

23 minutes ago, AJBangkok said:

They also sell beer. Truly an expat paradise. What about eye candy ?

actually lots of young female Chinese tourists with nice sun dresses and floppy hats. a real fashion show. in groups or with husband in tow. 

Archived