Bangkok Hospital Chiangmai Cost

Soph284

It will depend entirely on what you are admitted for and what treatment is required.

Contrary to what many posters believe the room charge is not the main expense in being hospitalized.

The combination of room + fee + nursing charge + hospital add on fee ranges from about 7000 to 15,000 a day depending on the room you select (all of these are private rooms, nothing worth it in the costlier ones). This  refers solely to the room and meals, not the treatment. This is from their website, it is possible they have some less expensive rooms (semiprivate etc) that they do not list on the site, sometimes hospitals do that.

But it is the treatment  (medications, medical supplies/equipment, surgery if applicable, doctor's fees, lab tests, scans if needed etc) that costs the most.

And perhaps a good idea to make a few calls to other hospitals and compare the fees, and as Sheryl rightly mentioned be specific about the treatment wanted.

Example, I needed to have brain MRI. we checked about 5 hospitals in CM, fees ranged from 8.000Baht to 48,000Baht. I don't intend to name the hospitals.

I started using Bangkok hospital based on visits in another city. 

I was in Bangkok Chiang Mai yesterday. Unfortunately all to true. Physical and heart check up. I'll be going back in a week for thorax X rays. As posters above have shown it is what services  are being rendered that determine cost. Bangkok hospital might be high end for Thai patients but NOT high priced by my standards. I think you get the best bang for buck.

7 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

I started using Bangkok hospital based on visits in another city. 

I was in Bangkok Chiang Mai yesterday. Unfortunately all to true. Physical and heart check up. I'll be going back in a week for thorax X rays. As posters above have shown it is what services  are being rendered that determine cost. Bangkok hospital might be high end for Thai patients but NOT high priced by my standards. I think you get the best bang for buck.

Sure, and ultimately it's personal choice.

My family: my Thai son, his wife and 3 kids all have good health insurance however the insurance company (very professional offshore health company) tell all their policy holders they will reimburse bills from all CM hospitals except Bangkok CM. 

We asked why. Answer 'their fees are way above fair and if the company (health company) did cover Bkk Cm then it would mean putting all premiums up'.

As I mentioned above the insurance company make it very clear they do not cover Bkk CM to ensure no misunderstandings or unhappiness with claims.

I went to Bangkok Hospital the first time because that is where my insurance sent me. That same insurance later changed hospitals from Bangkok to another one based on costs. I mentioned that it was in another city right. :thumbsup:

That is an overall assessment that I could understand. What it does not mean is they overcharge you or other. I just kept with the same hospital. So I disagree with what your insurance told you, or implied,

I have never had a problem with overcharging at the BK hospital. However they come in a bit higher than your local place for sure, but cheaper than the high enders. Now as for insurance companies. My former company changed to another cheaper hospital. You actually saw it in the news this week. A video was posted ---------- Now would you really want to go to the hospital that the insurance company recommended?    ????   hehe a little unfair example  BUT this is the absolute truth.  You can'tr make dumb stuff like this up.

Nurse Ratchet kicking ass taking names. And that is where my former insurance company would send me .... Bang that one up

I have coverage with another carrier as now I am retired but pay my costs for incidental treatment - yesterdays EKG, heart and blood pressure, physical, I just pay out of pocket. 

14 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

I went to Bangkok Hospital the first time because that is where my insurance sent me. That same insurance later changed hospitals from Bangkok to another one based on costs. I mentioned that it was in another city right. :thumbsup:

That is an overall assessment that I could understand. What it does not mean is they overcharge you or other. I just kept with the same hospital. So I disagree with what your insurance told you, or implied,

I have never had a problem with overcharging at the BK hospital. However they come in a bit higher than your local place for sure, but cheaper than the high enders. Now as for insurance companies. My former company changed to another cheaper hospital. You actually saw it in the news this week. A video was posted ---------- Now would you really want to go to the hospital that the insurance company recommended?    ????   hehe a little unfair example  BUT this is the absolute truth.  You can'tr make dumb stuff like this up.

Nurse Ratchet kicking ass taking names. And that is where my former insurance company would send me .... Bang that one up

I have coverage with another carrier as now I am retired but pay my costs for incidental treatment - yesterdays EKG, heart and blood pressure, physical, I just pay out of pocket. 

Sure, and ultimately we all have our own specific experiences and own thoughts about how to assess these things. Also true we all have different levels of income/ wealth and own thoughts on how much to self insure, again all personal. 

Archived