Foreign tourist assaulted by security guard after being denied entry at Don Mueang

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, meinphuket said:

I am extremely sorry for the security guard for exposure to this Chinese drama Queen who was denied entry by immigration, and the resulting groveling by the authorities to protect arrivals . Same drama rubbish happened in Sweden at a hotel last week where the guests arrived at 1am or so for a stay booked from 2pm onwards, and expected to nevertheless check in early FOC. Personally, I have had to also deny entry several times to those who booked for a stay from 2pm onwards , but deliberately arrived 14 hours early expecting not having to pay, and threating with the police, which is meaningless to me. These travelelers also tend to show up with more people than booked, who 'sneak in' sometime later.

I watched a Chinese guy try to haggle the bar bill in a bar a few months back, despite the bar having clear prices in the menu. I thought the farang bar owner was going to put his foot up the guy's ass before the fella relented and paid his bill. 

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At some point in the not too distant future the hoards of Chinese tourists that visit these shores will realise that like the rest of us they are not welcome, yes I am well aware that he was denied entry for various reasons, but I stand by my comment about all of us, whether we are tourists or expats, they still don't want us here. :sad:

15 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

His arm comes from being down by his side to being next to the security guards head, it looks as though he actually touches his shoulder, the police in the US have the right to kill you if you touch them like that, that is all I am saying.

US police dont need a reason for human target practice.
Stop, or I will (Bang Bang) shoot...

11 minutes ago, SammyT said:

I watched a Chinese guy try to haggle the bar bill in a bar a few months back, despite the bar having clear prices in the menu. I thought the farang bar owner was going to put his foot up the guy's ass before the fella relented and paid his bill. 

Don't tell me you've never gotten a discount in a bar for drinking a lot?  Where you been?

11 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

At some point in the not too distant future the hoards of Chinese tourists that visit these shores will realise that like the rest of us they are not welcome, yes I am well aware that he was denied entry for various reasons, but I stand by my comment about all of us, whether we are tourists or expats, they still don't want us here. :sad:

Maybe I've got my head up my ass, but I've never felt unwanted here in the 3 years I've been here. Quite the opposite. In fact, I see more xenophobia in most western countries and by western expats over here that I know (moral panic around Islam in Australia and Britain, anyone?) than I've ever received from the Thais. 

4 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:
17 minutes ago, SammyT said:

Don't tell me you've never gotten a discount in a bar for drinking a lot?  Where you been?

I think his table had had three big Changs between four of them...

Just now, DrTuner said:

Really? Never even heard of anyone getting a discount on booze.

In Thailand they tend to advertise different rates for whole bottles or individual glasses of drinks, but wherever I am, if they open a new bottle for me and I finish it, I feel like I deserve a discount, some places oblige, others don't, up to them really.

4 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

In Thailand they tend to advertise different rates for whole bottles or individual glasses of drinks, but wherever I am, if they open a new bottle for me and I finish it, I feel like I deserve a discount, some places oblige, others don't, up to them really.

Lucky you, quite often they try to sell me another bottle before i've finished the first one.

..But i guess you're talking about a bottle of whisky.

1 hour ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

Biting the hand that feed them.  Typical of Thailand.  The world has been very forgiving of Thailand but many nations don't come here anymore.  Can't they see they are running out of new Countries?

People in these positions need to be trained correctly and understand other cultures and the way they react.  Just another day in Thailand with some embarrassing themselves in public, on social media.

That's a maybe, but don't you think that tourist should behave appropriately and in accordance of any official direction, or should they do as they please so you can jump to their defence and run down the country as a whole. 

The tourist was out of order, and possibly the security guard handled it badly, but are you fully aware of the precursor leading to his actions, and further understanding culture has little to do with disregarding the directions of immigration, especially at an international airport. 

32 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Hey, after the Fiesta saga I ask for discount at my Ford dealership. 

It's big baht too 5% to 10%.

On excessively expensive parts here.

12 minutes ago, Artisi said:

The tourist was out of order, and possibly the security guard handled it badly, but are you fully aware of the precursor leading to his actions, and further understanding culture has little to do with disregarding the directions of immigration, especially at an international airport. 

Yes, i bet that the security guard would have been punished even harder for doing nothing to stop the jerk.

Never mind firing the Guard for doing his duty. If Chinese man does not understand enough English/Thai to know the rules for entering Thailand, he should stay home. Promote the guard but send him to boxing school so that his follow-up punch landed properly. Man breaks out of HOLDING room and ignores Thai law, knock him down, kick him hard and put on next plane to China plus bar entry to Thailand for life. Thai officials greedy for Chinese money as recently they are the only tourists who want to come here.

Everyone knows how anoing Chinese people can be, and on the short clip we see the same, and also how calm the guard stay afterwards. 

Tss, when in holland or whatever country the grab him by the hear and and remove the person.  

Good job mister security..

10 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

Promote the guard but send him to boxing school so that his follow-up punch landed properly. Man breaks out of HOLDING room and ignores Thai law, knock him down, kick him hard and put on next plane to China plus bar entry to Thailand for life.

:cheesy:

I gave a Chinese guy a slap once in the line waiting at immigration, he walked past me to get in front. Only a slap on his arm with my passport but loud enough to shock him and move him back. Seems from what I've seen many Chinese think others are below them and rules do not apply. More in the case off road traffic, immigration etc than my case. 

21 minutes ago, Parsve said:

Probably the guard had missed that Chinese people are high-quality tourists.

Probably the guard hates Chinese people and used this as an excuse to take a swing at one. We often see this in the streets (Thai bouncers belting the living daylights out of foreigners), but it shouldn't be part of a security guard's job description. There's a lot of anti-Chinese sentiment in this thread. It seems like more than a few members would also like to take a swing at one too...

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

The dude should have insisted she get a dozen lashes of Singapores infamous Reed cane as well as the maximum jail time

38 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

Never mind firing the Guard for doing his duty. If Chinese man does not understand enough English/Thai to know the rules for entering Thailand, he should stay home. Promote the guard but send him to boxing school so that his follow-up punch landed properly. Man breaks out of HOLDING room and ignores Thai law, knock him down, kick him hard and put on next plane to China plus bar entry to Thailand for life. Thai officials greedy for Chinese money as recently they are the only tourists who want to come here.

Why not just seize his assets, scourge him then crucify him upside down on a burning door?

Jesus, it was just an angry tourist putting on a bit of a show, not Carlos the bloody Jackal. Chill out a bit...

1 minute ago, leafmould said:

I gave a Chinese guy a slap once in the line waiting at immigration, he walked past me to get in front. Only a slap on his arm with my passport but loud enough to shock him and move him back. Seems from what I've seen many Chinese think others are below them and rules do not apply. More in the case off road traffic, immigration etc than my case. 

Yes, true. Many Chinese have no manners and don't know how to behave. For ex. when queueing up. Can be seen in many parts of Asia, not only in Thailand.

Archived