Why are there boxes around emojis?

Nyezhov

On 9/29/2018 at 4:49 PM, Nyezhov said:

Why are there boxes around emojis with the new format? Just curious....

The black frame around the emoji is there because somebody has, in his wisdom, included the two lines of program code which I have highlighted with a green rectangle in the lower part of the image below. 

The emoji itself comes from the website cdn.jsdelivr.net and the URL for this particular emoji is cdn.jsdelivr.net/emojione/assets/3.1/png/64/1f642.png, shown in the upper part of the image below, and is without a frame. It will probably take a web designer – which I am not – to understand and explain how easy or difficult it is to remove the two lines in question from the code.

1992701370_emojicode-annotated.png.53a147935a44b98eb5303b0eee658a8f.png

19 hours ago, Puccini said:

The black frame around the emoji is there because somebody has, in his wisdom, included the two lines of program code which I have highlighted with a green rectangle in the lower part of the image below. 

The emoji itself comes from the website cdn.jsdelivr.net and the URL for this particular emoji is cdn.jsdelivr.net/emojione/assets/3.1/png/64/1f642.png, shown in the upper part of the image below, and is without a frame. It will probably take a web designer – which I am not – to understand and explain how easy or difficult it is to remove the two lines in question from the code.

1992701370_emojicode-annotated.png.53a147935a44b98eb5303b0eee658a8f.png

you explaining this without mentioning CSS is really cute.

P.S.

the fix really takes less than a minute

Archived