150 Baht now for a big Chang

sanemax

2 hours ago, ReneTH said:

Complete nonsense argument, no police payments in that area as well. No huge rents, minimal electric as of no AC, most no tv + no salary for staff in most places. 

In major cities you are not paying 150 for a small bottle either. That is what I pay for a whisky or wodka + mixer and often even less. Clubs are expensive anywhere, can't compare that with bars nor with CM.

It is simply greed and trying to make up revenue after having fck** up themselves, I also see this pricing behaviour at certain bars in ''drink plaza's'' around BKK (soi 22) and Pattaya (anywhere).

The ones that know to manage cashflow and run a bar,
are only growing & without prices having been increased (much).

"minimal electric as of no AC"

what about the fans, fridges, light, music

"no salary for staff in most places"

Everybody works for free because they like you so much?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, lipflipper said:

The bars on Loy Kroh are slowly dying, they cannot be replaced by another if sold. This is perhaps one of the slowest Low Seasons in many a year and that's according to a guy who has had Pub and Restaurant here for 14 years. What do expect when there are no customers? Raising prices is their only alternative even with a good staff you are hanging on by a thread. I go down Loy Kroh road three times a week at night and make it a point to slow down and look inside the bars and believe me it it's an ugly sight. No customers, girls sitting on their <deleted> playing on their mobile phones. I gave up a long time ago visiting the bars along this street, prices went up the quality of the girls went down and the fun vibe was gone.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You have been mis-informed.  Not all units on the street cannot get a new license only one side of the street up to a certain soi.  The rest are fine.  Most people are opting out as it is slow.  The girl bars are having a hard time from what I have heard.

2 hours ago, ReneTH said:

Complete nonsense argument, no police payments in that area as well. No huge rents, minimal electric as of no AC, most no tv + no salary for staff in most places. 

I'm guessing you think this is Kansas and your real name is Dorothy!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BestB said:

In most major cities you pay 150 for a small bottle and in the clubs 220-240 for a small bottle.

You can get a small beer in a lady bar in some places in chaweng, samui for 80 baht. 

I get resident discount and pay 60 baht at my regular spots. 

Most catering for tourists charge 100-120.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What bought you to that conclusion ?

How did you come to the conclusion that I am a lonely old man needing to pay for company ?

I went into  bar to watch sports and I dont watch TV at home. 

Then you fall into the second category, people who dont pay a monthly TV subscription. I used to do just the same. Had no TV at home, wanted to see a football game and would go to Tha Chang (where the Thai boys go) have fun company all around and think it cheap for 2 hours at 150B for 2 beers (long time ago). 

Edited by Lungstib

And for 150 Baht for a Chang , they informed that that I could have another one (it was past midnight) , but they would switch the music off , dim the lights  , couldnt play pool and we could only whisper , no talking .

Thanks for the offer , but.........................no thanks

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Thank God i don't drink,something else to worry about,

the price of beer,while i only worry about the price of

potatoes and onions. CHEERS

regards worgeordie

I usually  get my onions from Makro which are cheap but recently bought at the market and also Big C.... Wow,  10-15 baht for one onion,  I was shocked how much they are elsewhere from Makro.

It's common knowledge that tourist bars (every bar on Loi Kroh is a tourist bar) charge more than Thai bars.  If you drink in a bar where western customers are a small minority and the staff speaks very little English, the prices will be approximately half the tourist bar prices.  Even the Pretty bars, where you pay extra for the ambience, are cheaper than Loi Kroh bars.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Then you fall into the second category, people who dont pay a monthly TV subscription. I used to do just the same. Had no TV at home, wanted to see a football game and would go to Tha Chang (where the Thai boys go) have fun company all around and think it cheap for 2 hours at 150B for 2 beers (long time ago). 

Yes, I dont have a television ( Well, I do have one in my room, just never switched it on)

Now its 450 Baht for three beers in two hours .

Its quite funny really , when the beers were 75 Baht , I used to go out for a night and easily spend 1000 Baht , now the beers are 150 , I just take 300 Baht out with me .

A few years ago when the exchange rate was better and Changs were 75 Baht , that was the equivalent to 1 Pound 50 .

Now its nearly 4 Pounds

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

If I am going to pay those sorts of prices I might as well go and have a drink at the Hilton.

Hilton does not serve large bottles and charges little more than 150 plus a service charge plus VAT ????

150 will get you a bottle of water or a glass of coke 

3 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Im a Sangsom guy myself....Small bottle--Ginger ale and Ice bucket= $150bt and yep its a bar ????

You are welcome to join me Max--they have beer there and the game and a few cuties too...

I keep away from "cuties" these days .

Beyond my price range .

I just have to sort out 40 year old horny grandmothers on a freebie basis ......................OK , Im being a bit economical with the truth , they do appreciate a few hundred Baht  , but, but , they appreciate love and affection .....................and a right good seeing to 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

3 pages of moan , winge, carp.

Basically about a bar in a city centre that is charging 100 baht more than the cost price of a bottle of beer.

Welcome to Thai Visa Forums.

Been a long time since I visited Thailand.  We used to hang out at my BIL's house and just send a couple kids up to the corner store on a mini-bike to buy our beer.  About every half-hour.  Cheap and convenient.  With today's beer prices, I'd have to cut my vacation short by a week.