150 Baht now for a big Chang

sanemax

On 9/30/2018 at 12:07 PM, simoh1490 said:

If the exchange rate was 80 to one we wouldn't have heard anything from the OP so why blame the bar!

Because a lot has to do with farmer mentality of running a business here. bad crop equals less produce so charge more... bars here less customers means increase prices. Seriously if it was an enjoyable  experience people may not mind but honestly it just ain't worth going anywhere these days.  I rarely drink and choose establishments carefully or rather still just sit around the pool with a few mates... 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

i went there once, not again.

boring ex pats playing pool, trying to look professional with their little pool gloves on

the staff were very off hand.

no thanks, i would rather pay more

If you expected girls to hang around you, you went to the wrong bar. Regarding the "boring expats trying to look professionals"; I can assure you that this is a place where many of CM's best pool players go, expats as well as Thai.

My point was that OP could watch sports and pay half the price for the beer, compared to the 'girlie bars'.

22 hours ago, sanemax said:

And if the exchange rate was 150 Baht to the Pound and a large Chang was 100 Baht , I would have had a few more beers there and not came home and posted on TV

Why don't you start a petition to have legislation passed to roll back the beer prices to 1950 levels?

57 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

What i find really repulsive in bars nowadays, is not the price of drinks, but the attitude of the staff, they seem to have their heads buried in their phones most of the time.

You must find the whole world repulsive as you just described it. ????

44 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Because a lot has to do with farmer mentality of running a business here. bad crop equals less produce so charge more... bars here less customers means increase prices. Seriously if it was an enjoyable  experience people may not mind but honestly it just ain't worth going anywhere these days.  I rarely drink and choose establishments carefully or rather still just sit around the pool with a few mates... 

People I know think I do not drink which is funny.

You know the "where do you drink" question. My answer is no place.

I do drink and relax in my room listening to some music or watching a movie.

Somebody asked me why I drink alone.

Uh, because I like it much better for many of the reasons given here.

Edited by bkk6060

41 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Oh,  and what's all the lady drink prices about... 150. 180 for a 30 baht drink... Greed,  greed simple. 

If you want company of a lady at a lady bar, then dont be a cheap charlie and buy her drinks or stay home.

Sick of all these guys saying in not give lady drinks but occupy the bar all night with hungry eyes and 1 big Chang

On 9/30/2018 at 12:22 PM, thaiguzzi said:

3 pages of moan , winge, carp.

Basically about a bar in a city centre that is charging 100 baht more than the cost price of a bottle of beer.

Welcome to Thai Visa Forums.

Bump.

7 pages now.

And counting....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

You must find the whole world repulsive as you just described it. ????

No, not really, i also spend too much time on internet, it's mostly young people who seem to be really addicted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

If you want company of a lady at a lady bar, then dont be a cheap charlie and buy her drinks or stay home.

Sick of all these guys saying in not give lady drinks but occupy the bar all night with hungry eyes and 1 big Chang

My prob with a big Chang is that it starts getting warm as I drink slow. 

I saw some dude putting Ice in his beer the other day....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I think many people get a glass of ice or even 2 with a large beer here and pour the beer into the glass.

Could be wrong.

On 9/30/2018 at 4:56 AM, sanemax said:

Im just not "happy" about paying a 200 % mark-up on beer prices .

When , a few years ago , they were charging 80-90 Bart for a large Chang 

I would quite happily spend a 1000 Baht for a night out

These days , two beers and thats it 

Rent for the bars is getting more and more expensive, Chinese and backpackers don't barfine the "employees".
So the few remaining farangs have to pay more.
Thai business logics, please understand. ????

• Like 1

On 9/30/2018 at 5:17 AM, sanemax said:

I usually pay 51 Baht

I'm in 7/11

In some 7/11 there are even very cute girls with a bigger sense of humor than in the bars.
Just can't watch soccer there. Not yet ! ???? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

Wow, living the dream.

Spending a whole four pounds for a night out ????

RAZZ

It was never my "dream" to sit in former girly bars that are still the same as when they opened 30 years ago and pay double the going rate for a beer .

On 9/30/2018 at 12:22 PM, thaiguzzi said:

3 pages of moan , winge, carp.

Basically about a bar in a city centre that is charging 100 baht more than the cost price of a bottle of beer.

Welcome to Thai Visa Forums.

Time to set up a "Go fund me"page ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

If you are a bar owner, i can understand your frustration.

Perhaps it's just me, but, more often than not, i have the sensation that i should the one to be paid a drink for bothering to talk with those ladies

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Are you a tourist or a newbie?

Or just a tourist newbie?

People moan about Thai beer, but it was actually developed and designed to be drunk in a glass with ice. I can't drink beer out here not in a glass full to the rim with ice - marvelous.

Just about manage an ice cold tinnie in an emergency, but that is the exception to the rule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chuang said:

You paid 150 baht for a beer in a bar flirting with ladies, watching TV, listening to music with service provided etc and you complained. Go buy your beer in 7/11 probably you complain it's more expensive than Marko. 

Although I didnt want any female company , I didnt want to listen to music and I didnt really want a beer .

I just wanted to watch sport on TV

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, sanemax said:

What bought you to that conclusion ?

How did you come to the conclusion that I am a lonely old man needing to pay for company ?

I went into  bar to watch sports and I dont watch TV at home. 

Radost Sportsbar, big screens, good food, big beer 100baht.
No mate, I am not the owner and I don't get commission!
Just to tell you an alternative spot (without the company of girlies) ...

On 9/30/2018 at 7:00 AM, BritManToo said:

U-beer, 50bht for a big bottle at my local mom & pop store, and they'll give me a glass to sit and drink it at a table outside.

Worth remembering M&P

On 9/30/2018 at 7:00 AM, BritManToo said:

U-beer, 50bht for a big bottle at my local mom & pop store, and they'll give me a glass to sit and drink it at a table outside.