150 Baht now for a big Chang

sanemax

11 minutes ago, BestB said:

And that is why there are people in business and people who whine about few baht pretending to understand what business is.

would not surprise me if bar put higher price to avoid having tight, whining asses

I've had enough of certain bar staff attitudes, and more than enough of their drunken costumers, but , if all the empty or failed bars which i see are anything to go by, their business model is not working very well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I've had enough of certain bar staff attitudes, and more than enough of their drunken costumers, but , if all the empty or failed bars which i see are anything to go by, their business model is not working very well.

Ask yourself how many were owned by someone who ever ran a bar ? I only see 50 baht bars changing hands or closing down . Or those who sold at premium prices but nothing to offer, not even a comfy bar stool

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

Ask yourself how many were owned by someone who ever ran a bar ? I only see 50 baht bars changing hands or closing down . Or those who sold at premium prices but nothing to offer, not even a comfy bar stool

Sure, and we have to consider also that there seem to be less tourist coming in the last few years.

But, i don't think that raising the prices can be a good answer to that, let alone getting rid of frugal customers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Sure, and we have to consider also that there seem to be less tourist coming in the last few years.

But, i don't think that raising the prices can be a good answer to that, let alone getting rid of frugal customers.

Sadly costs rise irrespective of tourists coming or not. Rents go up , cost of goods go up, wages go up, bills and cost of doing business also goes up.

there is a difference between frugal and tight ass.

frugal seeks out cheap price, tight ass just complains about price being well aware of what it is .

In OP case, he did not have one but 2. He was well aware of the price and was not forced to stay or buy a second one. But he did stay and now complaining .

how is that frugal ?

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

Sadly costs rise irrespective of tourists coming or not. Rents go up , cost of goods go up, wages go up, bills and cost of doing business also goes up.

frugal seeks out cheap price, tight ass just complains about price being well aware of what it is .

In OP case, he did not have one but 2. He was well aware of the price and was not forced to stay or buy a second one. But he did stay and now complaining .

how is that frugal ?

I think the OP has the right to post his opinions,even if personally i would never complain about a few Baht difference in prices.

My point is, we know there is competition in the business, prices are rising etc... so it might make sense to make customers feel welcomed, even when they don't spend loads of money.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BestB said:

how is that frugal ?

I wasnt aware of the price before I went in there and only found out when I left .

I also didnt seek out the cheapest bar , I just went into that bar because there was no one else on there .   

I do realise about inflation and costs always go up ,  as I would normally have five or six beers , that's 900 Baht just in beer and I just cannot justify spending that amount everyday on drink .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I wasnt aware of the price before I went in there and only found out when I left .

I also didnt seek out the cheapest bar , I just went into that bar because there was no one else on there .   

I do realise about inflation and costs always go up ,  as I would normally have five or six beers , that's 900 Baht just in beer and I just cannot justify spending that amount everyday on drink .

So why are you whining if you did not even bother to check the price or bill after the first drink ? 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sanemax said:

I keep away from "cuties" these days .

Beyond my price range .

I just have to sort out 40 year old horny grandmothers on a freebie basis ......................OK , Im being a bit economical with the truth , they do appreciate a few hundred Baht  , but, but , they appreciate love and affection .....................and a right good seeing to 

Cuties as in staff--bartenders-waitresses, no funny stuff or drink making, they dont bother u, but a few cuties...u can bring granny along to share my sangsom too :)..anything to avoid u sitting on loy kroh..blah

Many bars around Chiang Mai with very attractive ladies selling beer at prices half of the OP. Loi Krap is dead.

If your social skills are not up to chatting up a girl away from Loi Krap, have your beer elsewhere and pop down the tourist ghetto for a massage. They all have Line.....

On 9/30/2018 at 10:18 AM, ReneTH said:

Complete nonsense argument, no police payments in that area as well. No huge rents, minimal electric as of no AC, most no tv + no salary for staff in most places. 

In major cities you are not paying 150 for a small bottle either. That is what I pay for a whisky or wodka + mixer and often even less. Clubs are expensive anywhere, can't compare that with bars nor with CM.

It is simply greed and trying to make up revenue after having fck** up themselves, I also see this pricing behaviour at certain bars in ''drink plaza's'' around BKK (soi 22) and Pattaya (anywhere).

The ones that know to manage cashflow and run a bar,
are only growing & without prices having been increased (much).

In BKK i pay 160 for a Black Soda Coke beer usually runs around 150 except for happy hour then half price. Most of the bars on Loy Khrok have TV because if they do not no Sat. crowd to watch PL. There are a few bars who do not pay a salary to the girls but most pay around 6,000. Yes and the coppers always have their handa out how do they stay open after hours with the door pulled down.

3 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

I don't I'm in a long term relationship. But even if I wasn't I would still do it emoji16.png

Can you just walk into a bar , without buying any drinks and ask the girls whether you can grope them for 150 Baht ?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Can you just walk into a bar , without buying any drinks and ask the girls whether you can grope them for 150 Baht ?

Not exactly.

But, on Soi 6 at some bars you can order a soda and a LD for about 150 b total and grope them.

There is a loco rock music bar here in hua hin soi 94 not even on the beach charging 200 for a large beer. The music is good, but the same music night after night. I could not go on a regular basis. Once or twice a year maybe. 

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

You have to be rather desperate to need to pay a girl so that you can touch her .

Its sad that you have to pay someone to sit next to you 

I am desperate to avoid the ones who would sit with you for free.

But I'll buy the occasional drink for a nice one. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

You have to be rather desperate to need to pay a girl so that you can touch her .

Its sad that you have to pay someone to sit next to you 

Hell if I see a Falang drinking in front of 7-11 I buy him another beer just to hang out.

• Like 1