Vegetarian Festival

Felt 35

Yes.  Every year for at least a week.  This year it It starts on the 8th of October and will run for 9-10 days.   There is free vegan food at the Chinese temples 2-3 times a day, and some paid vegan food nearby.

There are at least 3 places. 

In Pak Nam there is a large Chinese temple as you enter the town of Pak Nam. 

In Mueang Chumphon, there is a Chinese school/temple close to Choke-anan Bus station.  Probably one of the biggest one here.... Some good paid food and souvenir stuff there. 

The tastiest free food is likely in Saphli (thung wua laen beach).  There is a Chinese shrine down the street from the Saphli Market (after the bridge, before 7-eleven).

Before the post office, there is also a private person who gives away food also.

I'm sure there are other places also around Chumphon.....

If you can wear all white, that is good.  Otherwise try to at least have a predominately white shirt. 

The temples have certain ceremonies where you must have pure white outfit to enter (separate from the free food section ????

-------------

I imagine every province has something similar at their Chinese shrines. 

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, 4evermaat said:

Yes.  Every year for at least a week.  This year it It starts on the 8th of October and will run for 9-10 days.   There is free vegan food at the Chinese temples 2-3 times a day, and some paid vegan food nearby.

There are at least 3 places. 

In Pak Nam there is a large Chinese temple as you enter the town of Pak Nam. 

In Mueang Chumphon, there is a Chinese school/temple close to Choke-anan Bus station.  Probably one of the biggest one here.... Some good paid food and souvenir stuff there. 

The tastiest free food is likely in Saphli (thung wua laen beach).  There is a Chinese shrine down the street from the Saphli Market (after the bridge, before 7-eleven).

Before the post office, there is also a private person who gives away food also.

I'm sure there are other places also around Chumphon.....

If you can wear all white, that is good.  Otherwise try to at least have a predominately white shirt. 

The temples have certain ceremonies where you must have pure white outfit to enter (separate from the free food section ????

-------------

I imagine every province has something similar at their Chinese shrines. 

Thanks for great and welcoming info.

Felt

On 9/30/2018 at 6:43 PM, Stocky said:

Thanks for correcting me.

I guess they all run much the same dates, Hat Yai is 9th-17th October this year.

It might be on the 9th when they start with the food.  The 8th might be some firecracker opening. 

Normally there is a large sign outside the shrine with the dates.  I just saw an itinerary by a local fruit shake seller indicating the 8th was the start. 

Also, some places may start/finish a day or two earlier. 

Archived