Chainat - need route advice

Sheryl

Hi, I will be driving from Prachinburi to Pitsanoluk later this week and will overnight in Chainat as the drive is otherwise just too long . My car is old and alas I am not as far from old as I'd like to be, either...

Need some advice re best routes into and from Chainat as I seem to recall hearing some of the roads weren't very good.

Google maps directs me in via  rte 32 north and then out via rte 1 onto rte 11 north. I know 11 is fine, have driven it before. I also know 1 is fine heading north to the intersection with 11 but have not driven it east of that point.

Is 32 north from Ayuttyha to Chainat good (in terms of potholes. traffic etc)? I could alternately take rte 1 in, just a little longer.

Thanks!

32 is the original Asia Highway and was the first toll road in Thailand (no toll now - opening in 1969 with one lane north and one south and no divider and was a real death trap with several large hump back bridges that always had someone passing below the crest - was one of the first to drive it).  It is now an excellent multi lane highway that is almost always maintained in good condition.  It does have heavy weekend traffic but it moves well.  Much better route than Highway 1 IMHO.

We do this trip many times.

Chainat to Phitsanulok avoiding Nakhon Sawan.

Take Road 1 to turn off Road 122 sign posted Kamphaeng Phet stay on Road 122 and you see a sign for Phitsanulok.

The Road 122 comes to an end at the Road 117 it's a left turn off for Phitsanulok the 117 takes you all the way in to Phitsanulok.

Thanks both.

I am not going into Pitsanoluk town but rather some distance east of there so need to be on 11 not 117. 11 does not go through anyplace so no worries there, in fact one of the longest stretches of absolutely nothing I've seen in Thailand.

Sounds like leaving 1 to 11 will be fine as will 32 going in to Chainat.

Great!

I live in that area.  Take 1 form Chainat through Takhli on to Takfa and turn left, highway 11, at the second traffic light.  The road is dual to Takhli and then single lane off an on to Takfa.  The road is in good condition and the distance from Chainat to the 11 turnoff is approximately 50 kilometers.  When you get to the junction of 1 and 11 honk your horn and wave, I live 9.5 kilometers south east.

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Thanks both.

I am not going into Pitsanoluk town but rather some distance east of there so need to be on 11 not 117. 11 does not go through anyplace so no worries there, in fact one of the longest stretches of absolutely nothing I've seen in Thailand.

Sounds like leaving 1 to 11 will be fine as will 32 going in to Chainat.

Great!

Use the Road 11 sometimes to go east of Lopburi it's not bad road but two way a lot of the time and many slow artic lorries.

Have safe journey.

One caution, after you turn onto highway 11 the next small town is Nong Bua.  North of Nong Bua is a rather long bridge crossing a river.  If there is a "slow" tractor in the middle of the bridge don't pass it on the double yellow line as there will be a BIB waiting under the tree on the other side ready to give you a ticket for crossing the yellow line.  It,s been a while ago but it did cost me 100 baht on the spot, don't know what now! It's a scam as when the tractor reaches one side he turns around and goes back the other way so I imagine that thee is a BIB on the other side also.  Have a safe trip.

Archived