What do you hate most about driving in LOS?

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Sorry haven't read all the posts.

Having driven here for well over 25 years, I find it a real pleasure driving in LOS. But I do drive a tank with good vision.

Here having a small lump can be hell as you cant see anything that's about when you are stuck behind all the big lumps that are on the road. Just drive as the road/traffic permits and you'll be fine

Disagree we had a little 1.5 Yards faster than big lumps and could maneuver out of trouble quicker than any truck or SUV or turn over. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Sorry haven't read all the posts.

Having driven here for well over 25 years, I find it a real pleasure driving in LOS. But I do drive a tank with good vision.

Here having a small lump can be hell as you cant see anything that's about when you are stuck behind all the big lumps that are on the road. Just drive as the road/traffic permits and you'll be fine.

If you want to see bad driving go to the UK. Driving there is a real bug bare. One eye on your speedo the other on the other idiots that are about. Road rage every time you go out. Cameras everywhere.

N/B the one eye on the speedo refers to the speed limit. 3/4 mph over the top and you will get fined 200 pounds and 3 points on your licence, around 10 and you'll loose it.

Conclusion give me the LOS every time. 

Because UK police cameras are spot on and cars may not be they allow 10% + 3 mph of the advised speed limit before taking action..

Example, 70 mph speed limit = 77 + 3 = 80 mph if your speedo is spot on..

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Disagree we had a little 1.5 Yards faster than big lumps and could maneuver out of trouble quicker than any truck or SUV or turn over. 

Having driven small lumps here I have to disagree. They are nippy yes but Not faster, if you are behind a pick up or large MPV you cant see what's ahead. So overtaking is very hit and miss.

1 hour ago, transam said:

Because UK police cameras are spot on and cars may not be they allow 10% + 3 mph of the advised speed limit before taking action..

Example, 70 mph speed limit = 77 + 3 = 80 mph if your speedo is spot on..

That might have been correct some time ago. Police now don't use their speedo they use electronic devices in their cars. Hence the reason they can tell if the lump is speeding or has a valid MOT Tax or Insurance. All 4 take seconds.

Suggest you go back to the UK and see what the cops are up to now. Either that or look at the TV here it's on Dave (that's it you have it) and watch "UK Police with Cameras" there are other programs same sort of elk. Hateful peeps now days.

Try doing 80MPH in a 70MPH limit and you'll be buggered. As I have stated big fine and points. With NO leeway.

Saying that if it's your first small speeding fine they do give you the option of going on a course for training. There is No second time option.

Even the Sat Nav's you buy now in the UK will ping every time you exceed the limit even by 1 MPH getting louder if you go Buddha forbid 2/3 MPH over.

13 hours ago, fredob43 said:

That might have been correct some time ago. Police now don't use their speedo they use electronic devices in their cars. Hence the reason they can tell if the lump is speeding or has a valid MOT Tax or Insurance. All 4 take seconds.

Suggest you go back to the UK and see what the cops are up to now. Either that or look at the TV here it's on Dave (that's it you have it) and watch "UK Police with Cameras" there are other programs same sort of elk. Hateful peeps now days.

Try doing 80MPH in a 70MPH limit and you'll be buggered. As I have stated big fine and points. With NO leeway.

Saying that if it's your first small speeding fine they do give you the option of going on a course for training. There is No second time option.

Even the Sat Nav's you buy now in the UK will ping every time you exceed the limit even by 1 MPH getting louder if you go Buddha forbid 2/3 MPH over.

I never said police use their speedo....????

I corrected you on being nicked doing a couple of mph over the limit which was incorrect...

PS. I do know about police in car tech.

1 hour ago, transam said:

I never said police use their speedo....????

I corrected you on being nicked doing a couple of mph over the limit which was incorrect...

PS. I do know about police in car tech.

I found the cameras in England motorways allowed 80mph not 81 mph ???? when stopped by police for speeding they can use discretion up to 89 mph whether they nick you or not or caution you, over 89 mph they are suppose nick you.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

A 1.5 Yaris is faster proved it a few time with family and friends in there chipped 4x4's, 3.0 L Prerunners & Tuna's.

In my OP I didn't say anything about speed I was referring to the lack of vision. Drive any small lump Mini, Swift, Jazz, and the likes and you'll be buggered. As you cant see what's ahead due to the amount of large lumps that peeps drive here.

8 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

In my OP I didn't say anything about speed I was referring to the lack of vision. Drive any small lump Mini, Swift, Jazz, and the likes and you'll be buggered. As you cant see what's ahead due to the amount of large lumps that peeps drive here.

I cant see anything that confusing about my post. Come on then where did I mention speed in my OP??? It's post 122 if you want to look it up.

14 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

So LOS is the only place on the planet with different sized vehicles..????

2 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I cant see anything that confusing about my post. Come on then where did I mention speed in my OP??? It's post 122 if you want to look it up.

No I respect your view, 'excuse the pun',  personally I didn't have a problem with looking ahead.

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

No I respect your view, 'excuse the pun',  personally I didn't have a problem with looking ahead.

The reason I referred to vision, was a couple of years ago I drove a friends Swift in Pattaya. And it seemed to me that I was sitting in a Go Cart with large brick walls all around me. Couldn't see a thing that was ahead or coming up behind me.

4 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

The reason I referred to vision, was a couple of years ago I drove a friends Swift in Pattaya. And it seemed to me that I was sitting in a Go Cart with large brick walls all around me. Couldn't see a thing that was ahead or coming up behind me.

Then perhaps YOU have a ploblem....????

Don't buy a Ferrari eh...

1 hour ago, sharktooth said:

All the minutes I am on the road from leaving my condo to arriving back.

i met a guy recently that bought a Honda rebel and said “Thai drivers will respect big bikes on the road more than they will scooters.” I right pal, good luck with that one!

I find many drivers are courteous to big-bikes manly because they know you can be just as fast or faster, I always give a nod to many a driver that has moved over so I can overtake on his offside.

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I find many drivers are courteous to big-bikes manly because they know you can be just as fast or faster, I always give a nod to many a driver that has moved over so I can overtake on his offside.

I ride both a scooter and a (Slightly) larger bike...  It may be 'confirmation bias', however, I feel that I am afforded a greater degree of deference on Thailands roads when riding the larger bike...

That doesn't make riding any safer because there is always that 'one idiot' but the majority of vehicles are careful and considerate of bikes.... with the exception of the idiots in the delivery pickup up trucks... 

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I ride both a scooter and a (Slightly) larger bike...  It may be 'confirmation bias', however, I feel that I am afforded a greater degree of deference on Thailand's roads when riding the larger bike...

That doesn't make riding any safer because there is always that 'one idiot' but the majority of vehicles are careful and considerate of bikes.... with the exception of the idiots in the delivery pickup up trucks... 

I concur it is noticeable but you still have to aware as ever.

I always check on drivers coming up from behind and move over for them too..

I see groups on motorbikes hogging the road which must be an annoyance to drivers, I thought that's why there called hogs. ????

Archived