Three tourists arrested as guns/ammo recovered in Thai national park

webfact

Three tourists arrested as guns/ammo recovered in Thai national park

7PM.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Three Thai tourists were arrested on Sunday for shooting in a national park in Kanchanaburi. 

Locals had alerted the chief of the Sri Nakharin Dam park who went to a floating hotel in the Sri Sawat area.

In the area the authorities heard three shots in the location of a reservoir. 

Three rifles and hundreds of rounds of ammunition was recovered from the accommodation.

Chief Thiti Somphee said that this was a restricted area and shooting was forbidden. 

Those arrested were not named in the Thai Rath story. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-01

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I like to shoot guns so probably I could of been caught up in paying to shoot from a boat.

I guess the tourist were told what they were going to do was forbidden.

Three Thai tourists 

They knew exactly what they were doing, probably their guns and ammo. 

15 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Headline "Tourists arrested"....which then becomes three thais.

So when Thais commit a crime they become "thai tourists".

Isn't it interesting? They lack the minimum of safety standards, they have one of the world's worst education systems, they can't hold an election in four years, but when it comes to play the blame game they are the uncontested masters of the planet. 

2 hours ago, wvavin said:

We are still waiting what had happened to the fat toad eating the panther case.

Don't hold your breath, whenever the case involves the ral 100% inbred vermin, you will never find out that nothing has happened to him / it.

4 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Tourists or Terrorists ?

Sounds like some illegal hunting activities going on for long. Why do they need a gun in Thailand to be a tourist?

Some people like the freedom to shoot to eat what they kill. Live off the land like a western movie 

I would like to do it 

my Aussie friends do it 

go out in to the bush and shoot an animal then fire it up and eat it

thats killing with respect 

eating what you kill I have no problem with 

it’s the circle of nature’s 

6 minutes ago, BigC said:

Some people like the freedom to shoot to eat what they kill. Live off the land like a western movie 

I would like to do it 

my Aussie friends do it 

go out in to the bush and shoot an animal then fire it up and eat it

thats killing with respect 

eating what you kill I have no problem with 

it’s the circle of nature’s 

Fine on a game managed area set up for hunting, with quotas, shooting seasons, rules to stop over hunting.

Not OK in a NATURE RESERVE for PROTECTING wildlife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also NOT ok to shoot and eat the few remaining endangered animals in an already decimated and declining small population of a species.  

8 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Three Thai tourists 

They knew exactly what they were doing, probably their guns and ammo. 

Well I don't see it like that the guns belonged to the boat hire guy is what I believe how can tourist come into or even hire guns in Thailand let alone get ammo and hire a trip on a boat but I stand to be corrected.

Well I don't see it like that the guns belonged to the boat hire guy is what I believe how can tourist come into or even hire guns in Thailand let alone get ammo and hire a trip on a boat but I stand to be corrected.

Probably tourist from Bangkok which is what they would be. Probably Hi-So no class. You have to wonder how often it happens and never reported

They are Thais. Gun hire is easy here.

8 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You missed the part that they are Thai. 

Not foreigners. 

18 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Trial is middle of next year I think,  subject to any delays that might occur unexpectedly.

Trial is middle of next year I think,  subject to any delays that might will occur. unexpectedly.

Archived