Nakhon Nayok: When an overloaded truck can go no further!

webfact

When an overloaded truck can go no further!

10PM.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The "Real Events in Nakhon Nayok" page showed an overloaded pick-up laden with trees. 

As the pick-up had tried to cross the bridge over Klong 16 in Onkharak district  north of Bangkok the front lifted up making further progress impossible. 

Sawang Ariya rescue were called as traffic built up. 

Sanook reported that using a bigger vehicle to pull the pick-up down had failed and it took the rescue organisation two hours to unload the trees sufficiently until the vehicle righted itself. 

Sanook called it a warning about overloading and going over bridges. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-01

haha. I saw a songtaew do the same at a set of traffic lights in Chiang Mai years ago. About a dozen people jumped off the back so that the driver could get the front wheels back on the ground. Off he went when the lights changed to green with front wheels skipping up off the road. It was common to see overloaded songtaew's and trucks in Chiang Mai with their front wheels barley touching the tarmac.

16 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

haha. I saw a songtaew do the same at a set of traffic lights in Chiang Mai years ago. About a dozen people jumped off the back so that the driver could get the front wheels back on the ground. Off he went when the lights changed to green with front wheels skipping up off the road. It was common to see overloaded songtaew's and trucks in Chiang Mai with their front wheels barley touching the tarmac.

But if many passengers jump out of the songthaew at the same time when it's doing a wheely the front axels might snap....

But i'm still amazed about how strong those songthaews are, even when they are overloaded to the max nothing breaks....

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Sanook reported that using a bigger vehicle to pull the pick-up down had failed and it took the rescue organisation two hours to unload the trees sufficiently until the vehicle righted itself. 

Sounds like the rescue organisation should be branching out...

They should leave the trees, it wood [sic] make it lighter!

The truck has been uprooted, maybe a bridge too far!!

Stopped to check my tire pressure the other day and had to wait for a beater pickup filled with empty beer cases. He put 70 pounds in the back tires and fifty in the front. The back tires still had a bulge. I was waiting for the boom. Maybe the beer cases were full.

Archived