Foreign-Thai LGBT Relationship Experiences/Advice

artotle

Heya people,

I'm in a happy and very loving queer relationship with a Thai and we have been together for 3-4 months with no problems so far, living semi-together (we basically share each others apartments). We don't really have any 'marriage' plans but it's also not just a fling - for example in December I'm going over to the family home for end of year celebrations (this will be the first time they see me and for now the family doesn't know about me.) 

I'm just wondering really how often do people end up in happy and long lasting relationships and what kind of problems these couples have encountered and how they got through them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have limited experience of gay relationships in Thailand.

First one was a guy that I met on internet dating site when I was thinking of visiting Thailand for the first time about five years ago.  Met him. Had a great time. Naturally, I had to pay for everything, drinks, meals hotels etc.  He lived in rural Thailand. Kept in contact. 

I should say at this point that he was not a bar boy. He is a farmer in his 50's but very attractive. 

Then there was always problem on the farm. Need money for this, money for that. Eventually I stopped giving him money. It never amounted to a huge sum anyway. 

Five years later we are still friends and I always visit him when I come to Thailand and stay in his house. I pay towards the cost of food etc. 

Had a bit of a fling with an Isaan bar boy in Pattaya. Nice guy but he had too many money problems.  Separated from woman and his mother looking after his three children. Went to Surin with him and met them. Genuinely poor. You know the rest. On the plus side the buffalo was not sick. I don't think they had any. 

I decided that all Thai men only want farang for money. I think we all realise that. If you don't you are very stupid.

Then, surprisingly, I met a professional Thai man on Thai Cupid ( am I allowed to say that). Completely different. Younger than me, well most are now anyway. Has his own property and great condo in Chang Mai. Nicest man you could ever meet and attractive too.  We chat on Line every day and plan to meet again soon. 

This is only my experience but in my limited experience most Thai men only  see farangs as ATMs

Thanks for reading  

• 11 months later...
On 12/31/2018 at 5:59 AM, changside said:

Had a bit of a fling with an Isaan bar boy in Pattaya. Nice guy but he had too many money problems.  Separated from woman and his mother looking after his three children. Went to Surin with him and met them. Genuinely poor. You know the rest. On the plus side the buffalo was not sick. I don't think they had any. 

I decided that all Thai men only want farang for money. I think we all realise that. If you don't you are very stupid.

I'm starting to realise how naive I am, I thought this was a problem exclusively faced by straight men dealing with the local women.

5 hours ago, observer90210 said:

My first thought would be guys...never forget your tube of lube gels when travelling   :whistling:

5 hours ago, observer90210 said:

My first thought would be guys...never forget your tube of lube gels when travelling   :whistling:

Condoms and PrEP given the alarming rates of HIV and other STIs

Archived