BANGKOK 24 July 2019 09:28
snoop1130

Pattaya tour bus driver nabbed for refusing to return American’s wallet

Pattaya tour bus driver nabbed for refusing to return American’s wallet

By The Nation

20fe04a4cdddeaa19dce16b7872ce262.jpeg

A tour bus driver in Pattaya has been arrested for refusing to return an American tourist’s wallet left on his bus, police said on Monday.

Pattaya police chief Pol Colonel Apichai Krobphet held a press conference at 11.30 am to announce the arrest of Suchart Chanthachote, 47.

Apichai said police had tracked down and arrested Suchart after a US tourist called the Tourist Police hotline 1155 on Saturday to say that he had dropped his wallet containing US$460 (Bt14,825) on the bus.

Police tracked the bus to the front of Soi 14 of Jomthien Beach, and arrested the driver. 

Police also found seven grams of crystal methamphetamine, or “ice”, on the bus, he added.

Suchart told police he had found the wallet on the bus, but did not contact police to return it. He also told them he had the he “ice” for selling to other tour bus drivers, the police chief said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30355574

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tour bus driver selling drugs to other tour bus drivers...

I was going to say they ought to drug test the lot, but no drivers is not going to do the tour industry any good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After months of those ridiculous '' Honest taxi driver returns wallet'' staged stories......this I believe!!!..what a disgusting driver..
He was hi on ice and felt bullet proof. Hopefully he will have a horrific detox in his jail cell if they havnt let him go already
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well stay away from those minivans .

But never seen any problems with the Pattaya-Bangkok bus from N-Pattaya .  The drivers looks okay to me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Wallet lifting , 'Phet dealing bus drivers wouldn't have happened back in On the Buses inspector Blakey's day .. 

IMG_20181001_142342.jpg

Really? 

to judge from that pic it seem they must been taking something considerably stronger.

First of all can i ask why Police took this seriously?

i mean if me ir you rang the tourist hotline on a Saturday afternoon, would we have much confidence they would act even for 14,000 baht like this tourist lost.

I then click on the link to see a picture of high ranking police with the American tourist ??? Like its a major crime ?!

The second policemen first row good looking young bloke has the second highest rank ????

last policemen sitting is giving a sly smile to the offender ?

somethings not right,study that pic and tell me if this is normal?

was the American a VIP

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

22 minutes ago, Tailwagsdog said:

Instead of testing clubbers having a night out, spontaneous roadside testing of every driver ( bus, taxi, govt, with no exceptions) pulled over for meth & alcohol testing would send the right message. Happens allover the world.

You mean -- "As well as testing clubbers ...." 

• Like 1