Pattaya tour bus driver nabbed for refusing to return American’s wallet

snoop1130

Pattaya tour bus driver nabbed for refusing to return American’s wallet

By The Nation

20fe04a4cdddeaa19dce16b7872ce262.jpeg

A tour bus driver in Pattaya has been arrested for refusing to return an American tourist’s wallet left on his bus, police said on Monday.

Pattaya police chief Pol Colonel Apichai Krobphet held a press conference at 11.30 am to announce the arrest of Suchart Chanthachote, 47.

Apichai said police had tracked down and arrested Suchart after a US tourist called the Tourist Police hotline 1155 on Saturday to say that he had dropped his wallet containing US$460 (Bt14,825) on the bus.

Police tracked the bus to the front of Soi 14 of Jomthien Beach, and arrested the driver. 

Police also found seven grams of crystal methamphetamine, or “ice”, on the bus, he added.

Suchart told police he had found the wallet on the bus, but did not contact police to return it. He also told them he had the he “ice” for selling to other tour bus drivers, the police chief said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30355574

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-1

Bus driver on ice 

That's why I never will take a bus ride 

But I remember on other treads about drugs that some people in here just try say drugs is harmless and it have to be legalized 

My question is to your guy's do you want ride in a bus with a driver high on drugs but again I had ask before and never got a answer... 

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Suchart told police he had found the wallet on the bus, but did not contact police to return it. He also told them he had the he “ice” for selling to other tour bus drivers, the police chief said

Wallet lifting , 'Phet dealing bus drivers wouldn't have happened back in On the Buses inspector Blakey's day .. 

IMG_20181001_142342.jpg

I am with you, the police and his Boss should get a list of the names of his (customers) the other drivers. The truth comes out, this scares the Hell out of me, All tourists too,Farangs, USA,UK,AUSS,Japanses, Russ, Koreans, ECT.... What about our favs the Chinses..This is the worst News for Thailand. Heads should Roll !!!!! This story should never have hit the media or Newspapers...let alone the FAN.....I hope the 1% (GOV.) who rule this lovely country take time to read Thaivisa...All the citizens and our childrens, of Thailand each day are putting our lives in the hands of Drugged-up drivers....G O D SAVE U S.....

After months of those ridiculous '' Honest taxi driver returns wallet'' staged stories......this I believe!!!..what a disgusting driver..
He was hi on ice and felt bullet proof. Hopefully he will have a horrific detox in his jail cell if they havnt let him go already

First of all can i ask why Police took this seriously?

i mean if me ir you rang the tourist hotline on a Saturday afternoon, would we have much confidence they would act even for 14,000 baht like this tourist lost.

I then click on the link to see a picture of high ranking police with the American tourist ??? Like its a major crime ?!

The second policemen first row good looking young bloke has the second highest rank ????

last policemen sitting is giving a sly smile to the offender ?

somethings not right,study that pic and tell me if this is normal?

was the American a VIP

22 minutes ago, Tailwagsdog said:

Instead of testing clubbers having a night out, spontaneous roadside testing of every driver ( bus, taxi, govt, with no exceptions) pulled over for meth & alcohol testing would send the right message. Happens allover the world.

You mean -- "As well as testing clubbers ...." 

9 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Bus driver on ice 

That's why I never will take a bus ride 

But I remember on other treads about drugs that some people in here just try say drugs is harmless and it have to be legalized 

My question is to your guy's do you want ride in a bus with a driver high on drugs but again I had ask before and never got a answer... 

Here is your answer. I dont want a drunk driver  but booze is legal The Decriminalization of Drugs does not mean uncontrolled.  Quite the opposite.  It means more control just more humane, logical and profitable control. 

You've only to see them drive to know they are not in full possession of their senses.  Pattaya Plod continue to shake down road users at the end of the month without doing anything to curb the road casualty figures.  They disappear totally from 3pm Friday until Monday morning. 

3 hours ago, The manic said:

Here is your answer. I dont want a drunk driver  but booze is legal The Decriminalization of Drugs does not mean uncontrolled.  Quite the opposite.  It means more control just more humane, logical and profitable control. 

I can't see that is a answer about my question but yes booze is legal but drinking and driving is not 

i mean if me ir you rang the tourist hotline on a Saturday afternoon, would we have much confidence they would act even for 14,000 baht like this tourist lost.
I then click on the link to see a picture of high ranking police with the American tourist ??? Like its a major crime ?!

The second policemen first row good looking young bloke has the second highest rank ????

was the American a VIP

Usual run of the mill photo opportunity !
Most of those cops probably don’t know what it’s all about, probably peeved because they were on a Candy Crush high score when they got called in for the photo shoot !!
Allegedly [emoji51]

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

was the American a VIP

Why not just except it for what it is and say great the guy got is stuff back

4 hours ago, Tailwagsdog said:

Instead of testing clubbers having a night out, spontaneous roadside testing of every driver ( bus, taxi, govt, with no exceptions) pulled over for meth & alcohol testing would send the right message. Happens allover the world.

yep 197 drivers tested positive to drugs in Melbourne alone over the weekend

35 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

First time I ever heard of an American on a tour bus in Pattaya. Even more interesting that he wasn't still on the bus a few hours later after losing his wallet. 

Knock on wood and Fanta on the Shrine, every pair of pants/shorts I wear to go anywhere (other than flip flopping to the 7-11 or food cart ladies 50 meters away) have a zippered pocket where my precious resides. I have enough trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time, so can't afford to lose my wallet.

11 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

was the American a VIP

A "VIP" bus, at most.

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

Telling the police that he was selling the yabba to other drivers .

I do admire his honesty , but he could had just said that it was for his own personal use

More like something got lost in the translation and when the cops asked if the yabba was his, he claimed he doesn't do it and only sells the sh!t to other drivers. You know, the same blame someone else for your misfortune regardless of how truly absurd it is.

One thing these buggers need to finesse is plausible deniability.

Archived