Chinese tourist in Pattaya dies after "chicken foot" gets stuck in his throat

webfact

Chinese tourist in Pattaya dies after "chicken foot" gets stuck in his throat

3PM.jpg

Picture: Pattaya Eastern News

Sawang Boriboon rescue services were called to a restaurant at the end of Soi Bun Samphan 17 in Nong Prue after a Chinese tourist collapsed after getting something stuck in his throat. 

Gu Wei,31, was not responsive and was not breathing when the medics arrived. His friends were standing around in shock, reported Pattaya Eastern News. 

Attempts were made to revive him before he was taken away to Bang Lamung Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Staff at the restaurant said that six people had arrived and ordered fried meat with basil over rice. They also asked for an empty plate to put food on that they had brought with them.

This appeared to be a fried chicken feet. 

One of the pieces got stuck in the victim's throat causing him to collapse onto the floor unable to breathe. 

The hospital confirmed they had found a chicken bone in the man's throat. 

Source: Pattaya Eastern News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-02

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im torn between morbid comments and sympathy, discretion being the better part of valour, RIP.

Im very careful when I eat chicken feet. It isnt a gobbling food like a plate of Khao Nan Gai...

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

They also asked for an empty plate to put food on that they had brought with them......appeared to be a fried chicken feet. 

Can't help feeling sorry for the person but bringing food from outside into the restaurant to eat and then having the cheek to ask for a plate to put it on is a bit rich. Chicken feet probably saved from a earlier all-you-can-eat buffet meal.

Restaurant manager puts Thai curse on Cheap Charlie Chinese diner.

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I have to agree with you on that, unless I've missed something?

A delicacy for Chinese and quite tasty if cooked correctly. It was the part of the chicken that may producers used to throw away now they have made their fortunes from them.

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I have to agree with you on that, unless I've missed something?

the bone / cartilage is apparently good for you....calcium I think. my Thai Mum sits there with a raw foot in her mouth while she watches TV. It looks disgusting but she loves chewing and sucking the damn thing.

4 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Choking is a terrible way to die irrespective of what caused it.

A dreadful end for the guy and his colleagues holiday destroyed no doubt,not exactly a Golden Week for them.

RIP

I think Golden Weak would be more appropriate in this particular case.

1 minute ago, nikmar said:

the bone / cartilage is apparently good for you....calcium I think. my Thai Mum sits there with a raw foot in her mouth while she watches TV. It looks disgusting but she loves chewing and sucking the damn thing.

I find them quite tasty done Tom Yum Teen Gai, but Im gross and repulsive to my friends and family.

And the Heimlich Maneuver ... ?

"As I experimented, however, I found that even with a partially obstructing object like a chicken bone, the flow of air past the object was enough to push it upward and out of the mouth."

Henry Heimlich MD

44 minutes ago, nikmar said:

my Thai Mum sits there with a raw foot in her mouth while she watches TV. It looks disgusting but she loves chewing and sucking the damn thing.

I hope you aren't referring to your own foot!  

Chicken feet are very popular in Chinese communities. Cooked by boiling or steaming. Tasty meat around the foot bone; what obviously happened was the poor guy accidentally swallowed the bone....and the rest is -as they say -the end of his history...

1 hour ago, wendyfromoz said:

who on earth eats chicken feet they are just bones

Asian people love feet but yes it can look strange to some westerners to eat that 

in the article it is very important for the restaurant to say that it was not their food he die from 

But awful way to die RIP 

3 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Can't help feeling sorry for the person but bringing food from outside into the restaurant to eat and then having the cheek to ask for a plate to put it on is a bit rich. Chicken feet probably saved from a earlier all-you-can-eat buffet meal.

Restaurant manager puts Thai curse on Cheap Charlie Chinese diner.

Are you suggesting it's a chicken feet revenge....

Archived