Chinese tourist in Pattaya dies after "chicken foot" gets stuck in his throat

webfact

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

I don't get it.

no matter how many little cute characters they put on packaging, it still looks disgusting to me

Me too. I guess most westerners too. But if you grew up with them, you'd probably love them. Lots of foods I won't touch, including intestines, brain, and beef and KIDNEY pie. 

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Me too. I guess most westerners too. But if you grew up with them, you'd probably love them. Lots of foods I won't touch, including intestines, brain, and beef and KIDNEY pie. 

My point wasn't about "East vs West" at all. You injected it.

I do get your point about "growing up with them, you'd love them". I agree

however, (since you initiated East vs West) you wouldn't find any product on any store shelf with the photos of the actual cow intestines or lamb testicles in MOST cultures(not just West) but i guess it's "different strokes for different folks"

My point wasn't about "East vs West" at all. You injected it.

I do get your point about "growing up with them, you'd love them". I agree

however, (since you initiated East vs West) you wouldn't find any product on any store shelf with the photos of the actual cow intestines or lamb testicles in MOST cultures(not just West) but i guess it's "different strokes for different folks"

Yes I may have injected it but I think it's valid. Chinese in particular are well known to eat any sort of food no matter how gross. Well gross to most westerners anyway. I'm of course a big fan of Chinese food but within limits.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes I may have injected it but I think it's valid. Chinese in particular are well known to eat any sort of food no matter how gross. Well gross to most westerners anyway. I'm of course a big fan of Chinese food but within limits.

"If it has four legs and is not a chair, has wings and is not an aeroplane, or swims and is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.",

The UK's very own Prince Philip. King of non PC quotes.

Seeing how quickly some of the Chinese tourists wolf down any food, I would think it was being too greedy that caused the problem.

I have see some of them with food actually falling out of their mouths as they try to force in more before they have swallowed the stuff in their mouths.

Anyway, chicken feet are nice when boiled in a soup... and soft.  The 5 spice spicy chicken foot soup is on my top 10 fav Thai dishes. 

It's very popular among Chinese people. Chinese food features texture more than western food and chicken feet are texture for days.

Did not anyone even try the Heimlich maneuver?

Heimlich maneuver is a western concept , maybe not something the Chinese practice on.

19 minutes ago, cat handler said:

Of course there is, do a First Aid Course and you will learn it. Time have changed since 1950.

Carry a pen knife and a pen...well hell here you can use the ubiquitous straw....

Poor guy, awful way to go. RIP.

I saved a friend once with the Heimlich maneuver, all of a sudden he jumped up wild-eyed, gasping for air but making no sound.

He was completely unable to communicate and in total terror.

It happens fast and we were both grateful I had a clue what to do.

Definitely worth knowing and practicing, just like CPR, as you just never know what happens next but you gotta be prepared for anything.

Archived