No holidays or we dock your pay

On 10/3/2018 at 6:36 AM, Jimjim1968 said:

Update: I had a buddy from EP (I'm regular kids) read out his contract (I presume it's the same). There is no mention of holidays, only 10 days for sick/personal business. Looks like we're screwed. but they have lost all my good will. I'll finish the contract in March and leave.

Excuse me, some moron is violating Thai labour law. Go get this sorted subito, pronto. Get some holidays, return refreshed and do a better job upon return than without holidays.

Private school: Google, call Labour Court, they do have lawyers and this is a basic question and no, holidays are 100% NOT "optional for folks working i. full-time with ii. a 12-months-contract. Government school, contact Administrative Court. They have lawyers, too. (Just get the facts, from the horse's mouth. And nip it in the bud!

On 10/3/2018 at 6:36 AM, Jimjim1968 said:

Update: I had a buddy from EP (I'm regular kids) read out his contract (I presume it's the same). There is no mention of holidays, only 10 days for sick/personal business. Looks like we're screwed. but they have lost all my good will. I'll finish the contract in March and leave.

That's a proactive  approach.   Maybe they'll offer you a renewed contract with better conditions.

3 hours ago, WonnabeBiker said:

A director once suckered the new starts. At the first introduction, he requested that the foreigners hold some seminar. No takers, so it was turned into free lessons.

I remember being at a school like this. The farang teachers had to hold 'free' English lessons in their own time (for which they weren't paid). It turns out the Director was collecting 500 Baht from each of the students attending the extra lessons.

Might just be time to move on. I worked at a school that didn't pay me during the September/October flooding of 2011 while the school was under 4' of water and closed because "I didn't do any work" during that time.

The Thais were all paid and the director made the Phils sandbag and mop her house as she lived on site so they got paid. TIT :wai:

Archived