How to do 90 day check in (First time)

Hello everyone,

I am on my first ED visa studying Thai and just started. I recently had trouble getting my wife on a non-o visa and she was denied in Savannakhet but we were able to get it finally at another consulate. Now the question I have is that we don't know how to do this 90 day check in. 

Because I am at the school the school will help me do mine. My wife because she got her visa a month after me she will need to go a month after my renewal to get hers. So my question is when does she go to do this? How many days before her 90 day time is up can she apply? Also what exactly does she need to bring in terms of paperwork to do this? We live in Jomtiem Pattaya. We have heard something about an online reporting system. Is that something she can do in Pattaya or will she still be required to go in person to immigration? 

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Edited by hogfrog

Her first report of staying longer than 90 days in the country will be due 90 days from the date she applies for her first extension. 

A report in person can be done up to 15 days before the report date or 7 days after including the report date in the country. Online reporting is possible within a window of 15 to 7 days before the report date.

Link for online reporting site. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Or are you asking about her applying for extensions every 90 days to match your 90 day extension since you are attending a language school. After she gets her first extension you wife's extensions will be due at the same time yours are due. Her first extension will only be done to the date yours ends when she applies for it. It will be the same paperwork for every extension after the first one.

They can be done online, by mail, or by going to the immigration office.  Online does not always seem to work.  If she does not have a 90 report form in her passport already, they usually staple to a page towards the back, showing the next report date just wait until she extends her visa and they will give her one at that time.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

After she gets her first extension you wife's extensions will be due at the same time yours are due. Her first extension will only be done to the date yours ends when she applies for it.

Thanks for the replies. I am sorry I wasn't completely clear. Yes, I actually wanted to ask about both. '

So for the extension. So let's say I get my first extension in Dec. and my wife's non-o expires in Jan. she will go to apply for the extension before her non-o expires and how many days before her visa expires does she need to apply for the extension? What paperwork does she need?

After she gets this first extension you say that she needs to go right after I get mine done and not a month after?

If you did your extension near the end of your 90 day entry they may do your wife's at the same time since they normally will do them up to 30 days early but in cases like your they should do it little earlier.

You wifes 1st extension will end on the same day as yours since it will be tied to your extension. Her extension will always end when yours does.

She will need copies her passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 card. Your legalized marriage certificate plus a copy. Copies your passport passport pages plus your extension stamp.

1 hour ago, rwill said:

They can be done online, by mail, or by going to the immigration office.  Online does not always seem to work.  If she does not have a 90 report form in her passport already, they usually staple to a page towards the back, showing the next report date just wait until she extends her visa and they will give her one at that time.

The first 90 day report has to be done in person (explained to me by the Imm Officer) and thereafter can be done online or by mail.

On 10/2/2018 at 6:49 PM, ubonjoe said:

Her first report of staying longer than 90 days in the country will be due 90 days from the date she applies for her first extension. 

A report in person can be done up to 15 days before the report date or 7 days after including the report date in the country. Online reporting is possible within a window of 15 to 7 days before the report date.

Link for online reporting site. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Or are you asking about her applying for extensions every 90 days to match your 90 day extension since you are attending a language school. After she gets her first extension you wife's extensions will be due at the same time yours are due. Her first extension will only be done to the date yours ends when she applies for it. It will be the same paperwork for every extension after the first one.

I arrived in Thailand on the 7th July and had my retirement extension renewed on the 15th of July. 

Is my 90 day calculated from my arrival or extension renewal? 

34 minutes ago, VYCM said:

I arrived in Thailand on the 7th July and had my retirement extension renewed on the 15th of July. 

Is my 90 day calculated from my arrival or extension renewal? 

Unless it was your first extension of stay application your report is due 90 days from the date your entered the country.

Your 90 day report is due today according to my date calculator.

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless it was your first extension of stay application your report is due 90 days from the date your entered the country.

Your 90 day report is due today according to my date calculator.

Yes, thanks so much for your reply. I'm going this morning. Cheers VYCM 

18 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

The first 90 day report has to be done in person (explained to me by the Imm Officer) and thereafter can be done online or by mail.

Thanks, I will keep this in mind.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You wifes 1st extension will end on the same day as yours since it will be tied to your extension. Her extension will always end when yours does.

Ok, so correct me if I am wrong. Based on what you are saying when I go for my first extension this December she should just come along with me to immigration and apply for her extension as soon as I get my stamp and finish mine? It seems to me that if we already have to go to immigration for the 90 day extension shouldn't we just do the 90 day reporting at the same time? Is there paperwork we need to turn in for this? What is required?

18 minutes ago, hogfrog said:

It seems to me that if we already have to go to immigration for the 90 day extension shouldn't we just do the 90 day reporting at the same time?

Neither of you will need to do report of staying longer than 90 days when you apply for your first extension of stay. You first reports will be due 90 days from the date you do the applications. For future extensions you may be able to your reports at the same time you apply.

The only thing needed for the first 90 report will be your passport and a TM47 form.

• 3 months later...

Why is the online reporting window so short? 15 to 7 days before the actual due date. Really very inconvenient to take a half day off work or just your time to go do it in person when one misses the window. Complaining hasn't helped and I never get an answer why the window so short.  Maybe if enough complain they will expand the window?  

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, RBOP said:

Why is the online reporting window so short? 15 to 7 days before the actual due date. Really very inconvenient to take a half day off work or just your time to go do it in person when one misses the window. Complaining hasn't helped and I never get an answer why the window so short.  Maybe if enough complain they will expand the window?  

The 7 days before is the same requirement as when doing a mailed in report. That gives the office the online report is sent to time to process your  application before the date it is due.