What about half Thai, half farang girls?

moontang

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NonthaburiBear said:

yep, we are off topic anyway, i expect these posts to be deleted soon.. Very interesting though, i was just googling " origin of the Berbers".

Until quite recently Thais of mixed European heritage were regarded as being close to the bottom of the social pile. This was because they were regarded - usually correctly - as the offspring of prostitutes or former prostitutes. There were of course a number of Luk Krung who had high social status given the social origins/occupation/education of their farang fathers, but they were very much the exception and were obviously upper/upper middle class. It's hard to say when attitudes began to change but I would suggest the early 1980's when the influx of American GIs had begun to be forgotten. I certainly remember children Luk Krung selling garlands at the roundabout (as it was then) on Rama 4/Wireless Road in the late 1970's.

I'm not sure any stigma remains now as social diversity is much greater than a few decades ago. Nevertheless the crustier type of Thai might harbour a few suspicions about a Luk Krung's provenance until proved.

As has been observed before Luk Krung are often blessed with good looks. The danger is they can sometimes be stranded between cultures and become weirdly airheaded, though the best manage to straddle both - more and more I think these days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 9:37 AM, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

A lot of Thai people are obsessed by luk krung babies because of their light skin and ‘narak’ features. They think they will grown up to be models etc....

But in a lot of cases this is not the case, and some can look like very average mixed farang. 

Thais put those light-skinned actors and actresses on pedestals - but no hi-so or rip roi girl would be caught dead hooking up with a farang.

Life in LOS is full of ironies.

Thais put those light-skinned actors and actresses on pedestals - but no hi-so or rip roi girl would be caught dead hooking up with a farang.

Life in LOS is full of ironies.

Not true.There are many examples.

If you mean that no such girl would hook up with a sex tourist type person, you are correct.

7 hours ago, fusion58 said:

but no hi-so or rip roi girl would be caught dead hooking up with a farang.

Who told you that? I know a few smart, fun, capable hi-so Thai women married to westerners (by hi-so I mean heiresses to large fortunes or those with well-known surnames). And if the category is not "hi-so" but simply riap roi, then there are too many to count. And if we're talking about just hooking up, not marriage, then it's not unusual at all. Obviously, it's a game played very differently from the lo-so P4P scene, and it has a totally different set of rules. 

On 10/4/2018 at 8:43 AM, baansgr said:

looks wise can be attractive both male and female because of complexion and bone structure. As a person,  an example,  UK male met a luekrung in UK,  got married had a kid.  Last year sold up moves here,  spent 12 million all his life savings all in her name,  within a year she's left him and taken everything.... 

She probably couldn't put up with him being a typical UK lager lout anymore ????

On 10/4/2018 at 5:43 AM, jackdd said:

Of course you can construct some special cases where the definition of nationality doesn't make sense, but this is something that you can do for most definitions. I think the definition "of different nationalities" is quite matching, even it doesn't fit all cases.

The person used "คนต่างชาติกัน" which would mean something like "foreigner (as in nationality) to each other" which matches what my girlfriend told me independently.

ชาติ in Thai can take various prefixes which will determine whether the meaning is nationality (สัญชาติ) or ethnicity (เชื้อชาติ)

15 hours ago, jayboy said:

Not true.There are many examples.

If you mean that no such girl would hook up with a sex tourist type person, you are correct.

"Many" examples?

Actually, such hookups are extremely rare (which was the point.)

8 hours ago, Puwa said:

Who told you that? I know a few smart, fun, capable hi-so Thai women married to westerners (by hi-so I mean heiresses to large fortunes or those with well-known surnames). And if the category is not "hi-so" but simply riap roi, then there are too many to count. And if we're talking about just hooking up, not marriage, then it's not unusual at all. Obviously, it's a game played very differently from the lo-so P4P scene, and it has a totally different set of rules. 

Sorry - I've lived here long enough that I need to call BS. 

How often do you see the type of girl who's most highly prized by upper class Thai males in public with ANY foreigner?

Such sightings are rarer than appearances by Halley's Comet

2 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Sorry - I've lived here long enough that I need to call BS. 

How often do you see the type of girl who's most highly prized by upper class Thai males in public with ANY foreigner?

Such sightings are rarer than appearances by Halley's Comet

I call BS, there's no such thing as Halley's Comet. Do you know how rare public sightings are?  I've been here a long time and I've never seen it. That's the logic of your reply. 

On 10/4/2018 at 10:13 AM, jvs said:

I do that a lot also,more and more lately.

That makes 3 of us.   Usually when I am trying to politely say what a stupid or bigoted or arrogant or.....

well, you get the picture  +

(-- deleted after some thought -- )     

2 hours ago, Puwa said:

I call BS, there's no such thing as Halley's Comet. Do you know how rare public sightings are?  I've been here a long time and I've never seen it. That's the logic of your reply. 

So where is your logic now?

For the non believers among TVF read here.

https://www.space.com/19878-halleys-comet.html

Halley's Comet is arguably the most famous comet. It is a "periodic" comet and returns to Earth's vicinity about every 75 years, making it possible for a human to see it twice in his or her lifetime. The last time it was here was in 1986, and it is projected to return in 2061.

http://www.ianridpath.com/halley/halley6.htm

http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~blackman/ast104/halley.html

Just because YOU have never seen it does not mean it does not exist.

I have never seen the Great Wall of China but I believe it exists.

4 hours ago, fusion58 said:

"Many" examples?

Actually, such hookups are extremely rare (which was the point.)

I disagree. They are quite common.

One's perception much depends on one's milieu. A resident of Pattaya might well have a different impression to a Managing Director of an international company.

On 10/2/2018 at 9:41 PM, mauGR1 said:

Half Farang, half Thai, not likely dark skin.

On 10/2/2018 at 9:41 PM, mauGR1 said:

Half Farang, half Thai, not likely dark skin.

Actually you are wrong.

I have many Farang friends married to Thai women with children, both in Thailand and in England. My Thai wife and I have a 31 year old daughter.

My wife`s brother is married to a white English woman, they have 3 children together. A girl and 2 boys. The girl could be mistaken for being a full blown Indian, European features and brown skin. The 2 boys look Chinese, Asian features and yellow skin. I have Farang friends here in Thailand married to Thai women, have children and those children look 100% Thai and quite dark. I have another Farang friend married to a Thai and their sons have European features, blond hair and slightly yellowish skin. My daughter has very white skin and looks similar in appearance to those actresses in the Thai soap operas.

So there is no such thing as a stereotypical Lukreung, they can range from 100% Asian appearance to close to European looking. 

8 hours ago, Puwa said:

Translation: "My anecdotal evidence is better than your anecdotal evidence." ????

6 hours ago, jayboy said:

I disagree. They are quite common.

One's perception much depends on one's milieu. A resident of Pattaya might well have a different impression to a Managing Director of an international company.

"Quite common?"

Farangs walking around with upper class rip roi girls on their arms?

Are you posting from some other Thailand in a parallel universe we don't know about?

2 hours ago, fusion58 said:

"Quite common?"

Farangs walking around with upper class rip roi girls on their arms?

Are you posting from some other Thailand in a parallel universe we don't know about?

It's true Pattaya and other places where present and former sex tourists congregate is something of a parallel universe.

14 hours ago, Puwa said:

The fusion58 guy is more right than you are.  Hot hi-so girls and luk kreungs will almost always choose a Thai guy.  A good example are all those young hot luk kreung actresses and celebs.  They can be with most any guy and they're always with a Thai guy or fellow luk kreung.  I've yet to see one with a farang.  Now if you're talking older "heiress" and such, more possible.  

On 10/22/2018 at 9:50 AM, Berkshire said:

The fusion58 guy is more right than you are.  Hot hi-so girls and luk kreungs will almost always choose a Thai guy.  A good example are all those young hot luk kreung actresses and celebs.  They can be with most any guy and they're always with a Thai guy or fellow luk kreung.  I've yet to see one with a farang.  Now if you're talking older "heiress" and such, more possible.  

Not for lack of interest. They'd just rather not be *seen* with a farang.

On 10/4/2018 at 9:53 AM, jackdd said:

In the meantime my girlfriend woke up, and i could ask her as well: According to her luk kreung just means the parents had "different nationalities", so according to her my example from the post before that a Spanish-French child would be luk kreung was correct.

LOL ! So for example say a Male Thai has moved to the USA and dissolved / relinquished thier Thai nationality and now become only a USA national. Later they come to Pattaya / Phuket on holiday, meets girl, gets married has baby. Is this child also ‘luk kreung’ ???  As one parent is a US national and the other a Thai national. 

Abviously a lesson to be learned when listening to a thai partner, take everything with a pinch of salt. The depths of saving face goes deep even into close relationships. 

3 minutes ago, mindfulness said:

LOL ! So for example say a Male Thai has moved to the USA and dissolved / relinquished thier Thai nationality and now become only a USA national. Later they come to Pattaya / Phuket on holiday, meets girl, gets married has baby. Is this child also ‘luk kreung’ ???  As one parent is a US national and the other a Thai national. 

Abviously a lesson to be learned when listening to a thai partner, take everything with a pinch of salt. The depths of saving face goes deep even into close relationships. 

On 10/4/2018 at 4:43 PM, jackdd said:

Of course you can construct some special cases where the definition of nationality doesn't make sense, but this is something that you can do for most definitions. I think the definition "of different nationalities" is quite matching, even it doesn't fit all cases.

Archived