BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Villagers take action as "Ogre and Evil Widow" claim five lives in Kalasin

Villagers take action as "Ogre and Evil Widow" claim five lives in Kalasin

2PM.jpg

Pictures (2): Sanook

Sanook reported that villagers in Kalasin are convinced that an ogre and an evil ghost widow are at work after five mysterious deaths in September. 

The spirits are called Phee Pop and Phee Mae Mai and the villagers are taking drastic action - especially men. 

In one house two healthy men died within seven days of each other from what appeared to be fits.

But Sanook reported that marks of strangulation had been found on the neck of one of the men - clear signs that an ogre was responsible, said respected village elders. 

In another case a 16 year old girl was killed when her motorcycle mysteriously collided with another with a sidecar. That was the fifth death and the final straw.

Now virtually every house has an item of red clothing outside with the wording in Thai: "This house has no men".

2PM1.jpg

Men throughout the village of Phu Hang in the north eastern province have decided to paint their fingernails in an effort to look more like women to ward off the evil that appears to target males to a greater degree. 

Sanook went to the village and found that people were living in fear of even leaving their houses especially after dark. 

By early evening the village was as quiet as the grave with villagers cowering in their homes amid fears that they would be the next victim of the ogre and the evil widow of doom. 

Everyone is clamoring for amulets and other protection as the fear spreads. 

Doctors - appearing not to share the villagers views on the supernatural - have given advice on how best to guard against non-communicable diseases.

Sources: Sanook | Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-03

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

Sanook reported that villagers in Kalasin are convinced that an ogre and an evil ghost

Maybe it's Shrek in Thailand/Kalasin having a incognito break from the limelight of hollywood...

do you remember the story a few months ago about the Thai women up North who where worshiping the ant hill that was shaped like a penis?:clap2:

I swear i jumped on my motorcycle and was there in a flash. :cheesy:

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

do you remember the story a few months ago about the Thai women up North who where worshiping the ant hill that was shaped like a penis?:clap2:

Is your penis shaped like an Ant hill ?,no,thats why

you never scored.😉

regards worgeordie

Education would be a waste of time with these villagers....

A thousand or so years of science and we  still see this CRAP in Thailand....amongst others

Foreign news take on the same story: Villagers link half a dozen unrelated events in order to relieve the boredom of their otherwise monotonous lives.

39 minutes ago, webfact said:

By early evening the village was as quiet as the grave

Except for the barking dogs that carried on barking throughout the night!

cam you imagine the fun you have terrorizing these old codgers after dark (somewhat cruel i know) if you are a wayward child

would beat the hell out racing your motorbike

"Everyone is clamoring for amulets".   Well, cultural differences and........   Nope, can't do it, I got nothing....

19 minutes ago, kannot said:

A thousand or so years of science and we  still see this CRAP in Thailand....amongst others

Which is why I'm in love with Thailand and it's people. They're special, unique, where else would you get a story like this?

My wife pays tribute to Jao Thi more than she does Buddah, fascinating, I love it! (She still hasn't won the lottery though.)

40 minutes ago, kannot said:

There are some people in this world who actually believe/worship the teachings/sayings of some Jewish guy who lived in Palestine 2000 years ago.

37 minutes ago, kannot said:

"amongst others"

The two most important words of your post. Backwards as many think Thailand is, it has a lot of competition from other countries around the world when it comes to superstition and religion.

46 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Ah..Isaan..

Big an' hansum..

DSCN0968.JPG