Villagers take action as "Ogre and Evil Widow" claim five lives in Kalasin

webfact

7 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"amongst others"

The two most important words of your post. Backwards as many think Thailand is, it has a lot of competition from other countries around the world when it comes to superstition and religion.

This is neither its just laughable ignorance

7 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Sounds like the crap I grew up with, the 'virgin' mary and the 'holy ghost'. And I came from a well educated society.

That c&%p started more than 2000 years ago more fool you if you or yours believe it, this is happening today my man

1 hour ago, wolf81 said:

The concept of marriage doesn't really exist in the bible as far as I know. Plenty of Jewish men had multiple wives for example, especially wealthy and/or powerful people like kings.

I don't think you have read it.  The bible is very 'strong' on marriage... to the point of killing people by stoning them if they commit adultery.  

Anyway, this is off topic.

Back to the OP..... there are superstitions in every country.  People believe in all sorts of crazy stuff.  Just we don't realise how stupid it is... until we can see it from outside.  Think how many people believe their horoscopes, old wives tales, etc.  

21 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Education would be a waste of time with these villagers....

No cure for stupidity !!!

Thailand 2018.. the great divide between modern cities & the mythical villages... 

great Thai educational system at work!

21 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Except for the barking dogs that carried on barking throughout the night!

Evidently they are barking at the ogre and evil-widow, thus proving that they exist ...

QED.

The temple dogs were going mad at about 3AM, I wonder if the ogre has moved to northern BKK ????

19 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Evidently they are barking at the ogre and evil-widow, thus proving that they exist ...

QED.

The temple dogs were going mad at about 3AM, I wonder if the ogre has moved to northern BKK ????

I'm sure every province has an ogre and evil widow then. Nowhere is immune.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:54 AM, jak2002003 said:

Hope you will have room for all your children then... and the money to support them... as according to the book you quotes SEX is a sin unless you are married and its for making babies.. not pleasure.

None of my kids are barstewards. Only have 2. Got the snip after the second one.

Have had endless hours of pleasure trying to make babies. The Lord loves a trier.

Archived