More problems connecting with TVF again

billd766

This morning it has taken me 19 minutes to read 4 notifications. It took 7 minutes and 3 tries including the dreaded error 520 just to get to the main page. The time between each change of notification is at least 1 min 30 sec.

It has taken 3 minutes just to open this new topic. Meanwhile the sponsors ads keep merrily rolling on.

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Bloody pathetic this morning, error 524, taking forever to open pages.

I just posted a comment, looked at it, showing twice, whats that about?

So far since 11:06 or 36 minutes ago I have managed to read 7 posts and post 1 topic about connection problems.

No responses from anybody else except you Colin, which leads me to suspect many others have a similar problem and can't get through either.

Isn't there anybody awake in ground control at TVF?

This is the only forum and website that I use that has these problems on a regular basis.

I have just done a speed test to Singapore on my 3BB link of 30 down and 10 up and I got a result of 32.55 down, 12.88 up and a latency of 38.7 ms. So my link is OK. BBC world comes in quickly, Thai Met office the same, Yahoo mail is fast, Gmail is fast and TVF is like a millipede with 900 broken legs.

The BBC News website serves millions of people worldwide, Gmail and Yahoo do the same, Facebook and Messenger are fine, yet Thai visa who probably only serve a few thousand at any one time cannot get it right once again.

It took me nearly 10 minutes to open it, write it and post it and I didn't really mind where it went as long as it went somewhere and got somebody's attention.

Now, some 2 hours after I posted it has got back to "normal".

Was there any particular reason why it was so bad this morning?

interesting how not all posts got transferred across

including one containing an error message about "no access to metadata and a table crash" but maybe thats not considered important

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

Was there any particular reason why it was so bad this morning?

testing one of the chinese subs prior to delivery and it dived very rapidly partially  severing  the undersea cable....????

To the Forum support team.

This is about the third time this year there has been an access problem and as usual it is after an upgrade.

When this happens again, and you know it will can you not stick a notice box outlined in red perhaps, saying something along the lines of

Dear Members, there is a problem with the website which was found/reported at xx.xx Thai time and we are working on it. Please be patient.

Then update that window every hour and then the users of the site will understand that you DO know and then they will come back later and try again.

It will be easier on you, easier on the users, easier on the moderators and not to mention common sense.

Archived