Big Joke: Watch out visa fraudsters and foreigners - I am after you!

webfact

Only once happened to me. I got cross after being talked to very un politely. I got up and left, she followed me out screaming that I would be arrested! Crazy.

This attitude is like junior school kids being given a Prefects badge and acting like they have joined an elite society. So incredibly infantile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/4/2018 at 2:34 AM, blackhorse said:

Gotta say the junta has its faults but they do appear to to be trying harder than any before them to stamp out corruption

All they are stamping out are those that did not give them their customary fees.

They stamp these small timers in the China tourist expedite lane but leave the multi millionaire crooks at the main

immigration offices to collect ever more from long term expats needing extensions via agent backhanders & even their own office extension acting as agents to "expedite" your application for extension, residence proof, 90 day, re-entry etc etc set up usually nearby

19 minutes ago, meechai said:

All they are stamping out are those that did not give them their customary fees.

They stamp these small timers in the China tourist expedite lane but leave the multi millionaire crooks at the main

immigration offices to collect ever more from long term expats needing extensions via agent backhanders & even their own office extension acting as agents to "expedite" your application for extension, residence proof, 90 day, re-entry etc etc set up usually nearby

Anyone using agents to expedite their extensions etc., usually illegally obtained should be rounded up and booted out of the country, that will reduce some of the corruption you seem so concerned about. 

15 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Anyone using agents to expedite their extensions etc., usually illegally obtained should be rounded up and booted out of the country, that will reduce some of the corruption you seem so concerned about. 

Corruption exists because of those who facilitate it. Until the source of corruption is stopped it will continue.  And its not the agents or buyers issuing/stamping paperwork and approving visas.

2 hours ago, Notagain said:

Corruption exists because of those who facilitate it. Until the source of corruption is stopped it will continue.  And its not the agents or buyers issuing/stamping paperwork and approving visas.

No, but they supply the incentive... 

24 minutes ago, Artisi said:

No, but they supply the incentive... 

They supply incentive because they are incentivized by a people infamous for their 'flexibility' as to morals, ethics and law abiding.

Why aren't Singaporean immigration and officials being provided incentive?? 

On 10/4/2018 at 12:48 PM, colinneil said:

Well if ole BJ is going after visa agents who are arranging false visas, what about his own immigration officers who are getting a cut?

That's already happening. According to another report about this same story:

Two senior immigration officials were transferred to inactive posts Thursday while undergoing a probe into their alleged involvement with a gang of visa-renewal brokers that has been the subject of a recent crackdown.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:53 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Going after those "agents" that charge like 10,000 to 15,000 baht to do the illegal extensions, i.e. for all those farangs that don't have the required 400,000 or 800,000 baht requirement, yeh right good luck, money talks all languages, where does he think the bulk of that money goes, to immigration officers, der....

As mentioned, he's already taking action against immigration officials suspected of taking money from visa agents - see my previous post about senior immigration officials being transferred to inactive posts.

7 minutes ago, Notagain said:

WOW two immigration officers moved to inactive posts !!! Problem solved next photo op please lol. Get those bad bad falangs !!

It's early days - he's only been in the post for less than a week. He's announced his intention of going after all forms of corruption including those taking additional fees that are not authorised and cracking down on officials who allow extensions to be processed when the money has not been in the bank for the required amount of time.

The way he's started, I rather suspect these two are just the first of many.

Dream on pal. What else has he effectively cleaned up in the many photo ops in the papers HMMMMM ? NOT ONE OFFICER INVOLVED IN ANY CORRUPTION "HE HAS INVESTIGATED" HAS FACED ANY LEGAL CONVICTION of all these so called clean up operations. Its just the falangs he is after !!!

6 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

They supply incentive because they are incentivized by a people infamous for their 'flexibility' as to morals, ethics and law abiding.

Why aren't Singaporean immigration and officials being provided incentive?? 

Nobody want to stay there and The Signapore IO receive good salaries so do not need to supplement there income.

On 10/4/2018 at 8:22 AM, mercman24 said:

agree immigration has got to be the most corrupt lot ever, when i was in Bangkok queue all bloody morning, agents come in, no queuing number, i see money change hands to imm officer and they are straight in.

Thats what agents are for! Thats why we pay them. Same with Saudi and Libya IO/ embassy.

On 10/6/2018 at 6:53 AM, Artisi said:

And why it that, I extended my visa 3 days ago (marriage) which was the 17th time, took 35 minutes from sitting down at the desk to walking out the door, included in the time was a couple of minutes while the house location map was redrawn by the IO. So what are you doing wrong? 

Mmm.. probably not living near and visiting the same immigration office as you ? Just a wild guess.

On 10/4/2018 at 1:08 PM, asiamaster said:
On 10/4/2018 at 12:48 PM, colinneil said:

Well if ole BJ is going after visa agents who are arranging false visas, what about his own immigration officers who are getting a cut?

The answer is simple -they won't be getting their cut anymore...

little do you know.

14 hours ago, kevvy said:

It amazes me , the use a tissue to cover their mouth to use a toothpick, yet they stick their finger up their nose even when they are talking to you

Yes and yet would go ballistic at rude foreigners, if we hadn't immediately removed our shoes on entering a house with a tiled floor!

On 10/4/2018 at 5:30 PM, baansgr said:
On 10/4/2018 at 10:53 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Going after those "agents" that charge like 10,000 to 15,000 baht to do the illegal extensions, i.e. for all those farangs that don't have the required 400,000 or 800,000 baht requirement, yeh right good luck, money talks all languages, where does he think the bulk of that money goes, to immigration officers, der....

If he indeed clamps down on that,  the reality will be an exodus of 70% expats. 

This is apples and oranges to the bust cited in the original article, which involved "fake documents."

The agents working with most expats don't "fake" documents - they get a genuine bank-letter based on a one-day loan into the applicant's bank-account. 

Then, they get the seasoning-requirement waived by an IO with sufficient rank to legally waive that seasoning.  As so far described, no laws have been broken.

It is logical to assume that agents pay tea-money to get this seasoning waived - and that act would be illegal.  But, to prove this, they would need to, first, review extension-paperwork to find extensions where seasoning-proof is absent, then, investigate the finances of IOs who waived the seasoning on large numbers of applications, and their superiors, and their superiors'-superiors, on up the chain. 

I will not hold my breath waiting for such to occur.

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:23 PM, marko kok prong said:

So now no doubt we can expect more rule changes,why is Thailand so obssesed with reams of documents,from long term expats,it is all on computer.What next no beards allowed?

What "reams of documents" are required of long-term expats?  

Your beard ban suggestion is a good one, though.

Archived