Big Joke: Watch out visa fraudsters and foreigners - I am after you!

webfact

Big Joke: Watch out visa fraudsters and foreigners - I am after you!

Thanks, Big Joke for that statement; "visa fraudsters and foreigners (...)" Or, was it supposed to mean '(all) foreigners are visa fraudsters'? - Is xenophobia reaching new highs in Thailand? Well, we're close to a (so-called) "election", after all, and someone has to be blamed for Thailand's corruption, failed politics and mismanagement, as well as for social ills and the unequal society!

Thailand should worry more about their own compatriotes committing visa fraud in Korea, Japan, Australia, etc. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, unamazedloso said:

why do people bother with extensions? I have never done them. still do border runs on an o marriage visa. Its cheap and we take a family holiday every year to my home.

"why do people bother with extensions? "

That's an easy question with a couple of answers.

1. Because they can.

2.Because in some provinces, getting annual extensions of stay is a relatively painless procedure, whilst in other areas such as Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Chiang Mai e.g, , by some reports it can be an agonizing ordeal.

I am fortunate to live in a province where it's a simple exercise.

3.However, many people do not qualify financially for the annual extension whether it be for retirement or marriage, thus they do border hops and get new visas annually. It's legal, and it works.

You may be an expat with sufficient funds to be able to take your whole family back to your home for an annual holiday, which, unless you are from a neighboring country would be an expensive exercise in air fares alone. 

Thus, most of the people using the neighboring countries for annual visa renewal likely do not have sufficient financial capacity OR choose to use this method for personal reasons. 

Also many older expats over 65 probably  can't be bothered with the immigration lines / ordeals at the main Thai airports

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well if ole BJ is going after visa agents who are arranging false visas, what about his own immigration officers who are getting a cut?

Seems like they are on his radar too: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1060329-its-official-no-more-tips-back-handers-or-tea-money-to-corrupt-immigration-officers/

Just now, Jonathan Fairfield said:

It only works with the help of those corrupt immigration officials!

As they say: "Don't throw bricks when you live in a glass house."

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Here's an idea.. just make this guy a PM and Thailand will be a better place for it.. or so we hope...

All he is doing is his job. Nothing special. The others did not bother. I certainly would not vote for this joke. Future Forward for me

10 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

The fact of the matter is we are as you say, guests in a country with rules and regulations that we have to abide by

I really hate this line. There is no fact in this matter. This would ring true if Thailand actually had any consistency and actually abided by those rules and regulations. How many foreigners have come here and tried to abide 100% by Thai law and still got screwed over. Should we start completely screwing over Thai citizens in our home countries even if they are following the law 100% just because they are 'guests' and can like it or leave it? 

5 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Tough words! Big Fake won't be going after anyone that's for sure. That will be the responsibility of those at the coal face who do his dirty work for him which is fair enough. 

All that BF will be going after is the publicity for himself later in front of his signature heavy duty vinyl banner plus as many media people with cameras he can invite along. 

Most other Ministers seem to get on and do their jobs without all this self glorification and media hoopla nonsense. What makes him so special?

All jokes aside ( pardon the pun ) he's a pretty smart man, keeps himself in the limelight and that includes his superiors, and that it turn keeps him at the forefront of their minds when its time for a new leader

He will end up at the top sooner than later 

???? ...so following this the one behind this illegal visa thing was a Thai which sold illegal visas to foreigners,. i.e. supply a product in demand, no marked no demand i.e. the Government need a transparent countrywide Immigration system following International standards and not made up at each province Immigration.

On another note....prostitution is not legal in Thailand...who are selling it and the masterminds and able to open brothels countrywide.....is it foreigners...don't think so ???? What is this English saying again...clean up your own sh..t before complaining about the yard to your neighbour.....

6 hours ago, troniccrypt said:

I guess that fake documents probably also mean the visa made easy companies that advertise that they will deal with the financial requirements when submitting for the retirement extension as that is technically fraudulent. I wonder how many people in Thailand have gained their OA extension based on a fake bank statement?

Your'e last sentence. Does it really matter? As long as they are contributing to the economy

and behaving themselves.

I believe that this is a warning to any immigration officer, agent and falang that wants to go the way of illegally acquiring a visa extension with the payment of under the desk payments, your days are numbered. It may change back again after the elections in February, but until then I have always said it is election time and we must show the Thai people we are doing something to keep you happy so make sure you vote for us in February.

5 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Tough words! Big Fake won't be going after anyone that's for sure. That will be the responsibility of those at the coal face who do his dirty work for him which is fair enough. 

All that BF will be going after is the publicity for himself later in front of his signature heavy duty vinyl banner plus as many media people with cameras he can invite along. 

Most other Ministers seem to get on and do their jobs without all this self glorification and media hoopla nonsense. What makes him so special?

"What makes him so special?"  He is a Major/General, didn't you know that?:cheesy:

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Your'e last sentence. Does it really matter? As long as they are contributing to the economy

and behaving themselves.

I think it will matter in February when PM Prayut and the rest of his military ministers that have registered a new political party turn around and say to the Thai people "Look what we have done, we have gotten rid of all those illegal foreigners for you, so you vote for us"

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Going after those "agents" that charge like 10,000 to 15,000 baht to do the illegal extensions, i.e. for all those farangs that don't have the required 400,000 or 800,000 baht requirement, yeh right good luck, money talks all languages, where does he think the bulk of that money goes, to immigration officers, der....

If he indeed clamps down on that,  the reality will be an exodus of 70% expats. 

3 hours ago, BestB said:

So does that mean he will make it easier for genuine people ? Or make it even harder? I have been living and working for over 15 years and every year they making it harder and harder. You would think after 15 years process would be super simplified but no, it’s onky more complex with more papers 

Paperwork. uniforms and noise are all loved here. This is Thailand.

31 minutes ago, vinegarbase said:

I really hate this line. There is no fact in this matter. This would ring true if Thailand actually had any consistency and actually abided by those rules and regulations. How many foreigners have come here and tried to abide 100% by Thai law and still got screwed over. Should we start completely screwing over Thai citizens in our home countries even if they are following the law 100% just because they are 'guests' and can like it or leave it? 

We must be talking different matters, this is about immigration and complying with their rules, not being ripped off, that can happen in any country, and yes Thailand is up there, especially when it comes to justice, but it is what it is and we all have to be vigil. 

Good.....was following a thread on a pattaya facebook group few weeks ago that was harping on about extensions people joining in left right centre about yeah no problem blah blah blah

I must have been one of the few who realised that if you're exposed you can kiss your backside goodbye

Very well known "visa agent" as well that everyone "knows"

Defies belief

11 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I think it will matter in February when PM Prayut and the rest of his military ministers that have registered a new political party turn around and say to the Thai people "Look what we have done, we have gotten rid of all those illegal foreigners for you, so you vote for us"

They will be wanting their pockets lined the same as all the past governments and immigration

officers.

8 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

We must be talking different matters, this is about immigration and complying with their rules, not being ripped off, that can happen in any country, and yes Thailand is up there, especially when it comes to justice, but it is what it is and we all have to be vigil. 

No, I am talking about immigration and complying with their rules. What I am saying is how many foreigners that do things by the letter of the law only to have an immigration officer still screw them for no reason. It happens all the time because they know they can and they get off on it. However as we have seen they won't be pulling these things on the Chinese anymore and they start getting put in their place by them. 

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

They will be wanting their pockets lined the same as all the past governments and immigration

officers.

yes, after they have bought the votes of the Thai people at the cost of getting rid of those illegal falangs

2 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Try and get over yourself.

Mate they are not good guys. 

Thanks for your enigmatic input. But I do not understand either of your sentences. I am simply outlining the mechanics of a process.  What is there that I should try to get over? Who said anything about 'good guys'. I am baffled.

So, all foreigners need to watch out.  The Big Jokester again reiterates what we 'evil foreigners' already know: All foreigners, especially foreign men, are potential criminals until proved otherwise - and then they're still a potential criminals. 

5 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

I find it interesting, that on this subject there are no ads of any of the "Retirement extension without funds"-companies, whereas they have been plastered all over normally...

Are they worded with the phrase "Retirement extension withoutfunds"-

Archived