Jump to content
BANGKOK
jamie2009

Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa.

Recommended Posts

My current Extension of Stay expires on the 14th of December in line with my Multiple Re Entry Permit.

i will be leaving Thailand in November returning on the 11th of December, I know you can renew your Extension 45 Days before it expires. If I return a few days after the 14th can I still renew it or is there no period of grace after the expiry date ?

 

Secondly if I do renew it before I leave do I have to get another Re Entry Permit to cover my new Extension as the current one expires inline with my current Visa ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamie2009 said:

If I return a few days after the 14th can I still renew it or is there no period of grace after the expiry date ?

No. If you return after the 14th the re-entry permit will have expired and you’ll be given a 30 day ‘tourist’ entry. You could only apply a few days late if you were in the country continuously from the 14th and paid the overstay fine.

 

1 hour ago, jamie2009 said:

Secondly if I do renew it before I leave do I have to get another Re Entry Permit to cover my new Extension as the current one expires inline with my current Visa ?

Yes, you would need a new re-entry permit to protect the new (current) permit to stay.

Edited by elviajero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, elviajero said:

No. If you return after the 14th the re-entry permit will have expired and you’ll be given a 30 day ‘tourist’ entry. You could only apply a few days late if you were in the country continuously from the 14th and paid the overstay fine.

 

Yes, you would need a new re-entry permit to protect the new (current) permit to stay.

Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...