Mu Pa Academy cave boys set to appear on US network TV shows

webfact

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPFCWQUt2LumnerlZ32q2qyELDq0P8.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The fame of the boys football team rescued in the Chiang Rai cave drama earlier in the year is set to be ratcheted up a notch.

The 13 boys and their coach Ekaphon Janthawong have set off on a whirlwind tour of Argentina and the US where they will appear in three network TV shows. 

The party includes Payao governor Narongsak Osotthanakorn who was praised for his coordination efforts before his abrupt transfer from the governorship of Chiang Rai. 

Thirteen family members and other officials are also on the tour that is at the invitation of the International Olympic Committee.

Going via Istanbul the boys will first go to Sao Paulo where they will take part in activities at the World Youth Olympics. 

On 10th of October they will head to the US where they will appear on NBC's Today Show and Late Night.

They will also be interviewed by US superstar Ellen DeGeneres on the Ellen Show. 

They will arrive back in Thailand on the 20th of October. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-04

My sixth sense tells me that, after their epic US trip, the Junta will be employing the entire Wild Boar team - plus their heroic coach, of course - as, for the smaller boys, main drain maintenance technicians and, for the taller ones & coach and, in keeping with the Junta's penchant for surprises, Dusit Park Zoo visitor guides, once they've located the zoo, of course, since that's also disappeared.

Odds are 15:1 on, at the moment, but are expected to lengthen.

6 minutes ago, Maejo Man said:

Super degenerate more like it!

Only one of the highest paid talk-show hosts in the USA...but go on...you were saying?!

What interests me:

- what came of "give them some peace and time and don't parade them around"?

and

- remind me, how they earned their fame again? 

I do think this Wild Boars thing is now being blown way out of all proportion - way over the top. These lads should be left to get back to a normal life. But it is clear - the junta is determined to milk them for all they are worth (wait until the approach of the 'election' - when the lads will again be paraded around to remind the world how great Thailand and its fabulous internationalist leader are).

Beware of this type of publicity in Thai TV. Let’s see if there will be more Thai stories of children running to the caves hidding, waiting to be rescued and dreaming for fame and travel.

Rewarding stupidity, typical of Thailand. Thai incompetence at its best.

They were previously talking about prosecuting the coach, were they not? for not following guidelines and putting lives at risk in the rainy season and entering those caves known to be a flood risk.

Then, they had to rely on expertise from the British divers, Aussies and some others from around the world, to not only rescue these kids but also to resue the Thai rescuers as well!

Anybody that wants parading around and honoring is the people who risked life and limb to save these kids in a life and death situation that could easily have ended in catastrophe.

1 hour ago, Bullie said:

I must have missed something, because last time I looked these boys were not Thai citizens, and therefore not eligible for a passport.... So how the hxx did they get to Argentina?

The four who were without citizenship got bumped up the list and were granted it in August. 

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30351752

3 hours ago, Bullie said:

I must have missed something, because last time I looked these boys were not Thai citizens, and therefore not eligible for a passport.... So how the hxx did they get to Argentina?

Yes you missed something. Indeed some of the boys did not have Thai nationality despite been born in Thailand!

This has been sorted out sins. They were given Thai ID's !!! The Junta could not let some little details like that spoil the whole show !!! One of the advantages to be famous is that you multiply the audience by a thousand fold, or ten thousand fold and every word you say can be a positive or negative impact for those involved !!!

In this case it could be known to the rest of the world that Hill tribes who's people were born in Thailand don't automatically get Thai Nationality and are treated like 3 rate citizens by Police, Military and all authority's !!!

2 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Yes you missed something. Indeed some of the boys did not have Thai nationality despite been born in Thailand!

This has been sorted out sins. They were given Thai ID's !!! The Junta could not let some little details like that spoil the whole show !!! One of the advantages to be famous is that you multiply the audience by a thousand fold, or ten thousand fold and every word you say can be a positive or negative impact for those involved !!!

In this case it could be known to the rest of the world that Hill tribes who's people were born in Thailand don't automatically get Thai Nationality and are treated like 3 rate citizens by Police, Military and all authority's !!!

Although ,many of the hill tribe people have been given Thai ID and there are program's in place to give them all Thai ID .

The kids in question had no right to Thai ID because neither of their parents were Thai citizens .

3 hours ago, Bullie said:

Nothing is a problem in Thailand, but issuing passports in cases of not being eligible is normally only applicable to ex-PM's and family, but things can be arranged to suit any situation. 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Where does that weirdo Eton Musk fit in? Surely he and PM Prayut will get high profile stage roles. Love to see PM Prayut on the Jimmy Kimmel show.

This is the most stupid news I have read all week.

Invite the cave divers instead, the real heroes like Unsworth . And then Musk can join the talk show as a side kick. 

In general this rescue is a great story, what an achievement.

However I only watch headlines, I had an aversion to following this story because I knew what it involved Thailand.

What a damn shame.

This is a tale of epic proportions, the kids deserve all they get.

And thats it.

But it wont happen, these kids will end up nobodies in 5 years. They will not have earnt any money, they will have been used by others, both government and private to make money but these kids will get nothing long term nor life changing from now on.

Google The 33.

Not one of thos guys got anything, even though they were promised the world by their own country's president AND the world media. Check how those guys have survived...

Even though this is an amazing story, this is why I will not sit back and watch others reap the benifits and send these kids to perform as zoo animals.

Shame shame shame...

Ellen is famous for giving money, how to make sure the money goes to the kids?

How?

If the Gov doesnt get it the family will.

Shame shame shame.

On 10/4/2018 at 5:07 PM, Bullie said:

Good question. If these boys and their families are stateless. How are they traveling internationally? What countries passports are the using?

24 minutes ago, habanero said:

Good question. If these boys and their families are stateless. How are they traveling internationally? What countries passports are the using?

They use their Thai passports

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-accident-cave-citizenship/stateless-thai-cave-boys-and-coach-granted-citizenship-idUSKBN1KT1SD

AUGUST 8, 2018 / 9:19 PM / 2 MONTHS AGO

'Stateless' Thai cave boys and coach granted citizenship

6 minutes ago, rustinorman said:

They use their Thai passports

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-accident-cave-citizenship/stateless-thai-cave-boys-and-coach-granted-citizenship-idUSKBN1KT1SD

AUGUST 8, 2018 / 9:19 PM / 2 MONTHS AGO

'Stateless' Thai cave boys and coach granted citizenship

Aug 8, 2018, New York Times

3 ‘Wild Boars’ Get Thai Citizenship, but Statelessness Is Pervasive

What about the rest of them? Also, family members that are traveling with them?

Archived